Inssurance For Me And My Girlfriend

rewket

I am moving to phuket with my girlfriend and were looking for medical inssurance.

She is pregnant so i know we will not be covered for the delivery(how much is that anyways?)

But for everything else and me, what is the way to go? how much should i expect to pay?

Wouldnt mind getting a thai number she could call. Im really bad with this kind of stuff

We're both in our low 20's and perfectly healthy, pregnancy is at 4months. She is thai and i am canadian

Thank you

I am moving to phuket with my girlfriend and were looking for medical inssurance.

She is pregnant so i know we will not be covered for the delivery(how much is that anyways?)

But for everything else and me, what is the way to go? how much should i expect to pay?

Wouldnt mind getting a thai number she could call. Im really bad with this kind of stuff

We're both in our low 20's and perfectly healthy, pregnancy is at 4months. She is thai and i am canadian

Thank you

As you are Thai Visa members, please go to the Thai Visa Insurance site and send us your details.

We have Thai speakers who will be happy to talk to your girlfriend.

http://insurance.thaivisa.com/quote-form

Birth packages from about 30/40k in international style hospitals, caesarian about 10k more. Some places have rip off 70k+ packages.

Government hospitals much cheaper.

My investigations into reasonable amounts of life assurance are that Thaialnd is a total joke and the premiums are many many times the amounts you would pay back home.

In UK law, the insurance contract is applicable only on the information available at the time. Thus, an extended vacation to Thailand would not preclude your being resident in Canada (which I suspect has similar laws) and you could get life assurance for yourself and your girlfriend (you have an insurable interest as she is the mother of your baby) far far cheaper with a reputable company compared to the sky high premiums I was quoted here for say Bt20m of cover. If i remember, the premiums were about 13 times as expensive !

Edited by torrenova