Another Isp On A Tot Line

XCaSQz

Hello,

I'm sick and tired of TOT cybergold 999ms pings all the time, so I want to stop ADSL internet from TOT.

I heard that it is possible to have internet access from independent ISP, if you have a phone line.

My location is soi10 of jomtien beach road.

Now I have TOT 2048/512, which is good only within Thailand, outside it comes to ~100/20...:o

Thanks in advance

Edited by XCaSQz

Hello,

I'm sick and tired of TOT cybergold 999ms pings all the time, so I want to stop ADSL internet from TOT.

I heard that it is possible to have internet access from independent ISP, if you have a phone line.

My location is soi10 of jomtien beach road.

Now I have TOT 2048/512, which is good only within Thailand, outside it comes to ~100/20... :o

Thanks in advance

Great! If everyone would just leave TOT my speed would increase a lot. Bye bye!

Since TOT is the owner of the phone network, it's not so easy to just switch provider.

TT&T is sublicensed to TOT, so they can use TOT's network, for instance CAT Telecom cannot.

Call CAT to see if you can get their service at your place. If yes, they will install a new phone line (which will certainly be better than the existing TOT one).

Every provider will have glitches when it comes to international traffic, so don't expect any provider to be perfect.

...talking about the Thai internet, which websites are actually running in Thailand?

I've visited CAT's office on South Pattaya Rd today, they even told that their service is available at my place, but I don't like them saying that the overseas bandwidth would be around 300-800kbps on Hinet 2M/1M plan (~2600Baht). This is what I have average with TOT line and I'm not sure that switching to CAT is a good idea as I'll get "same-same" for more than twice price...

Edited by XCaSQz