Turned Down

g/f of 6 yrs just got the passport back yesterday (no visa) no reason for visa rejection

thought i had all the documents bank statements (6 months ) letter of introduction stating that i would pay all costs while she was visiting u/k letter from my employer stating lenght of service (10 years)

copy of all my visas to and from thailand for the past 6 years, proof of visits to kenya / tanzania / by my g/f to visit me at work.

original documents for her lands and houses.

photographic evidence of our time together

reason for going to u/k was/is for my daughters 18th birthday in june (only wanted to go for 8 days) i work 10 weeks on 4 weeks of all my leave is spent in thailand, we even have a house in pattaya in my girlfriends name.

i dont know but being not normally resident in the u/k since 1993 would this have any bearing on her visa rejection.

what can i say she's gutted

Dave,

This all sounds very strange. If the visa has been refused, your g/f must be given a notice explaining the reasons why. Indeed, if you have been living together for two or more years, she should also get the right of appeal. That you have not lived in the UK for 15 years has no bearing on the consideration of the application.

I'd send the embassy an e-mail ([email protected]) asking:-

1. If the application has been approved, why isn't there a visa in the passport?;

2. If it has been refused why she hasn't been given a refusal notice?; and

3. If the embassy has no record of an application having been made, why hasn't the application centre passed it on?

I'd then back this up with a phone call on Tuesday.

From the circumstances you have described, I see no reason why your girlfriend's application should be refused, especially as you've been together for six years, so if it has been, don't just meekly accept it, but fire off representations to the embassy.

Scouse.

Dave,

This all sounds very strange. If the visa has been refused, your g/f must be given a notice explaining the reasons why. Indeed, if you have been living together for two or more years, she should also get the right of appeal. That you have not lived in the UK for 15 years has no bearing on the consideration of the application.

1. If the application has been approved, why isn't there a visa in the passport?;

3. If the embassy has no record of an application having been made, why hasn't the application centre passed it on?

From the circumstances you have described, I see no reason why your girlfriend's application should be refused, especially as you've been together for six years, so if it has been, don't just meekly accept it, but fire off representations to the embassy.

Scouse.

thanks scouse.

just been talking to the g/f not to easy as i'm in mali at the moment and she's up in the village outside nong khai (bad reception) seems they required reason to return to thailand <deleted> is that. she has houses land and 2 sons 17/19 she says they needed birth certificates for both the son's is this normal.

have tried your web site but it doesnt list services available, if i have to use a visa agency i will, could you pm me with details of costs etc and any other information that would be required to secure her visa.

• 3 weeks later...
Dave,

Scouse.

tit update

only in thailand could this happen had all the documents etc etc after loads of calls to and fro to the g/f turns out refusal was based on the fact her passport was out of date (oops am i a richard head or what)

g/f submitted her new passport and all documentation bingo visa four days later.

dont know what all the fuss is about its easy peasy

Dave,

Scouse.

tit update

only in thailand could this happen had all the documents etc etc after loads of calls to and fro to the g/f turns out refusal was based on the fact her passport was out of date (oops am i a richard head or what)

g/f submitted her new passport and all documentation bingo visa four days later.

dont know what all the fuss is about its easy peasy

You'd think this is the kind of thing the embassy outsourced the initial stage of the visa application process for. Surely the visa centre should check this kind of thing.

...well I hope for your girlfriend and you that they can see this was simply an oversight,....but the trouble is they put this down on file sometimes with a "black mark"......my step daughter and I handed the application form I was copying from but I handed that one in and not the app form I was supposed to,..!!caused all sorts of problems and had to go to appeal,....please be careful everyone,.....sometimes it could be advisable for such a BIG moment in your life to give a immigration company like scousers the job,...it can really break someones heart I know .....good luck PattayaDave :o

Edited by dee123

A valid passport is a basic requirement. Did you have to pay twice?

nope she resubmitted the application with both her old and new passports so that they could check all the dates in it

like i said i couldnt understand why she had been turned down though i had double checked everything had everthing bar the preverbial sink to support her application, just goes to show why i should be left to the experts.

A valid passport is a basic requirement. Did you have to pay twice?

nope she resubmitted the application with both her old and new passports so that they could check all the dates in it

like i said i couldnt understand why she had been turned down though i had double checked everything had everthing bar the preverbial sink to support her application, just goes to show why i should be left to the experts.

Sorry, I can't believe you're advocating everyone wasting money by using experts, ie agencies, purely because you made a little mistake by including an out or date passport in the application. Only people who have difficult cases, or have been turned down before should really consider using an agency. As you've already said, she has got the visa, so your application was thorough enough.