Tiger Boxer

jdinasia

I belief I understand the mix-up, my g/f also asked about the TT150 and the Tiger Retro, and I now see that Bros talks also about the 110cc, which is indeed a very close engine design to a Honda design.

Still I have still need to get conformation that Tiger is using the Tiger 150cc Bulldog/Boxer engine in the TT150...

Hi Richard,

the e-mail that I rec from the factory did clearly say the TT 150 engine was based on the cg 110, Im guessing that its either bored or stroked or both, who knows.

I had no other info other than Tiger could & would whilst assembling this engine if requested move the power up or down the rev range to suit a customers requirements,

they did not say how but theres not many options is there ?

so I have to assume thats achieved by playing with the camshaft timing or maybe a different grind of cam, who knows.

I believe it was Charlie told me he has tried a bike from factory with this 150 cc unit & said its got plenty of power & torque

Bros.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I have no idea about the Tiger TT150 engine, I always had the idea that Tiger used a engine also used for the 150cc export models.

Again to my personal experience, and as I showed you engine designs of the Tiger engine I know a few and touched a few parts.

Tiger has some very capable people working for them, but I not see them redesigning, or licensing a engine for which they themselves have a very capable answer.

Therefore I still have the idea, that the Tiger TT150 is equipped with the same engine as the Tiger two other 150cc Tiger motorcycles which they mainly export...

Hi Tony,

Last week i rode with a 150 cc Bulldog to Mea Sot and back in one single day 816 km .The 150 cc is indeed also torquey and powerful.The Bulldog is a beast of burden. and build to carry heave loads hence the double rear absorbers.it was a bit a hard ride and the gear were very short same as a truck.

In the mountains around Mea Sot hte bulldog never went under 75 km/h which is surprisingly high. i was surprised. The 150 cc Bulldog isnt a lazy bike .

If tiger would put a another gearbox with longer gears under the engine it would easily withstand any other 150 cc brand bike. Adn i say EASILY

Charlie

• 3 weeks later...

20000 km off the beaten track with my Tiger boxer 250 Rs

Dear (future) Tiger friends ,

I received my tiger girl on the 27th December 2008 ,I still remember that I told Pariya the sales from Tiger if I can reach the first milestone of 20000 km without any problems and hassle I will call this a qlty bike . Pariya stood firm and never doubted about it . nearly 6 months later I only can confirm this

After nearly 6 months my baby tiger girl is fully grown by now. I still love her roaring every morning while i mount her. one touch on the bottom and my Tiger start to roar. ever and always,she never fails to open her mouth.

My tiger boxer 250 Rs is a real marathon bike , i can cover distances up to 850 km a day without being to tired .The cruising speed i maintain is always around 105 - 110 km/h Gps speed . The engine does it with great ease,the average fuel consumption is around 3,5 l / 100 km.

The only modifications i made are . and i really recommend it to all boxer users is to change the sprocket to a 34 sprocket . The engine is so torquey that it is no problem at all to go to a 34 . The engine is going a lot smoother at higher speeds.

I placed a 120/80 dunlop arrowmax Gt 501 on my rear wheel . the stability remains great at all speeds .

Many bikers had ridden my bike now, and anyone was surprised that the bike is still looking and riding as new even after 20000km. It still looks the same. The body parts and paint are real good qlty .

The tiger is a simple solid bike without whistles and bells .The technology is nothing special but very reliable.The engine really rides great on E20 fuel.

It is really woth to spend your money on a Tiger boxer 250 Rs you wont regret it .

LAST BUT NOT LEAST: I LIKE ITS IMPRESSIVE ROARING

Charlie

• 2 weeks later...

AMAZED BY TIGER AGAIN

Last Thursday i went to Tiger for my very first big service stop after 22000 km . The service i ve done so far on my bike every 3500- 4000 km was an oil change motul 15 w 50 ( 235 baht/l) .

when I arrived at tiger pahol yothin main service point the mechanic started instantly on my bike . Every detail i asked was carefullu done

battery tire pressure oil change chain etc . The mechanic knew already what to cos i mailed Tiger a few days befroe what to do.

after 1,5 hrs works i received my deadly bill

2 new front wheel bearings 140 bht wear part

oil filter 56 bht wear part

oil change was done at 20000 km

labour cost 0 baht

TOTAL DAMAGE 206 BAHT

I couldnt believe what i ve heard and i was too embarrassed to ask why they needed the six baht how cheap can a bike be

Next week im tigering to laos Vientiane anyone interested to join

Charlie

• 3 weeks later...
AMAZED BY TIGER AGAIN

Last Thursday i went to Tiger for my very first big service stop after 22000 km . The service i ve done so far on my bike every 3500- 4000 km was an oil change motul 15 w 50 ( 235 baht/l) .

when I arrived at tiger pahol yothin main service point the mechanic started instantly on my bike . Every detail i asked was carefullu done

battery tire pressure oil change chain etc . The mechanic knew already what to cos i mailed Tiger a few days befroe what to do.

labour cost 0 baht

TOTAL DAMAGE 206 BAHT

I couldnt believe what i ve heard and i was too embarrassed to ask why they needed the six baht how cheap can a bike be

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

I recently had the 250RS out for a demo for about a week. I wanted to ask you if you have had any issues with the gearbox, hard shifting, sticking gears, hard to find neutral? The one I was riding seemed to have some issue with less than 4000 km on it. I would think that you would know by now at 22k if it was a common problem.

Otherwise, glad to hear everything else seems to be going pretty smoothly. I am thinking it won't be to far in the future that I will also end up on a new Tiger.

Regards,

John

AMAZED BY TIGER AGAIN

labour cost 0 baht

TOTAL DAMAGE 206 BAHT

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

I recently had the 250RS out for a demo for about a week. I wanted to ask you if you have had any issues with the gearbox, hard shifting, sticking gears, hard to find neutral? The one I was riding seemed to have some issue with less than 4000 km on it. I would think that you would know by now at 22k if it was a common problem.

Otherwise, glad to hear everything else seems to be going pretty smoothly. I am thinking it won't be to far in the future that I will also end up on a new Tiger.

Regards,

John

Hi John,

I got on my tiger boxer 250 rs now almost 4000 km . The Gearbox is no problem really and for the neutral , this is no problem really too, but i had it for a short time too because the clutch cable needs to be adjusted correctly.

In general the gearbox does it's job well...but to my view it needs

A ) a 6th gear and

B ) a more precise handling. That is not to say it is bad at all ' but merely my personal taste.

I know charlies bike is doing fine after the 22000km and his gearbox is performing very well and without complications too.

I can't really find anything bad on the Boxer....no matter how hard i try to find.

My advise :When you buy the boxer ,add some Dunlop tubeless tires - it gives a better ride. I will mount my new & wider handlebar this week as this also gives better comfort.

hope that helps,

mbox

Edited by mbox

• 4 weeks later...

Hi John,

Sry for my late reply.

first : I still don't understand why Tiger still hands out this demonstrator this was a first genration boxer 250 Rs many things has been improved by now.

New saddle.

2nd generation brakes.

The gearbox is improved already.

fairing brackets are changed already ( b4 the fairing on the demonstrator was rattling like hel_l )

digital speedo should become standard by now.

better brackets on the exhaust

So many things are changed by now i,f you should go for a boxer. The machine will really satisfy you. Mine has 25000km without any issues some very minor ones but Tiger solved them all for free.

Chalie

• 2 months later...
Boys, don´t forget this page, here are the very most Tiger-infos.

Hi ...thanks for bringing this thread forward again....sure a lot of info in this thread but there are a few other threads about the tigers too....

mbox

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok, had a CBR 150, and for the most part, I loved it. Only 2 real issues with it. 1 - Headlight totally SUCKS at night! 2 - Once you hit 110 kph, the wind becomes a major factor. More than once I felt like I was going to be blown sideways, or completely off the bike. So I sold it and am now looking for something more stable on the highways. Love the looks of the Ninja 250, and found a place I can rent a used one, which I'm going to do next week for a couple of days to see how it handles. Just not crazy about the price of nearly 150,000 baht.

Today I stopped at a dealer here in C.M. that handles the Boxer. They had a blue 250 that someone had ordered and was coming to pick up today. 78,000 Baht. I like the looks of the bike, but size wise it's only marginally bigger than the CBR and I'm wondering about road stability at speeds of 110 and up on the highways, as over the next few months I plan to do some serious driving around Thailand - Chiang Rai - Non Bua Lamphu - Nong Khai - Udon Thani - Ubon - BKK and back.

I would appreciate any feedback from those who have the 250 as to what their experiences are with the 250 on the highway. Either reply here or send me a PM.

Thanks.

Ok, had a CBR 150, and for the most part, I loved it. Only 2 real issues with it. 1 - Headlight totally SUCKS at night! 2 - Once you hit 110 kph, the wind becomes a major factor. More than once I felt like I was going to be blown sideways, or completely off the bike. So I sold it and am now looking for something more stable on the highways. Love the looks of the Ninja 250, and found a place I can rent a used one, which I'm going to do next week for a couple of days to see how it handles. Just not crazy about the price of nearly 150,000 baht.

Today I stopped at a dealer here in C.M. that handles the Boxer. They had a blue 250 that someone had ordered and was coming to pick up today. 78,000 Baht. I like the looks of the bike, but size wise it's only marginally bigger than the CBR and I'm wondering about road stability at speeds of 110 and up on the highways, as over the next few months I plan to do some serious driving around Thailand - Chiang Rai - Non Bua Lamphu - Nong Khai - Udon Thani - Ubon - BKK and back.

I would appreciate any feedback from those who have the 250 as to what their experiences are with the 250 on the highway. Either reply here or send me a PM.

Thanks.

Hi i Pm'd you,

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox