Where To Buy Suit..

tinytot

Hi all .. Just wanting to know anyone know where to get good suit made at good price... I know Sukhimvit prices are little bit exxy but maybe someone has a good tailor at a good price.. Thanks just want get quality suit made... tinytot

The funny thing about this topic is that nobody will ever refer to the same tailor.

Everybody always have their own go-to-guy, who apparently isthe King of Seams :o

I would recommend Alex Fashion in Rembrandt Hotel. They always have good quality fabrics & their seams have been flawless, so far. I experienced a couple of times other places, where the seams broke after using the suit one time.

Alex Fashion is definitely not the cheapest but I have only had positive experiences in regardins to quality and service.

Most of the tailors on Sukhumvit are just shop fronts that take your order and then sub it out.

Try to find a tailor that actually cuts the cloth on the premises, you won't see many.

The only one I've personally seen doing this is Dino's next to the Sheraton.

They are my personal choice and the reason I may have not have seen other tailors cutting cloth is because I stopped looking after starting to use Dino's over 15 years ago.

Cheers

Most of the tailors on Sukhumvit are just shop fronts that take your order and then sub it out.

Try to find a tailor that actually cuts the cloth on the premises, you won't see many.

The only one I've personally seen doing this is Dino's next to the Sheraton.

They are my personal choice and the reason I may have not have seen other tailors cutting cloth is because I stopped looking after starting to use Dino's over 15 years ago.

Cheers

It highly depends on who they sub it out to. Sorry, I fail to see the relevance of them cutting the cloth in the shop?

Edited by DB84

If they cut it in the shop you know who the tailor is.

The other shops who sub out that work may use a variety of tailors, or they may change their choice of tailors to save cost. Any variety of things could happen. Thus you may get one high-quality suit but the next could be exceedingly poor.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

The other shops who sub out that work may use a variety of tailors, or they may change their choice of tailors to save cost. Any variety of things could happen. Thus you may get one high-quality suit but the next could be exceedingly poor.

:o

What he said

Cheers

:o

What he said

Cheers

Do you also expect the waiter at your table to prepare your food? They might also have changed chef since you were there last...

On a serious note, if you trust the judgement of the "sales person" it really should not be a problem purchase a suit through a tailor who might or might not use a subcontractor. Often it is obvious who is trying to milk you and who is being sincere, it really only takes a limited amount of people skills.

Just because the cloth is not cut "in the building", it does not mean that the quality is poor or that the tailor does not own production facilities. All I'm saying is, don't fool the OP... plenty of tailors deliver satisfactory results even without and in-store production facility.

Edited by DB84

Who is trying to fool the OP?

I offered my preferred tailor which has kept me happy for over 15 years and gave some insight into my thought process in choosing him.

Plenty of the tailors on Sukhumvit churn out crap , some receive glowing reports year after year. Raja's and Dino's are examples of the later , Dino's being unusual in that they are Chinese Thai rather than Indian Thai not that ethnicity changes the threads.

Another marker for the better tailors is not having a sign offering 1 jacket , 2 trousers , 3 shirts and a dozen ties for $100.

I guess with shopping for a tailor the people choosing will be able to be divide in to three groups. Those choosing quality , those choosing value for money and those who don't really know what they are choosing.

Cheers

I offered my preferred tailor which has kept me happy for over 15 years and gave some insight into my thought process in choosing him.

Plenty of the tailors on Sukhumvit churn out crap , some receive glowing reports year after year. Raja's and Dino's are examples of the later , Dino's being unusual in that they are Chinese Thai rather than Indian Thai not that ethnicity changes the threads.

Another marker for the better tailors is not having a sign offering 1 jacket , 2 trousers , 3 shirts and a dozen ties for $100.

I guess with shopping for a tailor the people choosing will be able to be divide in to three groups. Those choosing quality , those choosing value for money and those who don't really know what they are choosing.

Cheers

Yes no sign outside offering three suits for a dollar and no touts is usually a good sign.

I have used Rajah's and been happy but have used Gulati's his cousin recently for shirts.

I was out with a pal in Singapore the last couple of weeks and his shirts look very good for a place down Suk 11 which I always thought were rip off joints.

Cheers

I just think it was misleading that you distinguish good tailors and bad tailors according to whether or not they cut the cloth in the shop. Especially since you say yourself that you haven't tried anyone else for 15 years. Some tailors on Sukhumvit do "churn our crap" but I disagree that a meassure of quality is based on them cutting the cloth in the shop. I've had plenty of great results from tailors who outsource their production.

Not trying to stir up controversy, so let's agree to disagree :o