Dog Registration

jonniebkk

Don't know if this has been mentioned here before...but was in town today and saw the big bi-lingual billboard at the corner of Klang and Sukhumvit announcing this new law.

There are 3 steps listed to comply with this new law:

1. Registration of the dog with the "supervisor of veterinary" Where the office of this supervisor is located was not specified.

2. The dog is then to wear a collar with a rabies vaccination tag.

3. The billboard also announces that dog owners are responsible for cleaning-up their pet's waste. The fine for not scoping the poop is up to B 500.

Reasonable and good idea...hope they keep on top of this.

I don't think most of the dogs in Pattaya have read that sign as they are not complying with the requirements.

I believe the place to for the dogs to register is in Soi Buakhaow.

I think they're also the number to call for making complaints about strays and dogs with no collars.

I don't think most of the dogs in Pattaya have read that sign as they are not complying with the requirements.

:o I think like so many others is Patters...they are waiting for a sponsor to adopt them and make them a respectable dog again :D

Nice to see this public announcement in a prominent place in town and have it in comprehensible English and Thai.

Edited by jonniebkk

I think the new rules are for identifying stray dogs rather than pets.Seen a few vans full of dogs recently going to somewhere,maybe tonys dog sanctury but i think,at long last the thai authorities are actualy doing something about the vicious feral dogs,here in pattaya.Having said all that,i have stills een farangs letting their dogs out with no lead and shitting elsewhere.a good stiff fine and take the dogs away might cure them.

Seen a few vans full of dogs recently going to somewhere,maybe tonys dog sanctury

More likely Nakhon Sakhon.

and then onto the stewing pots of Vietnam :o

Sakhon Nakhon is also known for eating dog - there is a minority tribe in the area (the Soh??) who also sell the skins to the fur trade.

Was a thread some time ago when this was first advertised. So far I haven't seen any change. Just as many soi dogs whos owners don't give a sh*t,or where they sh*t!

I said then and still have the same view this will never work. Its like the law banning the use of mobile phones whilst driving :o:D:D .

Edited by begsaresponse

Seen a few vans full of dogs recently going to somewhere,maybe tonys dog sanctury

More likely Nakhon Sakhon.

and then onto the stewing pots of Vietnam :o

Sakhon Nakhon is also known for eating dog - there is a minority tribe in the area (the Soh??) who also sell the skins to the fur trade.

no need to go that far, one month ago a buffet type restaurant on 3rd road was discreetly closed by town hall suits after finding a dogs head in the soup.

I live in hope that the thais can actualy do seomething that is required from them

ie:

abide by the laws.Is that asking too much???

Having said that the farangs are getting as bad.drink driving,smoking in restricted areas,keeping dogs and not looking after them,no crash helmets,driving on wrong side of the road,drunkeness in public areas,and thats just me lol lol.

i think thats why i love thailand so much,nobody gives a flying <deleted>

On a related matter, does anyone know where I can get an ID disk for my dog? He's already been registered and has the collar and rabies tag but I would like to get an ID disk engraved with his name and address, in Thai and English. I think that this might actually be a legal requirement but when I have enquired in any of the local pet shops where I might get one no-one seems to know anything about it.

DM

> On a related matter, does anyone know where I can get an ID disk for my dog?

Big C on Second Road, on the upper level towards the front of the shopping mall is a stall that sells and engraves disks, they can also photo etch "dog tags" as well as tags for your dog.

Big C on Second Road, on the upper level towards the front of the shopping mall is a stall that sells and engraves disks, they can also photo etch "dog tags" as well as tags for your dog.

Thanks for that - Last October I spent two or three days looking around Tesco, Carrefour, Big C and other places in South and central Pattaya. Lots of dog collars and leads, but no tags or plastic screw-top cylinders for holding addresses.

Thanks Cuban. I think that must be about the only place that I haven't tried.

DM :o