Recommendation Automatic Car Dealer

wileycoyote

Can anyone please recommend a good car dealer for an Automatic 2 door hatchback saloon car,in Mae Chan,Chiang Saen of Chiang Rai.

Any tips on the type we should be looking for ,also helpful

Hopefully

:o Wiley Coyote

The only 2 door hatch I know of in Thailand is the old baby Daihatsu in any numbers......There are a few, not sure about up there in the North... Peugeot 205, VW Golf, Opal Corsa..... No idea why but the odd few of these 3door hatch about are from about 1994 - 1996 and are in both manual and automatic

The 4 door and hatch started in Thailand in large numbers from 2004 = Honda Jazz, followed by Toyota Yaris, followed by Nissan Tida....

Depends what you want ? what about a 2 door small estate ? = Nissan NV these were in Thailand from 1994, Loads about, not sure about automatic, as the only automatic ones I have seen are from 1999 onwards, friend has a 2005 one says it great.

Dear Ignis,

What would you recommend for a sall automatic saloon ,any make that is available in the North ?

Tks

:o Wiley Coyote

Not an exact fit, but Toyota RAV4's came out in '96 so there could be fair resale market. It's a pretty good "car" for Chiang Rai.

Edited by klikster

I agree a Rav 4 is a very good 4x4, but as it has always been an inport the price is silly money more than double the price of say a Honda CRV, both new and second hand......... If you can find one even a 1996 Rav 4 is around the price of a Brand New Honda Jazz !!!

The question is on buying a car........ what Price? type [this we know] do I fit/feel comfitable in it.... Myself at 6'3 tall and 130 kg, many car I simply do not fit, I spend weeks testing different cars, the only car that fitted everything I wanted was a Honda Jazz CVT/Automatic.

The other point in Big Cities cars are cheaper, maybe when you found the type you want it would be cheaper to go to BKK where there are 1,000's of 2nd hand for sale + most are automatics

Have a look at this web site.......... shows all the Tent Dealers around Bangkok, this will give you any idea of what is for sale and the price, it is in English.

http://www.thaicar.com/en_index.asp

The other point in Big Cities cars are cheaper, maybe when you found the type you want it would be cheaper to go to BKK where there are 1,000's of 2nd hand for sale + most are automatics

Do some research, automatics use a lot more fuel. The reason there is a lot for sale is the cost of fuel. Up to you. :o

Do some research, automatics use a lot more fuel. The reason there is a lot for sale is the cost of fuel. Up to you. :o

Yes some automatic uses a little more fuel, but not on all cars and this also depends on your driving......... the 7 speed automatic [read test reports], uses less than a same size engine 5 speed manual

To save fuel = drive slower, accelerate lightly...NO NOT use air con.... DO NOT open windows.... Do NOT have a roof rack

"The reason there is a lot for sale is the cost of fuel." NO it is because most have bought a new car... There selling 1,000's of cars now 26th March - 6 April at the BKK Moto Show, most of these sales will be to people that are updating there present car.