Paying Fiancee's Loan

I'm trying to figure out the easiest way for my fiancee to continue making payments on her student loan. She will be living in the US but she will still need to make payments on her loan. She has an account through KTB. I don't know if it is possible to link my account with hers. Any help would be appreciated.

I think some of these banks offer online bill paying now, not sure about KTB but I think Bangkok Bank does. Anyway, ask about online bill paying then transfer enough money into the account to cover it for awhile, then when it gets low, transfer again.

Most of the larger banks have online banking, it is easy to set up. For Kasikorn it was an extra form when I was opening the account a couple of weeks ago.

If you are transferring money from a bank in Thailand to another bank in Thailand, it can be done at an ATM. That way it is done quickly.

If you will be overseas too, do a transfer into one of the accounts in Thailand and transfer from there, again easy to do once set up. Make sure you are sending enough to make it worth while with the related fees.

I'm trying to figure out the easiest way for my fiancee to continue making payments on her student loan. She will be living in the US but she will still need to make payments on her loan. She has an account through KTB. I don't know if it is possible to link my account with hers. Any help would be appreciated.

When you are married ( with a prenup' ) go for it.

When you are married ( with a prenup' ) go for it.

:o I figured there would be one of these.

Been there, done this.

My solution was to get a loan in the UK and pay it off in one go.

The Thai student loan payment accelerater is pretty horrendous; and there's no mercy from what I hear.

It's far too much faff and expense to be sending money hither and thither and getting relatives involved in delivering large dollops of cash to the payments office IMO; and you can't do international standing orders or direct debits!

I like to keep life simple; for me that meant geting a loan in my own country to pay it off, where you know how the system works, and where you can bob down to the local Armitage Shank to deal with any issues (such as switching from a fixed rate to a variable to squeeze out some extra munnie if in a fix).

...and don't make a habit of it! "Never a borrower or a lender be" as mutha used to say! (Especially not these days with the impending world economic collapse beckoning!)

Oh and to state the bleedin' obvious... do make sure your fiance isn't just using you... get her locked in some how (a photo of her defacing the image of someone excruciatingly important in the Kingdom is probably a pretty effective insurance policy!).

If you can do it all online these days, then that's obviously best... get her out working down at the checkouts to pay it off herself! Equal Rights mean Equal Responsibilities! (She'll respect you more in the long run; and if she dun't, you're well shot of 'er.)