Guys Wearing Smelly Shoes In Bed

shopgurl

Since we've got the ball rolling on the unmentionables, is it just me (lots of backlashing predicted!) or do other people hate this as well? Maybe it's how I was raised in the Asian way where shoes are to be taken off before entering the house, I just can't bear to think that you can wear your shoes, which have walked in heaven's knows where or into what onto your bed????

slightly off topic....

to remove bad odour from shoes/trainers etc.... sprinkle Tea Tree Oil on the insides.... hey presto, no more bad smells.. :D

How does it work.. well bad smells are caused by Bacteria... Tea Tree Oil is antibacterial... no bacteria = no smell :D

on topic...

I have always removed my shoes when inside a house... my mum brought me up this way.... however I must confess to waking up some mornings after a heavy night out, with my shoes still on... :o

totster :D

?

Only Americans wear shoes past the doorstep. The rest 5.7 billion people in the world are more civilized...

I'm american and am learning that it does make sense to leave the shoes at the door.

However, I just noted that I am the only person on my floor with a doormat. I use that to wipe my shoes before I enter.

Also, americans leave shoes at the entrance if wet or with snow on them. So we do have a version of this.

So maybe we just do things differently.

Hmmmm.... maybe that's why I never get my fedexs. Maybe the guy sees no shoes at the door and assumes nobody is home.

Smelly shoes in bed??? What kind of guys do you hang out with.

I suppose if I wanted to jump on the bed without turning an ankle, I'd wear shoes to bed.

Only Americans wear shoes past the doorstep. The rest 5.7 billion people in the world are more civilized...

Isn't it the same in all western countries? In England we walk into our homes wearing shoes, boots, trainers etc. and later put on a pair of slippers.

If the footwear is too dirty then you just remove them near the doorway and walk into your home in stocking feet. :o

Isn't it the same in all western countries? In England we walk into our homes wearing shoes, boots, trainers etc. and later put on a pair of slippers.

If the footwear is too dirty then you just remove them near the doorway and walk into your home in stocking feet. :o

My god... I'm English and if I was to walk into my mums house with my shoes on she'd have a fit.... !! :D

totster :D

If the footwear is too dirty then you just remove them near the doorway and walk into your home in stocking feet. :D

Of course you were your shoes in your home in Europe as well as America.

Maybe all those barefoot Asians should come over and walk on my very Cold Stone kitchen floor when it's freezing -10 Celcius :D

Still see wify running out in the middle of winter when the sun was shining nicely :o

Only a t-shirt, short and slippers.....

It was - 4 that day :D:D

I never saw a Thai running so fast to get back in :wub:

Shoes off in my house in the UK as with my houses in LOS. Hard to get work/delivery men to do this though.

My English family all wear shoes indoors as long as they are clean. However, not in the bedroom. Slippers are for sleeping rooms. My mum now lives in Spain (another expat) and flag-stone floors means shoes downstairs.

Do Thais not get verrucas and athletes foot etc.???

I think its more hygenic to leave your shoes on in another house. Especially a busy one. Even more so when you go into an internet cafe or suchlikes and there are loads of shoes at the door. I'd leave them on, sorry but I've had verruca's and they took ages to get rid of.

Last time I wore shoes or trainers with sports socks and never flip flops, so wasn't a problem taking my shoes off and leaving my socks on.

George Constanza's father of Seinfeld comes to mind. That was a great episode. While stationed in Korea, Constanza's father had met a Korean girl that was to be his bride. However, when it was time to meet his future In-laws, he wouldn't take off his shoes before entering the house due to chronic foot odour. Needless to say...they didn't get married. Great episode indeed.

I leave my shoes outside on the porch, but occassionaly toads take residence in my shoes. At 6:30 am that can be quite a fright. Last month there were two monster toads in my left shoe, probably acting out some sort of weird fantasy. In Canada, shoes are taken off once entering the house and either stored in a closet or upon a rack. If we were to leave them outside during the winter, well, who would put those shoes on in the morning? I usually left my winterboots beside the woodstove...ensuring toasty comfort when trekking to school the next morning.

slightly off topic....

to remove bad odour from shoes/trainers etc.... sprinkle Tea Tree Oil on the insides.... hey presto, no more bad smells.. :D

How does it work.. well bad smells are caused by Bacteria... Tea Tree Oil is antibacterial... no bacteria = no smell :o

What's a good source for teatree oil in Bangkok?

My house....shoes off!!! Even my 2 yr old daughter knows to take her shoes off when she gets into the house. I myself was born in the US but still do things the asian way. My bf now is in the habit of taking his shoes off. And even ask ppl who visits, to take them off as well.

But why on earth would anyone wear dirty smelly shoes into bed? That's just ridicules.

My house....shoes off!!! Even my 2 yr old daughter knows to take her shoes off when she gets into the house. I myself was born in the US but still do things the asian way. My bf now is in the habit of taking his shoes off. And even ask ppl who visits, to take them off as well.

But why on earth would anyone wear dirty smelly shoes into bed? That's just ridicules.

I am in the US Army and they have a regulation Do not wear Shoes to bed But supposedly it's a health issue thing Your feet need to breathe espacially being on your feet all day.

I myself don't see the reason why to have shoes on while your in bed :o