Marmite - Uk Style

Krupnik

If you read the complete article carefully, it looks like that in this case msg is a natural by-product of the process of fermenting yeasts and sugars. There would be no need to list it as an additive, because it is not. It makes Marmite what it is. :o

how much can one talk about something like Marmite? Lucky the word Marmite was not added to pizza'a or cheeseburgers.

However, Marmite spread on one of the pieces of bun before adding the burger, cheese and tomato does create an excellent taste sensation. :o

I'm in smug mode as my stocks of Marmite are about to be replenished (including a Champagne special edition jar!) when my Songkran addicted friends arrive from the UK on Saturday for their annual Thai New Year pilgrimage. :D

JxP

If you read the complete article carefully, it looks like that in this case msg is a natural by-product of the process of fermenting yeasts and sugars. There would be no need to list it as an additive, because it is not. It makes Marmite what it is. :o

I should have known that with all those books that you got, that you would be well read on the subject of MSG (and everything else that springs to mind)

The argument should now be what doesn't have MSG in it. Most processed foods, bread, pizza (in the dough, tomato ketchup, worcestershire sauce, beer and so it goes on) have it.

From what I have read (thanks to you) is that there is very little evidence to say that it is harmful to humans. (I am sure however if there is anything you will let us know)

Edited by john b good

how much can one talk about something like Marmite? Lucky the word Marmite was not added to pizza'a or cheeseburgers.

However, Marmite spread on one of the pieces of bun before adding the burger, cheese and tomato does create an excellent taste sensation. :D

I'm in smug mode as my stocks of Marmite are about to be replenished (including a Champagne special edition jar!) when my Songkran addicted friends arrive from the UK on Saturday for their annual Thai New Year pilgrimage. :D

JxP

No Marmite, no Songkran for them huh ? :o

If you read the complete article carefully, it looks like that in this case msg is a natural by-product of the process of fermenting yeasts and sugars. There would be no need to list it as an additive, because it is not. It makes Marmite what it is. :D

I should have known that with all those books that you got, that you would be well read on the subject of MSG (and everything else that springs to mind)

The argument should now be what doesn't have MSG in it. Most processed foods, bread, pizza (in the dough, tomato ketchup, worcestershire sauce, beer and so it goes on) have it.

From what I have read (thanks to you) is that there is very little evidence to say that it is harmful to humans. (I am sure however if there is anything you will let us know)

Thank you, I love to read almost anything that is well-written, but my main interest has always been fiction, so there are plenty of things that I know little to nothing about. There are a few factual subjects that I have read about in depth and holistic health happens to be one of them - so I have studied a lot about msg - but there are many subjects that I know very little about (real estate, science, mathmatics and photography are just a few that spring to mind).

That is the great thing about reading, you can become an "expert" on a subject whenever you get interested enough to do the research. When I opened Gecko Books, I sent away to Amazon.com and ordered a ton of books on starting a small business and opening a bookstore and how to organize it financially. I was a prolific reader, but knew nothing about business. I feel that I owe a lot of went right to having devoured those books before opening.

By the way, I do feel that msg in reasonable quantities does not damage the health of human beings, but there are plenty of people who disagree with me. :o

By the way, I do feel that msg in reasonable quantities does not damage the health of human beings, but there are plenty of people who disagree with me. :D

I've always been of the group that says 'the right amount' of MSG is helpful, and 'too much' is too much. Same with salt, Tabasco (except with 'ham 'n mothas') and Balsamic Vinegar. I've never suffered the head aches that the NO MSG group talk about, but I've certainly been able to feel my tongue turn 'raspy' from over use of MSG when cheap restaurants try to perk up stale veggies by using handfuls of the stuff.

However, the folks who say 'red meat is harmful...' :D

Everyone KNOWS that red meat is OK; it's green fuzzy meat that is harmful!! :o