Songkran In Cm In 2008

Old Man River

Okay, UG, "Crowboy. McSpicy, the RealThaiDeal, and countless other respected members" (I suppose of ThaiVisa), get your jollies! Yes, the CMU girls in their skimpy shirts, shorts and little else are very cute when hit by one of your waterguns. Question is, would you guys be able to hit on them successfully without a watergun??!!

As someone who dated a Asahi and a Tiger girl, both out of Payap, the answer to that question is yes. How about you?

CB

I wouldn't brag too loudly about that if I was you CB ..... Payap is renowned as the place where affluence rather than ability gets you a degree - the knock on effect being that the dumbest rich kids go there.

..... then again, if you're happy dating dumb beer girls ...... :o

If you said they were from CMU or Ratchapat, Silpakorn or Chulalongkorn, then I'd have been impressed :D

:D

I'd be very careful calling them dumb beer girls Gaz because they all work for promotions companies and are legitimate students at universities doing part time work to help finance themselves through college. Confusing them with a Loi Kroh bar girl is likely to get you in serious trouble.

A lot of the girls came from Payap and despite your attempt to sneer at their academic ability they have to pass the entrance exam and their course. The fact is that being a private University many of the students come from more affluent families but many also have to work to survive. Most of us who went to University in the West will recall working as barmen/waiters/taxi drivers etc - doesn't mean we are dumb or lazy just that we had to pay to learn even in those countries with so called "free education".

CB

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, UG, "Crowboy. McSpicy, the RealThaiDeal, and countless other respected members" (I suppose of ThaiVisa), get your jollies! Yes, the CMU girls in their skimpy shirts, shorts and little else are very cute when hit by one of your waterguns. Question is, would you guys be able to hit on them successfully without a watergun??!!

As someone who dated a Asahi and a Tiger girl, both out of Payap, the answer to that question is yes. How about you?

CB

So which tastes better? I have not tried Asahi beer yet.... :o

The Asahi beer had great packaging and was an excellent product but the Tiger was overall a much better choice. I personally recommend you try them all. At one stage a good friend of mine (I think he still posts on this forum) was trying to collect the full set of beer and spirits. Had worked his way through Leo, Tiger, Singha, Chang (that one was special). He then moved to the spirits of Sang Som and JW Black and Red. Was moving up top shelf when suddenly he fell head over heels for a very lovely Tiger. Has remained faithful to the brand since and they have to cubs as a result.

CB

CB

So which tastes better? I have not tried Asahi beer yet.... :D

The Asahi beer had great packaging and was an excellent product but the Tiger was overall a much better choice. I personally recommend you try them all. At one stage a good friend of mine (I think he still posts on this forum) was trying to collect the full set of beer and spirits. Had worked his way through Leo, Tiger, Singha, Chang (that one was special). He then moved to the spirits of Sang Som and JW Black and Red. Was moving up top shelf when suddenly he fell head over heels for a very lovely Tiger. Has remained faithful to the brand since and they have to cubs as a result.

CB

I think this is the funniest post I have ever read on TV!!!!! This should be saved!!!! :o:D:D

Beer Chang...

Nice..

What's the blue label one....?

That looks tasty too.

:o

Thats Tiger beer. I am so glad we don't like the same beer, could have created a problem at John's Place....

Edited by mobs00

CB

I wouldn't brag too loudly about that if I was you CB ..... Payap is renowned as the place where affluence rather than ability gets you a degree - the knock on effect being that the dumbest rich kids go there.

If you said they were from CMU or Ratchapat, Silpakorn or Chulalongkorn, then I'd have been impressed :D

I'd be very careful calling them dumb beer girls Gaz because they all work for promotions companies and are legitimate students at universities doing part time work to help finance themselves through college. Confusing them with a Loi Kroh bar girl is likely to get you in serious trouble.

A lot of the girls came from Payap and despite your attempt to sneer at their academic ability they have to pass the entrance exam and their course. The fact is that being a private University many of the students come from more affluent families but many also have to work to survive. Most of us who went to University in the West will recall working as barmen/waiters/taxi drivers etc - doesn't mean we are dumb or lazy just that we had to pay to learn even in those countries with so called "free education".

CB

Wonders why it took 27 hours to get the email advising you'd replied?

Hohum

I'll also ask that you don't twist my words or I'll start reporting your posts to George - I made ZERO mention of bar girls, nor any allusions to them.

Regarding the other - it is common knowledge throughout Chiangmai academia that if students want to earn a degree, they go to CMU, if they want to buy one they go to Payap. In several large non-Thai funded companies in Chiangmai & Lamphun, job applications from Payap students automatically go into file 13.

Perhaps less time networking in bars and more time in sober company would broaden your understanding of local conditions?

Gaz

CB

CB

Wonders why it took 27 hours to get the email advising you'd replied?

Hohum

I'll also ask that you don't twist my words or I'll start reporting your posts to George - I made ZERO mention of bar girls, nor any allusions to them.

Regarding the other - it is common knowledge throughout Chiangmai academia that if students want to earn a degree, they go to CMU, if they want to buy one they go to Payap. In several large non-Thai funded companies in Chiangmai & Lamphun, job applications from Payap students automatically go into file 13.

Perhaps less time networking in bars and more time in sober company would broaden your understanding of local conditions?

Gaz

Boy, I hope you can make. A laugh a minute.

My biggest problem with songkran is getting in and out of the city during the festivities. with a family, it's just no fun being stuck in traffic....taking 2 hrs to get from the super hiway to the moat, when it normally takes 5 minutes and if you get to the moat.....you're stuck!!

A few special one way 'no water throwing routes' would be a good idea, but we know how 'good ideas' go over here !!

Only a few days left... Should we be training in preparation for this?

I will try to bring a few of my employees by to help. You know, fill your drinks, throw a bit of water, etc.....

Edited by mobs00

Mr. Mobs00

You and your lovely staff would be MOST welcome to join us at John's Place/Cozy Corner after around 12 PM most days during the festival. There will be lots of girls and old degenerates for them to play with. :o

Great! I am sure you can understand when I say how hard it is to train staff here. I have been trying but would welcome help from any other able persons.

Mr. Mobs00

You and your lovely staff would be MOST welcome to join us at John's Place/Cozy Corner after around 12 PM most days during the festival. There will be lots of girls and old degenerates for them to play with. :o

Great! I am sure you can understand when I say how hard it is to train staff here. I have been trying but would welcome help from any other able persons.

I would be happy to help in any way that I can. :D

Yeah ! Songkran's great. love it best when I am anywhere but Thailand.

I suggest a few days in Singapore, Hong Kong or even Rangoon (where you still run the risk of being shot unfortuanely not with water though")

Songkran must be one of the best things to happen for the travel agents, with many Caucasians leaving the country.

First one is OK, 2nd is 'so-so' and after that it's all for the kids (including 30 - 40 yo kids)

It's like "one flew over the cuckoo's nest" with all the loonies being let out for a few days :D

Yep - I'm off to Langkawi :o

G

So... I'm trying to picture the scene in places like Langkawi, Penang, Phuket even: Do all Songkran-refugees get together and join in a group-grumpiness session about the whole thing?

That'd be fun.

Edited by Jefferson

So... I'm trying to picture the scene in places like Langkawi, Penang, Phuket even: Do all Songkran-refugees get together and join in a group-grumpiness session about the whole thing?

That'd be fun.

Yeah we are going to have a terrible time. So to the rest of you: Should the "help" come on Saturday the 12 or Sunday the 13th?

Personally, I think the first few days are the most fun. One starts to get burned out after a few days. I would say that the 12th would be a more fun day as it will probably really get started on the afternoon of the 11th.

Ok, Saturday the 12th at around noon I will try to get them there. As you know they are not the most reliable but I think booze and fun may do the trick.

That'd be fun.

I shall just put it completely out of my mind - and enjoy the beaches, scenery, food, drink and duty-free shopping of Langkawi.

I'll read the death statistics when I get back . . . .

G

UG

Change your meds or your tobacco man

Where in any twisted perversion of tradition and reality is there any similarity between the peaceful, non-invasive, traditions of celebrating Christmas in the west (whether in public or at home) and the complete rejection of respect for other people's choice that goes along with the aggressive and assaulting nonsense that has become Songkran?

The very fact that, in Chiangmai, it becomes impossible to walk anywhere for 5 - 7 -10 days without getting drenched (even when you clearly indicate you are not playing) and it is impossible to shop for food, carry documents to be photocopied, or even to safely photograph the psychopathic mass-intent to murder motorcyclists should be an indicator to any sane and intelligent human being that there is a fundamental flaw with the way that this once-respectful tradition has been hijacked.

All of you above talking about giant water guns and the like are part of the problem, not the solution.

Whatever happened to a gentle sprinkling of scented water on an elder's shoulder as a sign of respect?

Sheesh!!! :o

Fully agree, just a complete lack of respect towards others. Songkran was fun 20 years ago but is 

just insane now, thanks to those farang knuts.

Maybe we should start another thread and have a vote on the best beer in Thailand.

I personally prefer Leo.....um, beer with Singha as a close second

Sorry guys, I neglected to include San Miguel and San Miguel Light in the discussion.

Note: The beer can be seen in the background.

post-39343-1207213312_thumb.jpg

post-39343-1207213333_thumb.jpg

post-39343-1207213347_thumb.jpg

Maybe we should start another thread and have a vote on the best beer in Thailand.

Sorry guys, I neglected to include San Miguel and San Miguel Light in the discussion.

A cool refreshing beverage :o I must admit.

Fully agree, just a complete lack of respect towards others. Songkran was fun 20 years ago but is just insane now, thanks to those farang knuts.

LOL, pining for the golden years. :o But anyway, what percentage of Songkran participants do you suppose are Farang? And what percentage are Farang futher than two stone's throws away form Thapae Gate? :D

Thought so.

It seems that the main discussion is about drinking cheap beer and lower class thai ladies promoting booze by exposing their secondary female sexual characteristics. Did I really travel that far to see this? Nope.

It seems that the main discussion is about drinking cheap beer and lower class thai ladies promoting booze by exposing their secondary female sexual characteristics. Did I really travel that far to see this? Nope.

Most of us did. :o

Secondary!? Lower Class!? :o

Apologies if we can't all live up to your high standards.

Only two more days to go!!!

Edited by mobs00

I got my bucket, need to get ahold of some string now, and maybe buy a squirt gun tonight too. Then I'm off to John's Place tmw, Sunday about 2 pm. Today's all about indoors quiet time backing up the hard drive and clearing out old files. Fun Fun Fun!

Hope to see some of the others I finally met there last year - CB, McGriffith, Ulysses etc. - at the same time as well. Either way I'll keep amused I'm sure. Mmmmmm! Can almost taste the moat water from here!