How Much Is Gps In Chiang Mai.

Assasin

i want to buy GPS in thailand at chiang mai but I unknow about the price now.

help suggest the price and a shop sells please. Thank

Eagle GPS in Pantip Plaza, overlooking Chang Klan Rd. on the third floor. There are many different models so you will have to go there and ask them.

i want to buy GPS in thailand at chiang mai but I unknow about the price now.

help suggest the price and a shop sells please. Thank

Eagle GPS in Pantip Plaza, overlooking Chang Klan Rd. on the third floor. There are many different models so you will have to go there and ask them.

I can second that--business is owned by a polish guy called Mauricy and he seems to know his stuff-I bought a real small unit that links up with any Windows Mobile PDA, Smartfone [ I think] or whatever and was not expensive--as the other poster says he's got lots of different models--only problem with mine, and probably all of the dam_n things is when I'm in any big city and I drive underneath an overpass, ringroad, superhighway or whatever and the little blighter can't see the sky--it takes a few mins to get it's brain back together and I've missed my turning--buggered. Great out in the 'upcountry' though.

Thats all well and good but what good is a GPS / Bluetooth reciever on its own ???

Without a display, route mapping, voice guidance its pretty useless to me.

I have no idea what your requirements are for GPS? Indeed a lot of questions and answers on this web site tend to assume a certain degree of assumptions and mind reading as the questioning is often open ended by those without much knowledge on the subjects.

To answer

>>what good is a GPS / Bluetooth reciever on its own ???

I might suggest using it with an optional PDA, computer or telephone with bluetooth and mapping software. With a little reading up this can be down very cheaply and for next to nothing if one already has the hardware in place.

Was just trying to point out that a price of 59+ shipping + taxes might be cheap, but the GPS reciever is just one small part, so saying it cannot be bettered in CM, well without those other parts its not a solution. Also the piecemeal solutions are often far secondary in features, user friendlyness etc..

I can tell you how NOT to do it. I am a cheap Charlie. I bought an eTrex Legend CX off eBay. I upgraded it to a one GIG memory card and paid Rotweiler for his maps. The maps had a lot of glitches and the screen on the eTrex is too small. I bought another Garmin off eBay, a Street Pilot 2610. It had even more glitches than the eTrex with the Rotweiler maps. The 2610 does have a lot of features and I really liked it. I finally had Gadget Trend install the ESRI map on the 2610 and everything works great. After all the aggravation and expense, I would have been better off to just have bought a unit from Gadget Trend and been done with it. I might add that at that time the ESRI map was 12,000 baht. Now it is 7,000 baht. If the Nuvi 200W had been available at that time, that's what I would have had. When all is said and done, I am VERY happy with my 2610 even though I went around the block several times to find that out.