Istudio (apple) In Chaweng : Don't Go There!

Hi,

rencently, my compaq laptop was sent to repair, so I deceided to buy a macbook, for replacement...

I went to IStudio in Chaweng, as it's a qualified apple dealer. They had only one macbook, the demo one, for sell.

They agreed on a 5% discount as it was a demo computer, and it was all dirty. Then they said I had to ay 5% extra if I paid by credit card. Ok.

The total price for a 2.1GHz MacBook (with OS X tiger, witch is an old OS) was 57,000 THB.

I didnt want to buy it straight away, I wanted to check if the price was right first. So I called Laurent, from Samui Vision, the guy who sent my compaq to reair, and asked him to give me a quote for the same macbook, at a shop in Bangkok.

For the same config, with OS X leopard (the newest OS), I paid only 40,900 THB! That's 16,000 THB cheaper than what they asked for at iStudio Chaweng!!

The best thing is : I placed an order with Laurent at Samui Vision on Wednsday, and I received the macbook the very next in the afternoon. It had been sent by air cargo, and took only a few hours to get delivered. The delivery fee was 500THB only.

I still can't beleive an apple authorised dealer tried to rip me off like this.

Anyway, thanks Laurent. If you need to buy a new computer, you should just ask him, he's really nice and reliable.

I wont go to iStudio again.

I bought a 4GB memory stick in Malaysia for 650 baht. I saw the exact same one here at SEC Computer shop yesterday for 1750 baht. That's a big difference.

they seem like the lazyest bunch of people i have ever meet.

i asked them for an fm transmitter. the lady on the computer playing games. told me that they did not have them in stocl. have to order from bangkok.

so i asked when they are going to order some. they answered ."i i don;t know"

so i asked themif i could order one . they said " no"

then i asked when they are going to get some in guess what they did not know., i think she knew alot about her computer game or she has too much money and doesn;t need customers. very funny people

Hi,

rencently, my compaq laptop was sent to repair, so I deceided to buy a macbook, for replacement...

I went to IStudio in Chaweng, as it's a qualified apple dealer. They had only one macbook, the demo one, for sell.

They agreed on a 5% discount as it was a demo computer, and it was all dirty. Then they said I had to ay 5% extra if I paid by credit card. Ok.

The total price for a 2.1GHz MacBook (with OS X tiger, witch is an old OS) was 57,000 THB.

I didnt want to buy it straight away, I wanted to check if the price was right first. So I called Laurent, from Samui Vision, the guy who sent my compaq to reair, and asked him to give me a quote for the same macbook, at a shop in Bangkok.

For the same config, with OS X leopard (the newest OS), I paid only 40,900 THB! That's 16,000 THB cheaper than what they asked for at iStudio Chaweng!!

The best thing is : I placed an order with Laurent at Samui Vision on Wednsday, and I received the macbook the very next in the afternoon. It had been sent by air cargo, and took only a few hours to get delivered. The delivery fee was 500THB only.

I still can't beleive an apple authorised dealer tried to rip me off like this.

Anyway, thanks Laurent. If you need to buy a new computer, you should just ask him, he's really nice and reliable.

I wont go to iStudio again.

They tried the same BS with me when I tried to buy an iPod. They had old models in stock that were for sale for 50% more than the newer model with more storage. I asked why they didn't discount them to clear out stock, they said, "old model better". Then when I decided to buy a new one, they tried the 5% scam on me for paying with a card (debit card, not credit card). I told them that it was not a credit card, the money went from the bank into their account and there was no charge to them. They looked at me as if I were crazy, so I walked out. This from vendors of tech products? lol

Well, I don't know if they are really authorized dealers, but I think so... anyway the shop looks really serious (until you talk to someone inside)... I used to go to a shop of the same branch, in Bangkok (inside Emporium, on Sukhumvit 39), never had a problem...

Anyway, yes it would be a good idea to report about them to the mother ship

• 3 years later...

Are they really an authorized Apple dealer? Perhaps someone should let Apple in Bangkok know....

heck with the BAngkok people.

Why not let Apple, Cupertino know?

I hate crappy customer service and I believe Apple does as well.

Apple reps in thailand have zero excuse to give shoddy service.

Are we talking Ibeat store in Tesco Mall Chawang? not seen Istudio ? .... (or maybe I'm having a senior moment..??? .rolleyes.gif )

They are all tied together under the BananaIT banner, if you check web site, and yes they are official Authorized Apple Dealers.

How much was the same model at Mac's Web site? Compare Apples with Apples biggrin.png

... that works well for ordering and delivery, too.