Dvd Rewriter

pop3

Today I bought a dvd rewriter, model... LG GSA-H55L

It will play dvd ok but I can not get it to rewrite ?

When I try I get the message ( windows encountered a problem when trying to copy this file what do you want windows to do ) the option is to retry or cancel, if I retry the message is the same ? anyone know whats going on ?

Edited by pop3

I am using windows XP pro. I have tried to write to the DVD disc the same way I used to write to my old CD disk by clicking on what I want to write to disc and clicking copy to DVD-RAM Drive (D:) ?

I think the OP is confused between rewriting and writing .... so what is it you try to do?

It seems that you want to write to a DVD within Windows using drag and drop. It is my opinion that that only works for CDs. You must use a compatible program like Nero 8 .... and for rewriting you need a DVD-RW with Nero 8 or a special program (forgot the name but is sold by Nero) to use your DVD-RW as a hard disk ...

Edited by sniffdog

Hi

A CD software disk should have come with your burner. :o As already mentioned to write DVD you will need a special program.

Also a “writable” disk is different to a “re-writable” the first you can only write to once and the re-writable can be used many times.

Here are some free burners.

Burn Aware

CDBurner XP

Final Burner

Active ISO Burner

Be Lucky.

Daffy.

:D

Thank you for your replies everyone, I did not realise windows XP cannot within its programs burn a dvd and that you require an extra program to allow you to do this,

Now I know this I have installed power producer and everything is working ok !

Thank's again for your time...