Custom 3x Shirts

bunta71

While writing my wish list to Santa I remembered that I would like to have about 5 or 10 "Hawaiin style"shirts made from 100% loudly printed cotton. Trust me when I say there are NONE available off the rack here.I am 6'1" tall, weigh in the 325lb. range (depending on what time of day it is) and my shoulders are about as wide as UG's butt! Been shopping for shirts for several decades and KNOW there are none that fit off the rack.

What I am asking is for a lead from someone with personal experience having this done. If I go to the local Bombay tailor boys they will have the job subcontracted out to the person I seek.Any and all comments welcomed....Just checking to see if UG is awake yet

I can highly recomend that your next trip to BKK you pop into the Jim Thompson Outlet store near Patpong (the one down close to Naratiwat .. not the one close to Rama4) and grab up some comfy fabric and have them made at any decent tailor

While writing my wish list to Santa I remembered that I would like to have about 5 or 10 "Hawaiin style"shirts made from 100% loudly printed cotton. Trust me when I say there are NONE available off the rack here.I am 6'1" tall, weigh in the 325lb. range (depending on what time of day it is) and my shoulders are about as wide as UG's butt! Been shopping for shirts for several decades and KNOW there are none that fit off the rack.

What I am asking is for a lead from someone with personal experience having this done. If I go to the local Bombay tailor boys they will have the job subcontracted out to the person I seek.Any and all comments welcomed....Just checking to see if UG is awake yet

Im surprised no one from a billboard company has approached you for some work

sorry- just kidding :o

Donnyboy,oh Donnyboy....Reality of it all is that If I find a shirt that fits,I buy it regardless of what is says or depicts. So in essence I do do the walking billboard thing frequently. If only I could figure out how to capitalize on it. :o

Try at the Vorwat dept store in Wararot market - it is in the connecting soi that joins Wichayanon Road to Praisani - the philatelic museum is on the far corner and opposite is the TOT telephone office and the Maeping PO. They have large to 4X shirts in many styles including pink flamingo and lurid toucans. Usually at this time of year they start stocking up on Songran shirt specials.

I am curious how and why you measured your shoulder width with UG's butt. Hope the two of you are happy - maybe you could get matching His and His Shirts in pink and torquoise

:o

CB

And here was I thinking that only Ned Flanders and Magnum wore Hawaiian shirts.

I have one if you want, due to my over indulgance on Moo Kat Taa and Chang draft beer it no longer fits me. I think its a triple X as well.

Keep in mind though that when you see XL on a Thai t shirt its actually XL for them not you. I had some guy offer me something like an XXXXL shirt once, it fitted great but i was too asamed to buy it cause of all the X's.

Middle corridor outside Tops in Airport Plaza. Left hand side when coming away from Tops. The shop stocks up to 6X at least.

Can you remember how far up on the left hand side and what does the shop front look like? I took a wander around these shops last week and they all appeared to be selling ladies clothes.

Cheers :o

Thanks P1P,

I'll try there.Hope they have double doors

I forgot to tell you this morning when I saw you... I have a tailor who makes my shirts for me. I bring him the cloth and he charges 200 baht for a nice sport shirt with button-down collars. Takes him about 2-3 days to make up 4-5 shirts for me. Does good work on my wife's dresses and blouses too. Give me a call and I'll give you directions to his shop. I'ts down a back soi and would take too long to write out.

The shop is a double fronted store called Dr. Zu. It stocks up to size 8X. If you walk from Tops & the Japanese fast food place in the center corridor leading directly towards the escalator, it is about the fifth or sixth shop on the left.

Thanks P1P,

I'll try there.Hope they have double doors

I forgot to tell you this morning when I saw you... I have a tailor who makes my shirts for me. I bring him the cloth and he charges 200 baht for a nice sport shirt with button-down collars. Takes him about 2-3 days to make up 4-5 shirts for me. Does good work on my wife's dresses and blouses too. Give me a call and I'll give you directions to his shop. I'ts down a back soi and would take too long to write out.

I'll be hitting you up for that info in a week or 3 when I am up there :o

Middle corridor outside Tops in Airport Plaza. Left hand side when coming away from Tops. The shop stocks up to 6X at least.

Can you remember how far up on the left hand side and what does the shop front look like? I took a wander around these shops last week and they all appeared to be selling ladies clothes.

Cheers :o

I found some shirts there today and the shops are not difficult to find. Just look for the few with all men's clothing inside. :D

The shop is a double fronted store called Dr. Zu. It stocks up to size 8X. If you walk from Tops & the Japanese fast food place in the center corridor leading directly towards the escalator, it is about the fifth or sixth shop on the left.

Many thanks p1p. :o