Thaksin: Wipe Out Bird Flu Or Face Sack

george

hi'

why not sack the prime minister for his inability to solve problems?

war on this, war on that ...

don't you think that Thai people are tired of all this crap :o

I hope that they do ...

good luck to Thai people ...

francois

Thanks for the real information George. Thats what makes this forum so valuable. This is a very very serious issue and the Keystone cops approach in Thailand is a recipe for disaster. This board is now a source of information that might give us an edge if things break loose. The time between mutation and serious trouble will be under three weeks and you can count on it being misreported in the public press as long as possible. Thailands infrastructure will be unable to deal with the slightest disruption so any opportunity to act will be limited.

There are some experimental anti viral drugs available currently, any medical sages have an opinion on if stocking a few of these might be a good investment?

hi'

ADMIN COMMENT:

The Thai Government is bullshitting or have no communication. I have been on the phone today with a member living in Isaan, and the Puyai Baan (Village Chief) there had no idea about any flu or any check ups or controls.

I also called another member of the forum in Isaan, he double checked with his Village Chief, and same answer:

No idea! No instructions from the Government.

I have been providing you forum members with news about this "Bird flu", and I feel ashamed when checking up the facts! I am spending hours everyday to pick up headlines that I believe have interest to our members and readers.

Utter bullshit from the govt!

/George

thanks for this very accurate comment George :wub:

exactly what I think ...

a lot of blablabla ... and nothing is going on :D

even during the "so called" war on bird flu, first and second outbreak, the family of my wife did see a few "officials" coming from village to village ... and everyone was hiding

fighting roosters ...

what do they expect?

not even searching and did their job properly ... just went to chicken farms ...

most of farmers have chickens, just a few ...

they still have them :D

and now, as we are concerned about this, we called ... as you say, no idea!

what the H#LL is going on?

no one in the village knows a thing about this new war :D

major annoucement, poor doing!

Thai people don't trust their government anymore ...

and for the ones who got their chickens slaughtered ... they did not get a penny out of it ... SHAME! :D

PM is moving a lot of air, and no wind is blowing -_-

he doesn't have a chicken business ... that could be a reason ...

the other side is, he could have the idea to get new ministers right at his feet ...

he's loosing face to the whole world ...

they speak about him out of Thailand ... not in a nice way ... GOOD!

SACK the man, Thailand will fell better :o

francois

• 3 months later...

Certainly NOT by popular demand, but IT'S BACK!!!

Vietnam issues bird flu alert, Thailand has new case

20 January 2005

HANOI: Vietnam told people yesterday not to handle dead chickens following the deaths of five people from the deadly bird flu virus and Thailand said it had its first case in poultry for two months.

20 January 2005 

HANOI: Vietnam told people yesterday not to handle dead chickens following the deaths of five people from the deadly bird flu virus and Thailand said it had its first case in poultry for two months.

What is the source of your quote?

This is BIRD flu, not just chicken flu. I assume it can be carried by wild birds (wild fowl at least) across any border, without any interdiction.

Anti-viral drugs are yet to prove very efficacious, with any virus. This is one of the reasons so much money is spent on fighting AIDS. Once a breakthrough is made there, all viruses can be controlled.

But this new outbreak will in no way affect the result of the upcoming election - we will have more of the same for many years to come.

20 January 2005 

What is the source of your quote?

This is BIRD flu, not just chicken flu. I assume it can be carried by wild birds (wild fowl at least) across any border, without any interdiction.

Anti-viral drugs are yet to prove very efficacious, with any virus. This is one of the reasons so much money is spent on fighting AIDS. Once a breakthrough is made there, all viruses can be controlled.

But this new outbreak will in no way affect the result of the upcoming election - we will have more of the same for many years to come.

That particular quote came from the New Zealand press. "The Nation" further reports:

Bird flu found in Rayong chickens

Published on January 20, 2005

Imports of poultry across Thailand’s eastern border have been banned after the discovery of the bird-flu virus in chickens in Rayong, the Livestock Department said yesterday.

Twenty chickens in Klaeng district were culled, said Ukon Limlaemthong, chief of the department.

“This is considered a new case of the virus, as it has never been found in Rayong before,” he said.

Ukon said he had been told the virus entered the province in chickens smuggled by sea, prompting the department to issue a ban on imports of poultry along the eastern border.

----------------------------------------------------------------

so whether it's infected wild fowl flying in or chicken smuggling as suggested by Khun Ukon, it doesn't seem that Thailand is going to eliminate it any time soon....

and by the way, Thaksin's 30 day deadline for that, has long expired. So now what, Fearless Leader?

Edited by sriracha john

I think this is just FUD used by the govt to cover the fact they are useless.

maybe if they did stop the transportation of live poultry across areas they might stand a chance of controlling it... but when there is money to be made , why let the health of your people stand in the way.

look, its quite obvious that u r all lieing and mis quoting stuff...pls stop it.

toxin said that bird flu would not be in thailand within 30 days several months ago, so its quite obvious that there is no bird flu and also i might add no drugs cos he executed all them lot, so please stop posting these lies...

oh dear, i have just had a pm, it seems toxin was mistaken, well its obviously not his fault and we all hope that the thais vote him into power yet again next month, jees another 4 years of this xenaphobic idiot...

So, since according to a thread just posted Bird Flu is back in Thailand- will all those ministers get the sack now?

There's already been a lotta changes in the line up. :o

That's very true. Khun Newin "can't-stay-out-of-trouble" Chidchob has moved on from his agriculture ministry post, where he was at the forefront of most of the blame for the bird flu scandal. He has gone on to lead an ever more trouble-plagued career involving bribery of opposition candidates in Ranong to offers of vote-buying in Satun. A truly nation-wide plague of a man.... and a prime example of Thai Rak Thai Party.

BRIBERY CHARGE: Newin: offer of cash ‘not serious’

Published on Dec 14, 2004

‘It was just a joke’, says deputy minister Newin of his efforts to persuade Khun Wirat to join The Thai Rak Thai Party. The Party yesterday went into damage control mode following allegations that it had offered a bribe to lure into its ranks a Ranong Democrat MP by deputy minister Newin.

-----------------------------------------------------------

VOTE-BUYING SCANDAL

Published on Jan 20, 2005

In a bid to shield Thai Rak Thai from punishment if he is found guilty, Deputy Minister Newin Chidchob yesterday denied party involvement in his alleged campaign violations on Sunday.

“I alone am responsible for my actions, and the issue has nothing to do with Thai Rak Thai,” he said, noting that he was not a candidate in next month’s general election.

Newin is, however, on the Thai Rak Thai’s list of potential candidates for a ministerial post.

The opposition Democrat Party will file an official complaint today accusing Newin of promising money in exchange for votes from Satun and Phattalung provinces. The Election Commission (EC) has opened an investigation.