What Catches Your Eye?

shopgurl

What's the most important thing when looking for a potential mate?  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'll bite shopgurl.

Let's be honest here, the first thing that gets your attention is a hot body and a good-looking face. Then you notice the personality and intelligence which are usually (hopefully!) what keep your attention.

Unless, of course, you are a completely shallow person who only cares about a hot body and a good-looking face :o

Then after that you go to the bars,grab a beer and spend the night watching the cricket/football/hockey or whatever/anything on the TV up in the corner. :D

Even worse you find that you are now joining in to the meaningless conversations with the local "non Thai"lushes that you have been trying to avoid all week and now beginning ..G.H.Us finding their observations and bar-room "phil-o-siphy"interesting :D ...hic..hic

Now you know you have trully arrived :o

I voted for personality because as SBK pointed out the looks and bod are used only as the bait to attract. After all is said and done a hot looking <deleted> is not of much use after a relationship is established. It helps tremendously if the person has it all.

When I first met my wife, I was attracted by her pretty face and slender body, But after getting to know her, I have grown more and more fond of her personality.

She is intelligent , funny and loving. Had she only had the body and not the brain I would have done a runner a long time ago :o

The Monkey

Ps.. Nice thread shopgurl

This is a case where it would be nice to have a poll in which you can rank each attribute. Also, I am not sure how you define "mate". If you are talking about a one-night mate, then the order of importance for me is something like:

1. Body

2. Face

3. Personality

4. Mind

For a long-term mate, then

1. Personality

2. Mind

3. Face

4. Body

This is a case where it would be nice to have a poll in which you can rank each attribute. Also, I am not sure how you define "mate". If you are talking about a one-night mate, then the order of importance for me is something like:

1. Body

2. Face

3. Personality

4. Mind

1. Personality

2. Mind

3. Face

4. Body

So you wouldn't mind settleing down with a fat girl who can tell joke's then? :o

This is a case where it would be nice to have a poll in which you can rank each attribute. Also, I am not sure how you define "mate".  If you are talking about a one-night mate, then the order of importance for me is something like:

1. Body

2. Face

3. Personality

4. Mind

1. Personality

2. Mind

3. Face

4. Body

So you wouldn't mind settleing down with a fat girl who can tell joke's then? :D

Surely there is more to a "personality" than being able to tell a good joke... ??

totster :o

Well.. some of my options aren't on there.

I look for the girl that purposefully gets the pole in front of me and smiles at me in between peeks at the mirror.

The girl that comes sits by me catches my eye.

The girl that comes and serves me drinks catches my eyes. When she tries to give most of my change back as small coins thinking I'll leave that as a tip, she gets my stinkeye for a second then a smile so she knows I know the game.

oh.. my mate. She always catches my eye. I cannot take my eyes off her. Even in bed together, I stalk her. Why? Beautiful eyes, face and long hair (down to her bum). SHe's always making me laugh. I love the way she talks and the stories she tells.

So I'm gonna have to vote face and personality.

This is a case where it would be nice to have a poll in which you can rank each attribute. Also, I am not sure how you define "mate".  If you are talking about a one-night mate, then the order of importance for me is something like:

1. Body

2. Face

3. Personality

4. Mind

1. Personality

2. Mind

3. Face

4. Body

So you wouldn't mind settleing down with a fat girl who can tell joke's then? :o

I can see how you misread it that way. I was just stating the order of importance, but I did not mention the level of importance. So there are still minimum acceptable levels for each attribute.

• 2 weeks later...

All of the above for me too, but it's the looks department which is the initial attraction.

You can tell this is a girlie post 'coz there's absolutely no mention of bedroom skills or commitments. For guys, how could you miss that one out???

kao, suay, muay, x, thana paan klang (ruay kor o).

But seriously... same socio-economic status as a start point as you'll find good looks+nice bodies+enthusiastic lovin' across the entire spectrum.

:o

Hmm...........way to much luvvy-dovy on this board to be true.

If that's the case why are there so many b*rs in Thailand.

Nah you guys are all liars or just fantasising.

It's body, body, body all the way.

Personality?

Couldn't care if she can't speak English, in fact it's preferrable.

And, chuckle, Heng........'same socio-economic spectrum' hahahahahahah!

Of course it's much better if she's loaded!

Then I guess even her body doesn't count but I guess marrying up is out of the question for you Heng. :o

....Nah you guys are all liars or just fantasising.

It's body, body, body all the way.....

Agreed.

It's big tits, small bum, pretty face, wide shoulders, narrow hips, long legs, can be deaf and dumb no pomplem. :o

asking such a question around here must bring a predictable reply .

do bears shit in the woods ? of course .

so faced with a choice of a podium with gyrating girls in swimsuits the said viewer will scan the stunners and mingers and choose a hot looker for starters .

she might have a high IQ and that might interest him but that comes later , much much later .

he might be short of cash so only choose a minger that night .. :o

All of the above and I found her. We're in our 20th month back in the States now and it's wonderful.

Mr Vietnam :o

Good for you Mr Vietnam :D

Sure looks are important but if no substance (personality) then what do u have?? but to some of the guys on here it don't matter just as long as certian parts of her body are working correctly

Agreed.

It's big tits, small bum, pretty face, wide shoulders, narrow hips, long legs, can be deaf and dumb no pomplem. :D

Yeah.... but don't forget those beautiful, georgous brown eyes.... :o

totster :D

Agreed.

It's big tits, small bum, pretty face, wide shoulders, narrow hips, long legs, can be deaf and dumb no pomplem. :o

As easy as ordering a pizza innit.... :D

Then I guess even her body doesn't count but I guess marrying up is out of the question for you Heng. :D

Of course I can. It doesn't have to be an exact match in any case. Their factory might have 3-4 more loading bays or long haul trucks than ours, for example, and in the end 'ta-may-to, to-mah-to', it'd be okay.

Voted "None of the above".

Personally, I think compatibility and commonity are above all. I don't believe in "changing oneself for another", you just have to find THE ONE who suits you the best.

My ex & I were crazy for each other's look & characters when we first met (it was kind of like love at fist sight, no kidding), after dating for a while, we knew that we were of very different type but still thought that because of what we liked about each other, we could change ourselves to suit each other better. Unfortunately, it didn't work :o

I for one have to be mentally stimulated first and so date people older (average gap of 14 years) but I must be honest and say that physical features also are important...though I'd never go for a guy with an exceptionally cute face AND a hot body...you'd spend half your time together chasing the other women away! :o

Most votes for all of the above , how suprising . I voted that way too .

Yeah ... but in this poll, "all of the above" includes "none of the above."

Does that cancel out your vote?