Good Hotel On Sukhumvit

gppower

Arriving to BKK in some days. I would like to spend three-four days there before (possibly) moving to other locations.

I think a good area to stay would be Sukhumvit for proximity to entertainment and BTS to reach other venues, like shopping areas and so on.

My budget is around (and preferably not over) 1000 Bahts, if Spa and pool are not included is not a problem. On the other hand, the service should be efficient and room reasonably spacious with queen sized bed. I am also looking at guest-friendly holtels.

So far Majestic Suites seems a good option. I wanted to know if there are some hidden gems, so to speak, in the area that you can recommend.

PS

compared to the recent thread on everybody's favorite hotel in BKK, this add budget information, preferred area and purpose of the visit. This is why I thought I'd start a new thread and it does not mean I did go through the previous one.

Arriving to BKK in some days. I would like to spend three-four days there before (possibly) moving to other locations.

I think a good area to stay would be Sukhumvit for proximity to entertainment and BTS to reach other venues, like shopping areas and so on.

My budget is around (and preferably not over) 1000 Bahts, if Spa and pool are not included is not a problem. On the other hand, the service should be efficient and room reasonably spacious with queen sized bed. I am also looking at guest-friendly holtels.

So far Majestic Suites seems a good option. I wanted to know if there are some hidden gems, so to speak, in the area that you can recommend.

PS

compared to the recent thread on everybody's favorite hotel in BKK, this add budget information, preferred area and purpose of the visit. This is why I thought I'd start a new thread and it does not mean I did go through the previous one.

I was going to suggest Majestic Suites. There are some cheaper places around, but they start getting a bit scummy as you save. Majestic is around 1300 though.

I was going to suggest Majestic Suites. There are some cheaper places around, but they start getting a bit scummy as you save. Majestic is around 1300 though.

Do you think I need to book in advance at this time of the year?

Chic hotel? Le Fenix? or that new one on soi 15.

I think I have located the Chic...any more info/directions on the other two?

Le Fenix is fairly deep in Sukhumvit 11 close to the Bed and Supper Club but around the corner to the left. Friend of mine stayed there for about 1500 baht during high season and seemed satisfied (internet price). Attractively decorated but fairly small rooms.

Do you think I need to book in advance at this time of the year?

It's cheaper to book in advance and it is very popular.

I stayed at Le Fenix. It's ok, but nothing special. Nice looking rook and big flat TV, but bathroom problems and a crap location.

I will be trying out Ever Rich next time, which looks like a newer version of Majestic Suites.