Suzuki Vitara

Patriciachas

I think most Vitaras will be much older than that. The later models I think weren't produced in Thailand so quite expensive and they never became as popular as the model you usually see, i.e. around 10 years old if not more.

Try for a Honda CRV, though it's obviously not as good off road as a Vitara, it'll be better on-road.

Actually I guess a Toyota Furtuner (or Sport Rider) might be the closest, though they're a bit bigger of course.

Hi all i am looking for a suzuki vitara 3-5 years old in chiang mai anyone know of such a vehicle for sale much appreciated.

Try looking at a website with the number 1 a two and a car in the address. Sorry about the cryptic reply but I believe we cannot post website address's on the forum. There are plenty of Vitara's for sale in the age group you are looking for. Unfortunately all these cars are in Bangkok.

If you are willing to travel down to Bangkok and buy a car use the services of Expat Motors (TV sponsor, motor section). The chaps name is Andy and he is very helpful.

Cheers :o

Call Suzuki in Chiang Mai, they sometimes have secondhand Vitara in good condition as You look for . 053-380744
Could you give me the address in chiang mai and i will go over to see them thanks

On behalf of 3 Vitara owners here (one of whom had a fleet of the 5 door version for his tourist clients) I agree with ALL these posts and am sure you are on the right track.

The Suzuki main dealer here is located on the city end of the main CM-CR road (route 118), south side. Confusingly close to Isuzu!

The Suzuki people have enough English to help you, are friendly and positive and NOT rip-off merchants. If they don't have what you want, leave your budget and needs and (ideally) your favourite Thai speaking phone number - and wait and hope. Also, sift thru "2nd hand car land" and INSIST on a short test drive of any on offer. Most are worn out ex-rental nails, but you MAY find a good one.

Better still, check the small sales ads and get one from a private owner.

While another poster mentions some alternatives, I have to say there is nothing quite like the versatility, economy, parkability and driving enjoyment of a 3 door Vitara.

Call Suzuki in Chiang Mai, they sometimes have secondhand Vitara in good condition as You look for . 053-380744
Could you give me the address in chiang mai and i will go over to see them thanks

On behalf of 3 Vitara owners here (one of whom had a fleet of the 5 door version for his tourist clients) I agree with ALL these posts and am sure you are on the right track.

The Suzuki main dealer here is located on the city end of the main CM-CR road (route 118), south side. Confusingly close to Isuzu!

The Suzuki people have enough English to help you, are friendly and positive and NOT rip-off merchants. If they don't have what you want, leave your budget and needs and (ideally) your favourite Thai speaking phone number - and wait and hope. Also, sift thru "2nd hand car land" and INSIST on a short test drive of any on offer. Most are worn out ex-rental nails, but you MAY find a good one.

While another poster mentions some alternatives, I have to say there is nothing quite like the versatility, economy, parkability and driving enjoyment of a 3 door Vitara.

i have been today saw iszuzu dealers but could not find suzuki i know i must have missed it but any more clues as to location would be appreciated.

i have been today saw iszuzu dealers but could not find suzuki i know i must have missed it but any more clues as to location would be appreciated.

OK, I'll try again, and I am writing this very sloooowly.

Go to route 121 (otherwise known as the outer ring road).

Go to its traffic light cross roads with route 118 (the main Chiang Mai-Chiang Rai road).

Turn south, sign posted to Chiang Mai city. Chiang Rai and Doi Saket are now behind you.

Travel along steadily in the left lane and keep a sharp look out for the SUZUKI logo and name on a sign fairly high up on your left.

Before you travel more than a few k's you will see these clues. Turn in, go past the rather futuristic elevated open air showroom, curve round to the left into service reception and park as indicated.

OK, I'll try again, and I am writing this very sloooowly.

Go to route 121 (otherwise known as the outer ring road).

Go to its traffic light cross roads with route 118 (the main Chiang Mai-Chiang Rai road).

Turn south, sign posted to Chiang Mai city. Chiang Rai and Doi Saket are now behind you.

Travel along steadily in the left lane and keep a sharp look out for the SUZUKI logo and name on a sign fairly high up on your left.

Before you travel more than a few k's you will see these clues. Turn in, go past the rather futuristic elevated open air showroom, curve round to the left into service reception and park as indicated.

Thanks for that found it this time

You're on the right track.

I bought on the recommendation of three people and am very pleased indeed.

DO use Suzuki on the Mae Jo road it's a ma and pa outfit and very friendly.

Major plusses:

Small enough for the small sois and mud tracks and easy parking but plenty big enough with tons of headroom for me at over 6 ft 3in.....smallish in the little used back which is as it should be.

Some real ground clearance unlike the Honda CRV and a simple 4WD like the Land Rover.

I have a question: I am considering LPG conversion, reckon it would save me 4000bt pm. How does one find out about LPG outlets? What are the disadvantages apart from slight power loss? What's the smallest practical tank?

Perhaps I should start a thread.

• 3 years later...

just bought a 3 door - I just love those old Vitara's - any ideas on spare parts? upgrades? etc.