Latest Sex Change "fad" Causes Concern?!?!

kmart

This little nugget (pun unintended) from the BP caught my eye this morning.. :D

Latest sex-change fad poses risks

(BangkokPost.com) - The leader of a homosexual group has cried foul over reports that doctors have been performing surgery to sever testicles of young patients.

Nathee Rojanapongse plans to hold talks with the Medical Council of Thailand on Thursday calling for an end to the surgery which has become the latest trend among young homosexuals.

Rest of story here.

Would you consider having your testicles removed just to to stay in fashion? :o

Reminds me of that Welsh rugby enthusiast who cut-off his <deleted> because his team won. I mean, I could almost, sort-of, understand it if they had lost but he did it to celebrate! Oh, and he did it himself. Mind you, he was Welsh... :o

P.S. His knackers would have been safe if he'd been English; we hardly seem to win anything these days.

Reminds me of that Welsh rugby enthusiast who cut-off his <deleted> because his team won. I mean, I could almost, sort-of, understand it if they had lost but he did it to celebrate! Oh, and he did it himself. Mind you, he was Welsh... :o

P.S. His knackers would have been safe if he'd been English; we hardly seem to win anything these days.

It's a well-known fact that aliens don't abduct Welsh people, as they cannot differentiate their sexes.

And they tend to start singing a lot.

This little nugget (pun unintended) from the BP caught my eye this morning.. :D

Latest sex-change fad poses risks

(BangkokPost.com) - The leader of a homosexual group has cried foul over reports that doctors have been performing surgery to sever testicles of young patients.

Nathee Rojanapongse plans to hold talks with the Medical Council of Thailand on Thursday calling for an end to the surgery which has become the latest trend among young homosexuals.

Rest of story here.

Would you consider having your testicles removed just to to stay in fashion? :o

must be a slow news day at the BP for this to make the pages............

The Discovery channel has a programme on the topic of eunuchs last night. Having your testicles removed is allegedly quite a 'growth' industry for the medical profession. Just a local anaesthetic and your are home the same day. Mostly gay guys getting it done.

A couple of links for those who are interested in reading more:

The Eunuch Archive

Eunuchs - India's Third Gender

Eunuchs and Castrati

Thesis: Eunuchs are Gay Men

Peter

The Discovery channel has a programme on the topic of eunuchs last night. Having your testicles removed is allegedly quite a 'growth' industry for the medical profession. Just a local anaesthetic and your are home the same day. Mostly gay guys getting it done.

The Eunuch Archive

Eunuchs and Castrati

Peter

Please don't confuse gay with transgendered.

The Eunuch Archive

Eunuchs and Castrati

Peter

So ladyboys arent gay - therefore men who go with ladyboys arent gay :o

The Eunuch Archive

Eunuchs and Castrati

Peter

So ladyboys arent gay - therefore men who go with ladyboys arent gay :D

a gay ladyboy would be one who goes for other ladyboys - in other words a gaysbien.... :o

The Eunuch Archive

Eunuchs and Castrati

Peter

a gay ladyboy would be one who goes for other ladyboys - in other words a gaysbien.... :o

I think you mean glaydyboy

The Eunuch Archive

Eunuchs and Castrati

Peter

Reminds me of trying to buy tickets to the Eunuch Ball. :o

The Eunuch Archive

Eunuchs and Castrati

Peter

a gay ladyboy would be one who goes for other ladyboys - in other words a gaysbien.... :D

I think you mean glaydyboy

that's a mouthful....! :o

what i find incredulous about all this is that young people can apparently just walk into a doctors office and have their scrotums removed with apparently no counselling or advice. ......... and that doctors can just go ahead and do it.

is there anything resembling a code of ethics for the thai medical profession , (i know i shouldnt mention the words ethics and thai in the same sentence) whereby patient suitability is assessed first or is castration just something you get done when youre a bit pissed , like a tattoo. just go and get it done , and think about the consequences later on.

i wonder what will happen to those ladyboys who unthinkingly had the ops , when they turn 40 or 50 and their hormone soaked bodies start to react to all the unatural abuse and start to wonder what the h311 happened to them , why werent they advised properly as to the irreversable path they were taking , and why cant they afford all the medications necessary to keep them alive now.

the ease with which people can get these radical surgeries here is frightening.

sometimes people do really need to be protected from themselves , especially when most the information available to prospective eunuchs / ladyboys comes from hearsay , or from avaricious back street doctors with clinics and operating theatres in neon fronted shophouses

there are ads in the bangkok post advertising orchidectomies for 3000b ! well done bangkok post , ethical advertising at its best.