Soil Analyze In Udon Area

Can not answer your question about Udon but reading the Thai Ag internet one time I read that Thailand had individuals in every larger village whose job it was to check soil and make fertilizer suggestions etc (free to local farmers) I asked my wife and her family, who did this in their area, and got a blank look and the whispered statement ' no have' Then after futher questions, was told maybe someone does this, but they charge. When I offered to pay for soil tests, they could not find the person, who is susposed to be paid by the government to do this. If you have better luck locateing this endangered species tell about it, please. You would take several samples from different parts of the farm, depending on size, different soil types, etc

Can not answer your question about Udon but reading the Thai Ag internet one time I read that Thailand had individuals in every larger village whose job it was to check soil and make fertilizer suggestions etc (free to local farmers) I asked my wife and her family, who did this in their area, and got a blank look and the whispered statement ' no have' Then after futher questions, was told maybe someone does this, but they charge. When I offered to pay for soil tests, they could not find the person, who is susposed to be paid by the government to do this. If you have better luck locateing this endangered species tell about it, please. You would take several samples from different parts of the farm, depending on size, different soil types, etc

Ok, I was there yesterday. A lot of good information, but all in Thai, so GF translated. When we asked them how much for a soil analyze, we were told it was free because they are paid from the government to help farmers.

Sorry, but I don't know. Have to leave Thailand today for 6-7 weeks, otherwise I could have asked them. Can ask them when I'm back but think you can find it out before then. Anyway have to say thanks to all good contributors of this forum, they have helped me a lot.

Sorry, but I don't know. Have to leave Thailand today for 6-7 weeks, otherwise I could have asked them. Can ask them when I'm back but think you can find it out before then. Anyway have to say thanks to all good contributors of this forum, they have helped me a lot.

I went to a meeting in the wife's village where some guys from the government supposedly came by to lecture the locals on alternative fertilizers. They were handing out bags of 'activator' to add to a mixture of chopped veg matter, water and molasses to make a potent liquid fertilizer. They also had a soil scientist with them (he claimed to be) who said he would analyse soil samples for free.

Perhaps I'm a cynic, but I got the impression they worked for Mitr Phol and were ona sales pitch for molasses (which you had to buy yourself from guess who?). However, that doesn't mean it was a bad idea or that they wouldn't do the soil samples for free.

It did seem to be government supported at least, so it should also be universal (i.e available in your area)

Great information...You wouldn't , by chance, know if water samples can also be analyzed at the same dept.?

Stoneman

Fisheries Dept. at Udon Thani will do water analysis, just tell them you are going to use the water for farming fish.

Great information...You wouldn't , by chance, know if water samples can also be analyzed at the same dept.?

Stoneman

Fisheries Dept. at Udon Thani will do water analysis, just tell them you are going to use the water for farming fish.

Thank you very much for the info...I will get a bottle of water and go see them....

Stoneman