Bkk To Sgn Fare

I'm looking at fares from Bangkok to Ho Chi Minh City rtn. For the dates I'm interested in, the best I've found so far is 8,800 baht with Air France. I still haven't found a fare with Vietnam Airlines & as their website hasn't got online booking yet, I'm wondering if anyone has previously booked with them directly and if so, how did the fare compare against AF?

I know Air Asia are starting BKK to SGN, but let's leave LCC's out of the equation.

Not sure on such a short flight why you would want to leave LCC's carriers out of it, unless you are looking for reliability of course.

It depends when you want to go but Air Asia are selling return flights in June, when I am going, for a tad over 4,000 Baht.

I have used Vietnam Airways and they were fine, but when I flew with them they were no cheaper than other carriers, it's just when I used them they were offering discounted domestic flights.

Not sure on such a short flight why you would want to leave LCC's carriers out of it, unless you are looking for reliability of course.

I think this is probably because there are no LCC's flying to SGN at the moment. Isn't Air Asia a new service starting at the beginning of April?

Not sure on such a short flight why you would want to leave LCC's carriers out of it, unless you are looking for reliability of course. I'm only planning on going for 4/5 days & Air Asia have let me down before.

It depends when you want to go but Air Asia are selling return flights in June, when I am going, for a tad over 4,000 Baht. I wouldn't entirely rule them out, especially if the fare was significantly cheaper & flight times OK. I've looked at their website & there are no flights loaded for the dates I'm interested in (December, around Christmas to be exact).

I have used Vietnam Airways and they were fine, but when I flew with them they were no cheaper than other carriers, it's just when I used them they were offering discounted domestic flights.