To Laos For New Tourist Visa

Hi,

I am plannig a trip to Laos as my Tourist Visa will expire soon. This is my first time. so I had a couple of questions, i hope people here will help me to clear it.

1.How can i go to Laos?

2.How do i get the Laos visa?

3.Can i get a new tourist visa x 2 ?

4.My visa will expire on 1st of April, when is the right time to go there?

5.How many days will it take to get new Tourist visa and to come back to thialand?

6.Are there any travel agents who have some package trips for visa stuff?

sorry for bugging all u guys i know i have asked many things but I am really confused cant help it.

please reply

1. Take a plane, a bus, or a train to either Udon or Nong Khai. It is accross the bridge from Nong Khai and about an hour drive from Udon. You can also fly to Vientiane. Visa is available on arrival and costs about $30-35 depending on nationality.

2. You visit the Royal Thai Embassy (Consulate Section) with your passport/copy and photos and fill out form and pay the fee (in workday morning - pick up next workday afternoon).

3. If you request and pay for 2 they have been available. But if you really are about to start work with a work permit it is not going to able to be used.

4. Your permitted to stay stamp expires on the 1st? I would go Monday the 31st.

5. See 2 above - Thailand is just across the river.

6. Believe there are scheduled runs to Vientiane but you can do yourself and they are not every day. They advertise in Bangkok Post Classified and are frequestly mentioned on the forum if you do a little reading of threads with Vientiane in name.

1. Take a plane, a bus, or a train to either Udon or Nong Khai. It is accross the bridge from Nong Khai and about an hour drive from Udon. You can also fly to Vientiane. Visa is available on arrival and costs about $30-35 depending on nationality.

2. You visit the Royal Thai Embassy (Consulate Section) with your passport/copy and photos and fill out form and pay the fee (in workday morning - pick up next workday afternoon).

3. If you request and pay for 2 they have been available. But if you really are about to start work with a work permit it is not going to able to be used.

4. Your permitted to stay stamp expires on the 1st? I would go Monday the 31st.

5. See 2 above - Thailand is just across the river.

6. Believe there are scheduled runs to Vientiane but you can do yourself and they are not every day. They advertise in Bangkok Post Classified and are frequestly mentioned on the forum if you do a little reading of threads with Vientiane in name.

wow! the information u provided is really useful, thanks a lot mate.

yes my visa will expire on 1st April....so when do u think i should be there???

I'm still surprised that there are still people replying to questions asked a million times before ....

I must applaud lopburi for his patience and helpfulness, even if the same question had been asked a million times :0 In some other forums, the poster would have gotten the stick from some seasoned members.

I like this forum even more.

I'm still surprised that there are still people replying to questions asked a million times before ....

I must applaud lopburi for his patience and helpfulness, even if the same question had been asked a million times :0 In some other forums, the poster would have gotten the stick from some seasoned members.

I like this forum even more.

I strongly second that. There are very few pople who actually talk sense and give good advice. Well done Lopbury. At this time, I am only just an avid reader of the forum . I am not ready for my move to LOS yet. But when I am ready, bet you I will be asking the same questions just to make sure I have the most recent info. I am sure all newbiew will join me in applauding Lop and a few others.