Extension of retirement visa for a foreigner not m

My retirement visa is valid until 29 August 2003, and the last 90 day notification says that I should contact Pattaya Immigration on 17 August 2003 for extension of the visa. Since the visa extension is usually granted within one day, can anyone please clarify the following:

1) Will I be subject to the increase in the application fee from 500 to 1,900 Baht, effective 26 August 2003?

2) Has there been any change to the following financial requirement, and could it affect my case?:

“At the end of the one-year stay, the alien who wishes to extend his/her stay shall submit a request for the extended period at the Immigration Bureau with documented evidence of money transfer, or a deposit account in the Kingdom, or an income certificate, at the amount of no less than 800,000 Baht, or an income certificate plus a deposit account at the total amount of no less than 800,000 Baht a year.”

3) Which application form must be completed for the extension – TM.7 - Application for extension of temporary stay in the Kingdom?

Thanks

1. Nobody knows yet, but if Immigration Bureau accepts 500 Baht when you apply on or before 17 August, it's likely that they extend it for the old low fee.

2. The change of requirements, if any, will take effect in July 2004. So 800,000 Baht is the current requirement. It might be a grandfather clause from next year, but that's not announced yet.

3. Yes, form TM7.

and the last 90 day notification says that I should contact Pattaya Immigration on 17 August 2003 for extension of the visa.

George - isn't Marty confusing the 90 day Residence Reporting - with the Extending of his Visa ?