Married Visa Expires, No Money.

I have a married Visa which expires next month. The last 10 years I keep the 400.000 bhat in the bank,

today I don’t have the money .(400,000 bhat )

I want to do the visa Extension. in thailand !!

My wife (thai) make about 600.000 bhat a year, pay tax.

I am 52 y.o not working and not any income.

any advice :o:D

Thanks.

I think the 400,000 issue has been changed to monthly income - and it can be combined monthly income too. So in other words, they take into account your wife's income. You should be okay on this. But search the other threads..there's lots on this issue. I forget how much, but I think it's 40,000 per month or thereabouts.

Good luck.

TG2

I have a married Visa which expires next month. The last 10 years I keep the 400.000 bhat in the bank,

Thanks.

She can show her income which more than covers the 40,000 baht/month required for your annual extension. Not a problem.

Best not to annoy the wife ... She is now your ticket to a visa :o

Naka.

Yes, 40,000 baht per month going into you and/or your wife's bank account will be sufficient. Amount remaining in the account at the end of the month is irrelevant.

I was told different by someone in the business that I trust.

He/She was wrong.

You need records of Tax payments on 40,000 Baht a month.

Hi All,

I was contemplating changing from a retirement visa to a Marriage visa at the end of the year but I have a question I would like answered before I make the move.

Question is: - Say the rules were changed regard to the retirement lump sum /monthly pension requirement, will we be ‘Grandfathered’ the same as those who already have a Marriage visa??

I have never seen a mention of this and would appreciate if someone out there knows anything regard to this.

Wee Jimmy.

• 2 weeks later...
But as already ststed, using the 400k option will be lose if not utilised this year and thus if the wife fails to make 480k a year, his visa is out of the window.

Better to borrow the 400k or whatever you are short from a friend me thinks.

I think a more serious issue is being 52 years old without even 400,000 Baht to your name and no income.

Are you planning for your wife to support you for ever, or just the next 13 years until the tax payers in your home country are expected to allow you to continue to live without working?

But as already ststed, using the 400k option will be lose if not utilised this year and thus if the wife fails to make 480k a year, his visa is out of the window.

Better to borrow the 400k or whatever you are short from a friend me thinks.

I think a more serious issue is being 52 years old without even 400,000 Baht to your name and no income.

Are you planning for your wife to support you for ever, or just the next 13 years until the tax payers in your home country are expected to allow you to continue to live without working?

Ouch ! :o

Naka.

Come on he might have a million pound house in the UK he's trying to sell. Could have had his pension nicked by a company closure. Could be waiting for a pension at 55. If someone trusts him for a short while with some cash then that is his best option.

Thanks.

Does the OP have any legal children in Thailand with his Thai wife?

If so as he is older than 50 there is a possibility of an extenion for "living with your Thai child" which requires no proof of income.

I went that route this year and others have done so also, however to my knowledge it is only done at Suan Phlu, but I have been wrong before.

You can PM me for information but I believe all the details are pinned on the Thai Visas thread.

Come on he might have a million pound house in the UK he's trying to sell. Could have had his pension nicked by a company closure. Could be waiting for a pension at 55. If someone trusts him for a short while with some cash then that is his best option.

i have just hous in bangkok, arund 20 MIL. bhat, on my wife name (after she pay the lone to the bank 8 MIL more ) :D 3 cars on my name :o