Got Him

tuktukmike

The Thai policeman wanted for the murder of two British backpackers has been caught by jungle freedom fighters.

Sergeant Somchai Wisetsingh was found hiding on the Burmese side of the border.

Wisetsingh 39 fled the town of Kanchanaburi near the bridge over the River Kwai following the double murder of lovers Vanessa Arscott and Adam Lloyd earlier this month.

More than 100 Thai police and soldiers have been hunting for the policeman who stole £10,000 from his wife before disappearing. Much of the money is believed to have been spent by the notorious womaniser on visiting local Prostitutes.

Vanessa 23 from Ashburton Devon and Adam 25, a Torquay travel agent, were shot dead by the rouge officer outside a resturant after a row.

Adam was the first to die after being shot twice in the back.

Wisetsingh then ran over Vanessa in his car and dragged her 200 metres down a road before shooting her three times.

Wisetsinghs captors the KNLA, are a rebel army who have fought for 55 years for the independence of the seven million Karen people.

The elite troops first honed their jungle skills in the second world war fighting with the British against the Japanese.

It is unsure if Wisetsingh will be jailed for the killings as witnesses are reluctant to talk.

No-one in his right mind would give evidence against the police in Thailand ," said one.

Daily Star. Thursday 30th september.

I reported this info yesterday on the first thread and here is the article from a Thai newspaper.

รวบแล้วดต.ฆ่า2ฝรั่งกะเหรี่ยงล็อกตัวได้

กรณีด.ต.สมชาย วิเศษสิงห์ ผบ.หมู่งานสืบสวน สภ.อ.เมืองกาญจนบุรี ที่ก่อคดีสังหารโหดหนุ่ม-สาวนักท่องเที่ยวชาวอังกฤษ 2 ศพ ในตัวเมืองกาญจนบุรี โดย พ.ต.อ.เวศม์ สมบูรณ์ ผกก.สภ.อ.เมืองกาญจนบุรี จัดชุดไล่ล่ามาอย่างต่อเนื่องตั้งแต่วันเกิดเหตุนั้น

มีรายงานว่า เมื่อเวลา 11.00 น. วันที่ 28 ก.ย. พ.ต.ท.ไพฑูรย์ สายทอง สว.สส. สภ.อ.เมืองกาญจนบุรี และ พ.ต.ต.เวช พิสูตร สว.สส.ภ.จ.กาญจนบุรี นำกำลัง เจ้าหน้าที่ตำรวจประมาณ 20 นาย เดินทางเข้าพื้นที่ อ.สังขละบุรี จ.กาญจนบุรี เนื่องจากมีรายงานจากชุดสืบสวนที่ลงไปหาข่าวตามแนวตะเข็บชายแดนไทย-พม่า ด้าน อ.สังขละบุรี ว่า พบความเคลื่อนไหวของ ด.ต.สมชายในบริเวณดังกล่าว ขณะเดียวกันมีรายงานเข้ามาว่ากองกำลังทหารกะเหรี่ยง ดี.เค.บี.เอ. อยู่ในเขตติดต่อชายแดนไทย-พม่า ได้ควบคุมตัวชายไทยผู้ต้องสงสัยรายหนึ่ง ซึ่งจากการตรวจสอบรูปพรรณลักษณะคล้ายกับ ด.ต.สมชาย ผู้ต้องหาคือผิวดำ ตาโต และไว้ผมหยักศก เบื้องต้นได้สอบถามชายคนดังกล่าว ปรากฏว่าไม่สามารถบอกถึงสาเหตุ การเดินทางเข้าไปบริเวณ ตามตะเข็บแนวชายแดนในครั้งนี้ เชื่อว่าน่าจะเป็น ด.ต.สมชาย ตำรวจจึงนำกำลังเข้าไปประสานกองกำลังทหารกะเหรี่ยงเพื่อตรวจสอบข้อเท็จจริง เกี่ยวกับการจับกุมผู้ต้องสงสัยรายดังกล่าว

นอกจากนี้ มีรายงานว่า ทางชุดสืบสวนได้แกะรอยเส้นทางการหลบหนีของ ด.ต.สมชาย คาดว่าน่าจะใช้ เส้นทางที่เรียกกันติดปากว่า บ่อญี่ปุ่น ประเทศพม่า ตรงข้ามหมู่ 8 ต.หนองลู อ.สังขละบุรี จ.กาญจนบุรี ซึ่งเป็นเส้นทางที่คนร้ายมักใช้เป็นทางเข้าออกมาก่อคดีอุกฉกรรจ์ ต่างๆ เป็นเส้นทางหลบหนีโดยฝ่ายไทยไม่สามารถดำเนินการใดๆได้เนื่องจากเป็นพื้นที่ ที่อยู่ในความคุ้มครองของกองกำลังทหารกะเหรี่ยง ซึ่งข้อมูลนี้ถูกปิดมาหลายวัน จนกระทั่งมีรายงานลับว่า กองกำลังทหารกะเหรี่ยงได้จับกุมผู้ต้องสงสัยเป็น ด.ต.สมชาย ได้ ตำรวจจึงเดินทาง เข้าไปประสานขอดูตัวผู้ต้องสงสัยรายนี้ คาดว่าจะทราบในเร็วๆนี้ว่าผู้ต้องสงสัยรายนี้จะเป็น ด.ต.สมชาย ผู้ต้องหาคนสำคัญที่ตำรวจกำลังต้องการตัวหรือไม่

There have been more deaths though...

News

THAILAND MURDERS Sep 20 2004

TWO foreigners have been found executed in Thailand.

The bodies of a man and a woman were discovered in Khao Yai national park.

They had been dead for up to three weeks.

Police could not identify the victims who were found face down on a jungle track.

The man had a bullet wound in the back of his head. The woman had been shot in the back.

how did "jungle freedom fighters" know who he was?  do they get BBC world?

anyway, maybe they could just oversee an "accident" or "suicide" and justice would be served.

As long as we can still see the face on the corpse.... we don't want any 'mistakes' do we? :o

tuktukmike, is that quote from The Daily Star in England? If so, I used to work for Express Newspapers and would not regard the paper as exactly reliable.

Having quickly scanned today's Guardian - a very reliable broadsheet - I see no mention of this.

I hope The Star has got it right.

quote from The Daily Star in England? If so, I used to work for Express Newspapers and would not regard the paper as exactly reliable.

If you needed to buy a replacement toilet roll you could not do much worse than buy the "star"unfortunately.I would not advise it however since its already full if not overflowing with the "stuff".

Say unfortunately however since it would have been great news if and still may be the little guys of the KLA actually catch the sod if nothing more so as to provide Mr T with a face saving "faite compleit"

Might also even do something to improve relations between the TG and the Karens and even one day encourage them to give their full support to them in a future new and democratic Burma.

Again like the substance of the "Star" unlikely,but as somebody once said... thats for another story and another time....

Would be happy to eat my words :o

The Thai policeman wanted for the murder of two British backpackers has been caught by jungle freedom fighters. Sergeant Somchai Wisetsingh was found hiding on the Burmese side of the border.......

So where did you get this from tuktukmike? You will tell us, won't you?

Seem to remember that was the other p.o.c... "the Sun".

They were always on about Elvis P.working in a hamburger joint and Freddie Star eating some kids hamster. :o

Highest selling newspaper in the UK which i suppose is fully reflective of the ideas, principals and aspirations of a large percentage of the British population :D:D