Options For Submitting A Tm8 Form For Re Entry

I'm leaving the Kingdom for a few weeks soon and of course I have to submit a TM8 form and pay 1,000 baht for my return. Do I have to submit my form at Soi Suan Plu immigration office or do I have other options. I live in outer east Bangkok and if I could submit my TM* form to the immigration office at Suvarnabhumi a few days before I left it would be most convenient for me instead of that dreaded trip into Bangkok during the day.

You can get a re-entry permit at the airport :o

You must have already checked in (so be early), the desk is in front of the immigration counters. You will need photographs as there don't appear to be photo facilities at the airport.

You can get a re-entry permit at the airport :o

You must have already checked in (so be early), the desk is in front of the immigration counters. You will need photographs as there don't appear to be photo facilities at the airport.

I have done it at the airport a couple of times. You can download the form from their website, and fill it out "online" (dont remember it it was a PDF or MS Word doc). A few months back, I forgot to bring photo, officer was of course not very "helpful" - and said there were no places to get photos at the airport. I was flying Firstclass on TG (nice efficient checkin / immigration) - and the Immigration officer there (First/Business) said I could get photos at the "Tourist Police Office" downstairs. And right he was! - I went downstairs and got 4 or 8 photos for 150 baht. (Looks like it is a "extra-service" they are offering, and if I remember right, they immediately said "no receipt possible" :D

Back to the "Re-entry desk" and the officer did not comment when I said I got the photos from the Tourist Police Office 200 meters away.....

Well... Thailand....

• 9 months later...

Has anyone applied for the TM.8 in the past few months at Suvarnabhumi? If so about how long was the process, (waiting time) assuming you had filled out the application, had the required documents and 4 cm by 6 cm photo? Thank you very much.

Has anyone applied for the TM.8 in the past few months at Suvarnabhumi? If so about how long was the process, (waiting time) assuming you had filled out the application, had the required documents and 4 cm by 6 cm photo? Thank you very much.

Reports I have seen said it varies from 15 to 30 minutes dependent on how busy they are. You will just need to allow for the extra time before your boarding time.

I'm leaving the Kingdom for a few weeks soon and of course I have to submit a TM8 form and pay 1,000 baht for my return. Do I have to submit my form at Soi Suan Plu immigration office or do I have other options. I live in outer east Bangkok and if I could submit my TM* form to the immigration office at Suvarnabhumi a few days before I left it would be most convenient for me instead of that dreaded trip into Bangkok during the day.

Might be an option to obtain the Re-Entry permit ahead of time from the Swampyboom Immigration office, the one that moved from the Novotel. Note, this is NOT the office inside the departure area of the airport. Below from an earlier TV posting.

Mac

Swampyboom, Immigration, June 2008

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=191783

OK, called them up and went there. They DO do all tourist visa extensions. So much for the 24 hour call centre!

Its the same people who worked at the Novotel. Nice, friendly, chatty bunch. No queues, all smiles. They said their workload hasn't changed much. I guess it was too expensive at Novotel.

Getting there is a bit tricky. It's about 15 km from the main airport complex. One way is to go to the airport bus station and take a taxi (I guess around 60 baht). You need to go to the ASM building near the Bangkok airways building. The taxi driver I went with did not know this place.

If you are driving, there is a junction at the bus station with one road running from the airport to On Nuch. Don't take this road, but, if you were travelling from the airport to On Nuch, then you would turn right at that junction (the bus station would be on your left). Carry on down the road, passing the long term car parks on your right. Further on you will see a bridge, take the turning on the left before the bridge and drive under the bridge. You should see a big 'Bangkok Airways' building on your left. Turn right toward the guards in the small hut. Follow the signs for 'Visa extension services' and AMS. Its a small, single storey, white complex.

Alternatively, from the opposite direction, travelling along the Bang-na trad Rd, go to Kerk University, passing it on your right. The Bangkok Airways building will be on your left as you go over the bridge. I don't know the exact way around there, but you can probably pull a U turn if it's not too busy.

It may be difficult to get a taxi from that visa place as it is off the road, so it might be an idea to ask the taxi driver to wait for half an hour or so. We were lucky and got a lift with the staff who were going to the airport. Great people.

Well, it was worth the effort in the end.

Next time you make the visa extension (TM7) just make the re-entry (TM8) too.

It is only 1000 baht ( one re-entry) and in case of leaving the country you are covered.

I did the same already 4 times and I only used it once,but it gives me a safe feeling (in case of e.g. emergency)

Next time you make the visa extension (TM7) just make the re-entry (TM8) too.

It is only 1000 baht ( one re-entry) and in case of leaving the country you are covered.

I did the same already 4 times and I only used it once,but it gives me a safe feeling (in case of e.g. emergency)

Good advice I always get my re entry on the f :o irst 90 day reporting.When I get my extension I don't have the patience to do both.