Tiger Boxer

jdinasia

I belief that the Honda CG and Tiger Boxer engine are not compatible in the form of swapping parts. Also I'm not aware that Akunar sells Honda CG bore-up kits, but everything is possible I did not visit them for some time.

Hi Richard,

I just heard from Khun Pariya at Tigers in Bkk, the TT 150 engine IS BASED ON A CG 110 OR 125 Honda, amazing that a coat of black paint makes it look that bit different.

I have asked him about an overbore & a couple of other things & he is getting back to me, I will keep you advised if it of any interest ?

Bros

HI Richard,

I have made a mistake over models, & given you wrong information, so Sorry ok, I am about to have to eat another C--P sandwidge,

I previously asked Tiger the engine questions based on the new small retro honda cub looking thing, which they answered Honda copy as above.

I realised after that although its retro looking the correct name for the 150 is TT 150,

so I have apologised to them, & asked the same questions as before but for the TT 150 not the retro cub,

soon as I have an ansa I will let you know.

for general interest The C--p sandwidge did not taste any better than the one last week.

Bros

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been getting about 34.5 km/l on ethanol on my CBR150, including freeway runs up to 125 kph. I doubt we have enough reliable info on Tiger Boxer 250 to be sure the 250 gets much better than that. Mai bpen rai: once you get 35, you are not using enough fuel to save much more at a higher number. I imagine that being in a lower state of tune, and less aerodynamic, the Tiger Boxer does not outperform the CBR150 by much. And, without a tach or a dyno horsepower curve, how would you know when to shift?

I am using my Tiger Boxer 250 RS on Gasohol 91 and do 28,5 km/l , this downtown & freeway driving...not being particular a "friendly" driver in terms of fuel efficience :-)  But i am happy with the fuel usage on this bike.

It is quiet easy to know when to shift gears without tach. Using the ear & feel will conclude to do the right thing at the moment, but granted it is nice to have a tach.Tach may be fittet later on my bike and will see how i will do with the speedo , which is the weakness on the Tiger Boxer. Maybe this one is an good idea: http://asianconceptthai.com/product_121_1056_EN.html2

mbox

Looks nice Mbox, do you have an idea about the price?

And yes, most people swift without looking at the tach (I have the idea if we all would look at our tach to shift gear in Thailand we would have much more accidents)

And yes, most people swift without looking at the tach (I have the idea if we all would look at our tach to shift gear in Thailand we would have much more accidents)

Hi richard,

I did send asian concept an email and await for reply, will post it here when i know....it seems perfect in size and design for the tiger boxer...

Regarding Tach:

the bike i owned longest here was an '88 xj 750 . was a great bike old and good but too difficult to get any spares, not particular fast but good torque and comfort....i don't recall, either tach was not on there or it wasn't working...but what really was annoying there was no fuel indication and the reserve /on switch didn't do the trick either ..so the trip counter had to do on this....

sometimes it is good to use common sense , when to refill fuel or when to change gear....is it really necessary to have a light for low fuel flashing ? Or telling me how fast i am ? or how many rpms i am doing? It is nice to know but not quintessential . I feel, a good biker can manage without these gimmicks.....much more important that brakes engine,clutch , lights ...and horns:-) are working here. I had an thai mechanic fixing my brakes on th xj which he actually didn't (but said he did), and while driving my diskbrake(front) locked up ...as this is not unusual on a diskbrake malfunction....i had a good fall and 2nd degree burn on my leg , i was not fast(on approach to an intersection) and i am lucky to be alive.....lesson learnt - bugger the gimmicks- pay attention to the safety . 

mbox

Hi richard,

here is the reply which came in rather swift ( within half hour) :

hi thanks for enquiry but at this time this item is not available yet. It is still on the way from Taiwan

Tentatively RX2N will be in stock by early May. I will email you when item is ready and price

Best Regards,

PEESADEJ N.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASIAN CONCEPT CO., LTD. THAILAND

RATCHABURI PEERA YONT LTD. PARTS

8/1-3 Khathatorn Rd., Muang,

Ratchaburi Thailand 70000

Tel. +66.32.321.614-5, +66.32.326.614-5

Fax. +66.32.310.814 E-mail: [email protected]

MSN Messenger: <snip> , SkyPe: shay_asianconcept

www.AsianConceptThai.com

"Thailand's Most Complete Motorcycle

Spare Parts Shop that Delivers"

So it looks as if we need to wait a few weeks but i am quite tempted to buy one of these....

mbox

Edited by soundman
Email address removed as per forum rules.

Hi :o

How much does that thing cost? I can't seem to find a price on that site.... this would look nice on my RXZ, too :D

Kind regards.....

Thanh

Hi Thanh,

I will post the price here once they email me ....will be sometime in may i guess...

mbox

Thank you very much in advance :D That device looks amazing and i could very much use it...... i hope it won't be too expensive :D

With best regards.....

Thanh

Thanh,

I believe this was the item I was shown by Charlie some weeks ago & as I recall the price was approx 6000 baht, I believe delivery to Thailand was free, & payment could be made through a bank in BKK

Charlie ( kano ) should be able to confirm for you.

Bros.

Thank you very much in advance :D That device looks amazing and i could very much use it...... i hope it won't be too expensive :D

With best regards.....

Thanh

Thanh,

I believe this was the item I was shown by Charlie some weeks ago & as I recall the price was approx 6000 baht, I believe delivery to Thailand was free, & payment could be made through a bank in BKK

Charlie ( kano ) should be able to confirm for you.

Bros.

Hi bros,

we(kano and myself) talked&emailed about this item and there was a post on boxermc about some model which was merely meant for offroad models ...not as good looking but still functional this was about 7000 THb , i believe this is what kano meant...the model that i posted here is having an unknown price so far i excpect it to be slightly higher than that . i will share the reply with you once shay from asianconcepts emails me the info,

mbox

Hi Mbox, thanks for pointing that out.

My nephew is building a custom and may be interested in one.

post-63954-1240649965_thumb.png

Our friend's in U.S.A have a supplier in country.

Superbike Toy Store, LLC

2220 SE Indian ST

Stuart, FL 34997

With best regards.....

Thanh

Hi Thanh,

Allan cbr says you are a two stroke wizard & have available a cheapish Yamaha rxz is this right please ??

087-1487325.

Bros ( pattaya )

Well "wizard" i don't know if it's the right word..... but i'm mechanic (including diploma) and specialized in two strokes, so much is true :D However to get my RXZ you will need to pry it out of my cold, dead hands....... there you got wrong information.

I am planning to sell my VRR though, in fact i will have to sell it due to space issues - i got two RXZ and that one VRR, three bikes is one too many and my RXZ - see above :D Have a look, it's not a new bike but won't be expensive either, still needs a little work but many new parts in there already, price negotiable.... and it's a two-stroke, too, even more powerful than a (stock) RXZ because it's got 150cc. Green book obviously available, bike is taxed and insured.

Kind regards.....

Thanh

post-13387-1240961381_thumb.jpg

Hi :)

Well "wizard" i don't know if it's the right word..... but i'm mechanic (including diploma) and specialized in two strokes, so much is true :D However to get my RXZ you will need to pry it out of my cold, dead hands....... there you got wrong information.

I am planning to sell my VRR though, in fact i will have to sell it due to space issues - i got two RXZ and that one VRR, three bikes is one too many and my RXZ - see above :D Have a look, it's not a new bike but won't be expensive either, still needs a little work but many new parts in there already, price negotiable.... and it's a two-stroke, too, even more powerful than a (stock) RXZ because it's got 150cc. Green book obviously available, bike is taxed and insured.

Kind regards.....

Thanh

Thanks Thanh,

I guess allan got that rxz tale wrong, sorry ok, I have an aversion to dead hands cos they usually go with dead bodies, so we better forget that idea hey.

Thanh I want a small simple air cooled 2 stroke to ride for a while Now, but not the frantic water cooled bike.

so ok a Kawasaki 125 gto preferably with a disc brake would be perfect, do you know of or can you find 1 ?? ( finders fee will be paid ) for sale with book etc please ?

Im hoping to get a Tiger when they are released in a couple of months, in the meantime a Gto would be wonderfull & allan says You are THE 2 stroke man to ask.

Thanks a lot, Bros.

Well while i can certainly assist you in pretty much anything regarding "two stroke" and can also fix your bike if you have a problem with it (and live close enough!) i can not be of much assistance in finding particular bikes..... however if you don't mind doing a bit of work on a bike i know an RXZ for sale right now, ok looking but of course rather run-down - it's got the book etc, appears pretty complete to me and is rideable "as is" however the small things have to be done - bulbs, tyres, chain/sprocket etc. They are asking 5k Baht, it's the same place where i got my first RXZ and that VRR from, just around the corner from where i live here in Bangna.

I'd take it myself but i have neither money nor space for it (i want a third RXZ for another project - making a scrambler/enduro out of one is a challenge) however for the mentioned reasons i am unable to do that now. RXZ got a front disc brake while GTO does NOT, i hope you are aware of that. I'll take a picture of said RXZ tomorrow and post it here for you.

Another thing - while i have no experience with GTO's i know one definite disadvantage - their carb is sitting beside the crank case (no inlet through the cylinder port) which makes the bike unable to pass flooded roads. Also Yamaha's engines are very reliable - there's an RXZ in my soi with over 115,000 kilometers on it :D And i've seen a VRR with 98,000.

Best regards.....

Thanh

Sorry guys,

I'm not the two-stroke expert as I once was but a 125cc Kawasaki GTO, this motorcycles where made by Tiger Motor and I cannot remember that they ever made a 125cc of the Kawasaki GTO. So far as I can remember the Kawasaki GTO is only available in 150cc.

And considering the amounts of Kawasaki GTO's I see daily in Bangkok traffic, it must be a good bike, it is the number one "old" bike in Bangkok still seen in daily traffic.

Edited by Richard-BKK

Umm GTO's are NOT available in 150.... you get them in 110 and 125 instead, of which the newer ones are all 125. And, despite looking so "classic" or "old style", those are fierce sprinters - they got quite a bit of power :D However as mentioned i can't speak for their longevity as i don't know about it, but i have personally seen GTO's being pushed when Sukhumvit was knee-deep flooded where even Wave's kept going - it's definitely a weak point because of the low-lying carb.

Kind regards.....

Thanh

te name='Richard-BKK' date='2009-04-29 21:51:54' post='2701193']

Sorry guys,

I'm not the two-stroke expert as I once was but a 125cc Kawasaki GTO, this motorcycles where made by Tiger Motor and I cannot remember that they ever made a 125cc of the Kawasaki GTO. So far as I can remember the Kawasaki GTO is only available in 150cc.

And considering the amounts of Kawasaki GTO's I see daily in Bangkok traffic, it must be a good bike, it is the number one "old" bike in Bangkok still seen in daily traffic.

Hi Thanh & Richard,

Your right I also have seen dozens of the GTOs in Bkk, but when ever we have been able to stop & ask any Thai delivery guys where to look for one they go all mysterious & say , have to look shops & vaguely indicate with their hands which doesent help us too much,

its my belief that someone somewhere in Bkk is real big into buying/ selling/ repairing these GTO bikes but god knows who or where?

Its one of Amazing Thailands mysteries, all I want currently is a light, air cooled 2 stroke to ride here for a couple of months or so & the GTO appeals.

tried thai scooter.com & mo cyc.com & theres rarely anything for sale thats legal !

Looking at kawasaki GTO on my browser it shows that they have been around since gods dog was a puppy, it shows GTO 110cc, drum brakes, GTO 125, Some with front drum & some with Right or left hand disc, & now you have made my day saying theres a 150 cc version ( with a drum )

Im hoping to get a Tiger in a month or so, but if anyone does know of a legal Kawasaki GTO with book etc or even where this mysterious shop ( that must exist in Bkk to service peoples needs is ) please please give me a heads up.

Fringe benefit of owning a smokey air cooled 2 stroke machine is that I have truly awful nosey near neighbour who runs to her gate with a bad face when ever we take the suzuki step or the car out,

So a 2 stroke left ticking over outside for 5 mts will do her head in so its worth buying one just to have a good laugh each time.

I asked you Thanh about your Yam cos I thought it was for sale & ready to ride away ( wrong )

& do appreciate the offer of another one, however I need something up & running to ride like now, so please may I ask you to keep your eyes & ears open, & I will be there like a rat up a drain ok.

I promise Im Not going to try to ride through any Klongs so water problem aint an issue.

Bros. 087-1487325

Umm NOT "wrong" - i got one Yamaha that is for sale and ready to ride away. It's water cooled but if you want it smokey - nothing easier than that, i put the oil pump to "max" which is better for the engine anyway :D When i said "some work needs to be done" that does not mean it's not ready to ride - in fact everything on it works, however there's a dent in the tank, it could use a bit of colour spray here and there and the rear wheel needs one spoke because one is missing however that's it. Front tyre and inner tube = new, both sprockets + chain = new, chain guard = new, water pump = new, battery = new, left hand switch unit = new, a number of shaft seals = new, engine oil = new, speedmeter drive and cable = new, foot rest sets (complete) = new, foot brake lever + brake light switch = new. Exhaust pipe is from a TZR but genuine Yamaha, rear tyre top, all lights/indicators etc work, both brakes work.... ready to ride.

The RXZ i was talking about is likely "ready to ride" as well however it is in a condition that you can expect for 5,000 Baht.

So please make up your mind if you need "any bike that's ready to ride" or a "Kawasaki GTO Mk V, model "Speedster", blue, max 15k kilometers, max 6,500 Baht".

Best regards.....

Thanh

Hello again.

Here are some pics of the mentioned RXZ. They ask for 5,000 Baht, the bike runs, is rideable and got the book. Condition is very reasonable considered that price. If you give me an additional 2,000 Baht i put a non-broken head light, the missing head fairing, correct tail light, good seat, new driver/passenger foot pegs, a new front tyre and new engine oil and you got an air-cooled smokey two-stroke. I will of course also check that all electrical systems etc are in good working order and that the brakes are good.

But it's not a GTO.

Best regards......

Thanh

post-13387-1241055806_thumb.jpg

post-13387-1241056141_thumb.jpg

post-13387-1241056183_thumb.jpg

post-13387-1241056216_thumb.jpg

The amount is so high because it was still available brand new as of last year.... if not even now? I don't know but i believe they still sell it. The price was around 45k Baht new as far as i know. And yes, it is definitely a two-stroke with direct-crankcase-intake and 125cc, the older ones were 110cc. There are three models "Classic", "City Sports" and "Speedster". I do not know the exact differences between them. The most current version is Mk VI, with the indicators with white transparent lenses (Mk V had orange ones).

The GTO, like the RXZ, is liked because of it's engine characteristics - high torque allows for hauling heavy goods such as gas cylinders (special racks are available) and economic riding while they also rev high and can go quite fast.

Sadly RXZ has last been sold in Thailand in 1996 while it is still made by Yamaha and still sold in Malaysia and Singapore, there still being very popular.

Best regards....

Thanh

Umm NOT "wrong" - i got one Yamaha that is for sale and ready to ride away. It's water cooled but if you want it smokey - nothing easier than that, i put the oil pump to "max" which is better for the engine anyway :D When i said "some work needs to be done" that does not mean it's not ready to ride - in fact everything on it works, however there's a dent in the tank, it could use a bit of colour spray here and there and the rear wheel needs one spoke because one is missing however that's it. Front tyre and inner tube = new, both sprockets + chain = new, chain guard = new, water pump = new, battery = new, left hand switch unit = new, a number of shaft seals = new, engine oil = new, speedmeter drive and cable = new, foot rest sets (complete) = new, foot brake lever + brake light switch = new. Exhaust pipe is from a TZR but genuine Yamaha, rear tyre top, all lights/indicators etc work, both brakes work.... ready to ride.

The RXZ i was talking about is likely "ready to ride" as well however it is in a condition that you can expect for 5,000 Baht.

So please make up your mind if you need "any bike that's ready to ride" or a "Kawasaki GTO Mk V, model "Speedster", blue, max 15k kilometers, max 6,500 Baht".

Best regards.....

Thanh

Hi Thanh, Im confused ( its my age ) are you saying the GTO below really exists for sale or are you joking with me ? if its real Yes I will buy it & its a done deal.

Wait your reply Thanh, many many thanks .

Bros

Tony i think Thann is saying. do you want him to look for a specific model and mileage or look at any decent cheap 2 stroke. Allan

he can get you that Yamaha RXZ for 7,000 baht with all the parts fixed or replaced, checked and ready for you to ride. which is a pretty good price. if you decide i can bring it over to you when i get back from the UK. Allan

ps Thann it looks like it needs a fork seal replacing as well :)

Hi.

Sorry to confuse you. Said GTO does NOT exist. I was just exaggerating your wish to buy "any air-cooled two-stroke that's ready to ride" yet at the same time accepting only a GTO. Which is NOT "any".

A bit like "you can have any colour that you like as long as it is black".

You have my offers:

1) VRR 150, got book, water cooled, ready-to-ride, bunch of new parts, taxed + insured - 10,000 Baht negotiable

2) RXZ 135, got book, air cooled, somewhat ready-to-ride, work required, 5,000 Baht fixed

3) same RXZ but better condition and complete, 100% ready-to-ride, 7,000 Baht fixed

Best regards...

Thanh

ps Thann it looks like it needs a fork seal replacing as well :D

The VRR? That's been done already... forgot to list it. So ad new fork seals left+right = new to it :D

Oh and my name is Thanh - with an "h" in the end :D

Kind regards.....

Thanh

Hi.

Sorry to confuse you. Said GTO does NOT exist. I was just exaggerating your wish to buy "any air-cooled two-stroke that's ready to ride" yet at the same time accepting only a GTO. Which is NOT "any".

A bit like "you can have any colour that you like as long as it is black".

You have my offers:

1) VRR 150, got book, water cooled, ready-to-ride, bunch of new parts, taxed + insured - 10,000 Baht negotiable

2) RXZ 135, got book, air cooled, somewhat ready-to-ride, work required, 5,000 Baht fixed

3) same RXZ but better condition and complete, 100% ready-to-ride, 7,000 Baht fixed

Best regards...

Thanh

Thanh you have been so helpfull & I do really appreciate it, but Im going to stay with the temporary fix of a GTO as I know Im totally comfortable with the riding position ( sat on one recently ) & 5 speed box etc, so if you do come across one theres a finders fee & perhaps if it needs it I could pay you to sort out any problems for me before I get it ?

Sincere thanks Thanh.

Bros