New Non Imm O From Kl

From what i can gather from the forum and a visa agent its difficult to get a multi entry (1 year) o visa locally (Malaysia, Singapore) but no problem to get a 90 day single entry o visa, is that right?

I plan to head to KL.

1. I assume a 90 day single entry o visa is pretty straightforward in KL? Just take the marriage cert right?

2. How many days should I allow?

Feel free to recommend any bars.....

After the 90 days are up I assume I can just get another one or get the 60 day extension from immigration?

Thanks in advance for any info.

You can easily obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa from Singapore with marriage certificate, copy of wife ID card and proof of 400k in a bank account somewhere within last 30 days. Documents should be signed/dated by wife. Penang seems to issue with same paperwork if money is in a Thai account, and in some cases without the full amount. KL has issued without financial proof but no recent reports and it was not always.

Yes you can normally obtain single entry but all with want marriage and ID card proof now. You submit in morning and pick up next workday noon or afternoon in almost all cases.

Believe the 60 day extension is designed to be one time only but if you have not used you should be able to obtain.

lopburi thanks for the quick reply and good news.

It seems I can get it from Singapore then no problem. Will KL issue with proof of 400k? Ive never been to Malaysia so quite fancied a little trip there.

I got the 60 day extension recently thats why I asked, not sure if they issue per new visa or just once in a lifetime? If I get the muliti entry its not really an issue but be nice to know.

It seems to vary on the 60 day extension. I can not answer on KL but you might be able to call and get an answer - I do not believe they have previously used 400k as a figure for issue.

Royal Thai Embassy

206 Jalan Ampang

50450 Kuala Lumpur

Tel. (60-3) 2148-8222, 2148-8350, 2148-8420, 2145-8004

Fax. (60-3) 2148-6527, 2148-6615

E-mail : [email protected]

[email protected]

Office Hours :Monday - Friday 09.00-13.00 hrs. and 14.00-17.00 hrs.

Visa and Consular section : 09.30 - 13.00 hrs.

lopburi thanks for the quick reply and good news.

It seems I can get it from Singapore then no problem. Will KL issue with proof of 400k? Ive never been to Malaysia so quite fancied a little trip there.

I got the 60 day extension recently thats why I asked, not sure if they issue per new visa or just once in a lifetime? If I get the muliti entry its not really an issue but be nice to know.

I got a One-Year Multi "O" from KL without any money, just a letter from my wife requesting it.

If you have the money, then I can almost guarantee that you'll get it.

Plus KL is a great little town.. What a Change from Bangkok. Culture Shock.

If I had a choice, I'd choose it over the Big Mango any day.. Clean, Fresh, great food and shopping.. Just watch out for the rip-off cabs.. Demand the meter and you'll be OK.

Enjoy

CS

Document checklist for Non Imm O Visa

Passport sized photo

Original and copies of;

Marriage Certificate

House registration (blue book)

Passport

Copy of Wife’s ID card

Visa fee MR550

Extras

Bank book

Photos of you and wife at home

Invite letter from wife

Edited by wineaux

Document checklist for Non Imm O Visa

Passport sized photo

Original and copies of;

Marriage Certificate

House registration (blue book)

Passport

Copy of Wife’s ID card

Visa fee MR550

Extras

Bank book

Photos of you and wife at home

Invite letter from wife

Passport fotos = size 4x6 cm.

Photos of you and wife home ??????!!!!!!!!

Invite letter from wife ?????????!!!!!!!!

Relax easyman you shouldn't need those things, I listed them as possible extras to take just in case.

Unfortunatly we are not dealing in the black and white but the grey.

I originally was looking to go to Penang and a local visa agent gave me a huge list of documents to bring to insure my multi O visa. If current threads are true then the basics should prove sufficient i.e

Passport sized photo

Original and copies of;

Marriage Certificate

House registration

Passport

Copy of Wife's ID card

Visa fee MR550

However like someone said recently its a long way back to your top drawer for that bit of paper.

On a lighter note I have drafted up a possible letter of invitation from the Wife which is open to comment...

I …………….(insert Wife's name) ID number…………. hereby give written confirmation that my husband ………………(insert name) with Passport number………..is wholly and fully welcome and required to return home to ……………………..(insert address) as soon as possible to look after me (and baby etc)……………

To that end I request that he is issued a 1 year Non Immigrant O Visa to honour these obligations.

Thank you in advance for you help in this matter, should you require any further information please do not hesitate in contacting me on ………………..(insert tel. number)

Yours Sincerely

…………………… signed (The Wife)

…………………….Print

…………………… Date

Wineaux,

Good man you are! thanks for sharing the draft of possible letter, very useful indeed, I will be headed off soon for application of Non O multiple, and will include something similar in the application, thanks again mate!

best

DSG

Relax easyman you shouldn't need those things, I listed them as possible extras to take just in case.

Unfortunatly we are not dealing in the black and white but the grey.

I originally was looking to go to Penang and a local visa agent gave me a huge list of documents to bring to insure my multi O visa. If current threads are true then the basics should prove sufficient i.e

Passport sized photo

Original and copies of;

Marriage Certificate

House registration

Passport

Copy of Wife's ID card

Visa fee MR550

However like someone said recently its a long way back to your top drawer for that bit of paper.

On a lighter note I have drafted up a possible letter of invitation from the Wife which is open to comment...

I …………….(insert Wife's name) ID number…………. hereby give written confirmation that my husband ………………(insert name) with Passport number………..is wholly and fully welcome and required to return home to ……………………..(insert address) as soon as possible to look after me (and baby etc)……………

To that end I request that he is issued a 1 year Non Immigrant O Visa to honour these obligations.

Thank you in advance for you help in this matter, should you require any further information please do not hesitate in contacting me on ………………..(insert tel. number)

Yours Sincerely

…………………… signed (The Wife)

…………………….Print

…………………… Date

The following would be my version, to be written in Thai, of course, in the most polite, bureaucratic language:

To whom it may concern

With these presents, I, <wife’s name>, holder of Thai ID card number <number>, confirm that I invite my husband <name>, holder of <nationality> passport No. <number> to come and visit me in Thailand as often as possible and I shall be grateful if any Thai consulate where my husband applies will kindly issue him a non-immigrant visa classification O valid for multiple journeys to Thailand within one year.

<date>

<signature of wife>

Whichever text you use, I suggest to use the correct terminology for the visa, ie. “non-immigrant visa classification O valid for multiple journeys to Thailand within one year”. Actually, I am not too sure if all consulates use the term “classification”, as every consulate seems to create its own text for the visa stamp. Only where adhesive labels (stickers) are used for visas does the text appear to be standard.

--

Maestro

The following would be my version, to be written in Thai, of course, in the most polite, bureaucratic language:

To whom it may concern

With these presents, I, <wife’s name>, holder of Thai ID card number <number>, confirm that I invite my husband <name>, holder of <nationality> passport No. <number> to come and visit me in Thailand as often as possible and I shall be grateful if any Thai consulate where my husband applies will kindly issue him a non-immigrant visa classification O valid for multiple journeys to Thailand within one year.

<date>

<signature of wife>

Whichever text you use, I suggest to use the correct terminology for the visa, ie. “non-immigrant visa classification O valid for multiple journeys to Thailand within one year”. Actually, I am not too sure f all consultaes use the term “classification”, as every consulate seems to create its own text for the visa stamp. Only where adhesive labels (stickers) are used for visas does the text appear to be standard.

--

Maestro

If I remember correctly, the letter my Wife FAXED to the embassy while I waited read simply:

"Please give my Husband a one-Year Visa."

Signed and Dated.

That was all. (It may have said a "One-Year Multi Entry" Visa... I don't remember.. It was in September 2007. )

KL is a great place to go... I've never had any problems getting a Visa there... Even with no Money in Bank.

CS

I was being ironic. Why does a husband need a written invitation to visit his wife? Well, it could be that the consulate wants to make sure that he and his wife are still living together, unlike this other man I read about in this post who paid somebody to marry him only to get his wedding certificate, never saw his wife again, and ever since is getting his non-O visas for the purpose of visiting his wife.

--

Maestro

Why does a husband need a written invitation to visit his wife? Well, it could be that the consulate wants to make sure that he and his wife are still living together, unlike this other man I read about in this post who paid somebody to marry him only to get his wedding certificate, never saw his wife again, and ever since is getting his non-O visas for the purpose of visiting his wife.

--

Maestro

It seems that all these extra documents are for exactly that, to make sure that we are in a bona fide relationship. So I think that if you are, then taking any extra documents or pictures as a back up, can be a good idea.

Like your letter by the way.

Edited by wineaux

• 1 month later...

Got my Non Imm O Visa from KL with no hassle.

Doc's required as previously stated

Original and copies of ;

Marriage Certificate

House registration

Passport

Copy of Wife's ID card

Visa fee MR550

Photocopies should be signed.

Note I had the originals with me but wasn't asked for them but take them just in case.

Turn up at 0900 get visa form off security fill in and queue, hand in docs and fee between 0930 -1130. Pick up from security next day between 1130-1230.

Beach Club seems to be the place to go for a beer the taxi driver will know it.

If I get time I may post a more detailed report...