Bike Rack For L200

Richb2004v2

Has anyone any idea where I might get a bike rack for my Mitsubishi L200? It has a spare wheel on the back so no chance of putting it there. It has an enclosed carry boy thing on the back which does not detach. It has a small roof rack type thing on the top which can be removed. At the moment I am putting both the mountain bikes in the back which is not ideal. I doubt that there is actually anything available but I thought that it’s worth asking.

Thanks

Have you tried any local bike shops in Rayong or Pattaya area. I am not sure if rayong has any but Pattaya does & they would be able to point you in the right direction especially if you bring in your Thai girl to ask them - unless your Thai speaking is fluent. The other way to go is take your bikes in your car & have a steel fabricator make you a rack. Must be a few in your area.

They are pretty crafty & it would probably be cheaper than an import. In fact they could probably use your existing small rack & you would avoid rust issues as well.

Good luck

Beardog

Edited by Beardog

They sell them at the 4*4 shop in Pattaya.

i was there a few days ago and i saw the roofrack models.

They had a Thule and 2 or 3 different ones.

The Shop is between the Mac Donalds on Sukhumvit and the Nua intersection.

Good service and fair pricing. No special Farang price :o

Many of the accessory shops on Sukumvit stock Thule roof racks imported from Sweden. These offer a range of compatible adaptions for bikes and are of superb quality.........make sure you are sitting down when they tell you the price though.

oh yes...shop around too the prices vary enormously.

• 3 years later...

I designed this for my Fortuna using blue water pipe as a master then had it made at a stainless steel place..

cost around 3500B.

the bike arms are hinged and it worked perfectly on a recent run to Khao Yai with three bikes on board

just added a red led light and a red rag to the end of the arm for safety

next version will have shorter arms.....

post-56881-0-86498900-1305861507_thumb.j

post-56881-0-03558300-1305861545_thumb.j

post-56881-0-95591900-1305861649_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...