Anyone Ever Stay On Coral Island ?

gary and kids

My kid's and I are traveling to Phuket later this month for a week and woud like to find somewhere a little quiter to relax and do some diving. I’ve heard Coral Island is very nice, we thought Koh Chang /Koh Wai might be a little far (is it?) all idea’s are welcome- :o

I have not been to any of the other islands you mentioned, but I have been to Coral Island and LOVED IT! I would recommend it. Its a nice place for families to go and it is very relaxing. I did some snorkeling there and I really enjoyed it.

Thanks for the reply. it looks really nice :D Just wondering if you know if there is any thing else on the Island, shops, restaurant or ??

THANKS AGAIN :o

It's been a few years since I was last on coral island, but I didn't enjoy it one bit. Every few minutes a speed boat arrives spewing out an endless number of Japanese and Korean tourists. The beach was dirty and noisy and as for being called 'coral island', well, all the coral died years ago.......maybe things have changed for the better, but somehow I doubt it.

Snorkeling at Coral Island you will see only one type of fish, a small striped species that is there in massive numbers because the tourists are feeding them bread. You might contemplate going to Koh Racha instead, it is also quite close to Phuket.

Snorkeling at Coral Island you will see only one type of fish, a small striped species that is there in massive numbers because the tourists are feeding them bread. You might contemplate going to Koh Racha instead, it is also quite close to Phuket.

Thanks for the ideas on Koh Racha, do you know if there are places to stay and snorkeling O.K ??

- Any help is appreciated :o THANKS