Latest Sex Change "fad" Causes Concern?!?!

kmart

Unfortunately, this thread brings out the usual silliness and ignorance regarding what "gay" means.

I'll give you straight guys a clue: there's a reason they put the ladyboy bars in YOUR sleazy tourist nightlife sois and NOT our sleazy tourist nightlife sois. Most ladyboys feel lonely and out-of-place on the gay scene, because (big hint here): men who want to be with men typically don't want to be with ladyboys.

What is the sexuality of the straight-identified men who like ladyboys, and the ladyboys themselves? Good question, but it's certainly not exactly like the sexuality of gay men. That's not a problem for gay guys, because we already know there're a lot of different sexualities in the world, but it really threatens a lot of straight men (I guess that's why the transgendered and their partners get even more hassle about it than we gays do).

Ok, tangent over.

Taxexile, you're exactly right: the chop shops are a national disgrace. In most countries, any kind of hormonal or transgender therapy REQUIRES detailed counselling, and it should here, too.

"S"

Oh, by the way, I'm deleting enquiries about gay sex. If you're interested, you can ask about it in the gay subforum. Most ladyboys (which is what this thread is about) are generally in the "receiving" role, so I hope that clears up any lingering "confusion" here.

"S"

I wonder what they do with the scrotum afterwards :o

Empty the contents, shave it, put a drawstring on it, and one would have an excellent coin bag. Perfect for the distinguished gentleman.

My dad had his testicles removed as part of a cancer treatment (testicular/prostate).

Seemed like afterwards he was exactly the same; no more sex, and having to bathe him, seemed like that area was just similar to normal, with a feeling of no balls inside the sack; a bit more shrivelled perhaps, but that could be because most dads don't really feel that comfortable having their sons washing their groin for them, and most sons feel a bit awkward doing it.

<snip>

, by the way, I'm deleting enquiries about gay sex. If you're interested, you can ask about it in the gay subforum. Most ladyboys (which is what this thread is about) are generally in the "receiving" role, so I hope that clears up any lingering "confusion" here.

"S"

Hmmm......not my experience and I know a few ladyboys. I think that is a rather too broad generalisation. Many are pitchers rather than catchers.

Also not sure how hospitable the gay subforum is to straight posters; just today someone there asked an OP whether or not he was gay or straight, the inference being that it made a difference. This statement was not made by just any ordinary poster either!

The Discovery channel has a programme on the topic of eunuchs last night. Having your testicles removed is allegedly quite a 'growth' industry for the medical profession. Just a local anaesthetic and your are home the same day. Mostly gay guys getting it done.

A couple of links for those who are interested in reading more:

The Eunuch Archive

Eunuchs - India's Third Gender

Eunuchs and Castrati

Thesis: Eunuchs are Gay Men

Peter

With the kind of software Microsoft is putting out these days it's no surprise that so many people are turning to eunuchs. It's not that difficult and painful. Just get Redhat.

I wonder what they do with the scrotum afterwards :o

Empty the contents, shave it, put a drawstring on it, and one would have an excellent coin bag. Perfect for the distinguished gentleman.

My dad had his testicles removed as part of a cancer treatment (testicular/prostate).

Seemed like afterwards he was exactly the same; no more sex, and having to bathe him, seemed like that area was just similar to normal, with a feeling of no balls inside the sack; a bit more shrivelled perhaps, but that could be because most dads don't really feel that comfortable having their sons washing their groin for them, and most sons feel a bit awkward doing it.

Hey Stevie-O:

Big hug to you.

An interesting thread, sort of, and it certainly brings out a variety of opinions, don't it?

I had a vasectomy some 39 years ago and other than these large breasts, I haven't noticed any adverse affects. Is having the testes completely removed radically different? And is there any proof that removing them in mid-to-late teens causes any hormonal changes? Isn't all that developmental hormonal stuff pretty much done by then?

The word Eunuch, while having contemporary meaning, I think derives not from the operation but more as a job description.

Who better to guard the harem than ole Nutless Joe?

Besides, any sixteen+ year old who wants to remove his testicles to be 'in vogue' probably shouldn't be reproducing anyway...

And, IMHO, the world is not divided up into Gay/Straight people, folks. In between those who are labeled/label themselves with these popular buzzwords are the masses of humanity who's sexual preferences are as varied as the grains of sand on the world's beaches.

The scrotum is not removed (so forget the coin bag idea) but split down the middle, forming a labia MAJORA.. :o

BTW, I took a quick glance at the gay forum but when I saw at the bottom of the page that everyone could see that I was browsing the forum, I backpedaled so fast I fell out of my chair...

BTW, I took a quick glance at the gay forum but when I saw at the bottom of the page that everyone could see that I was browsing the forum, I backpedaled so fast I fell out of my chair...

Why? Are you not gay?

(not that there is anything wrong with that)

Cue: Seinfeld wa wunk wunk wunk wunk wuuuuuunk wakachika wakachika sounds.

Why? Are you not gay?

OMG! Are you calling me NOT GAY ?!?

Like UG insinuating that I am an UNBELIEVER !

Can a person actually choose to be not something that they never really gave a crap about?

I never really thought about NOT being an Eskimo.. Or a Georgie Tirebiter (look it up)..

Relax Stevarino, all is in jest like my missed pun about 'affect' as in affected behavior..

I am.. or am not..

If it is hot, I am on it! (Or under it - depends on my mood) :o

Wa Wunk Wunk

Edited by Dustoff

Why? Are you not gay?

Since I am the person who asked twice recently in the gay forum whether or not a poster was gay, and I am the designated moderator for that forum, I guess I should explain why I asked the posters. Rest assured that if you are a regular ThaiVisa poster (Dustoff, stevero, taxexile, et al, and Al), you would not be asked. However, we rather often get newbies and lurkers and trolls who pretend to be 'friends of Dorothy' but in fact they are agents provacateurs, admitted friends of outrageously flamboyant homophobic &lt;deleted&gt; who have been banned from ThaiVisa, stalkers, etc. You are of course welcome to post in the Ladies' Forum if you are not a woman beater or a woman hater; and you can post in the Farming Forum if you do not burn down homes full of farm families. Having your nik appear as a viewer on the forum, or posting in support of the community, is fine.

steveorinio, I used the Seinfeld joke in reverse. Not that there is anything wrong with being straight. wink, wink. :o

Of course, none of us speaks for everybody in our group. But back to topic, I doubt that any of the young men who get castrated will be 'pitchers' (penile penetrators) from now on, and I doubt they have the maturity prior to age 21 or 25 to make such an irreversible decision.

An interesting thread, sort of, and it certainly brings out a variety of opinions, don't it?

I had a vasectomy some 39 years ago and other than these large breasts, I haven't noticed any adverse affects. Is having the testes completely removed radically different? And is there any proof that removing them in mid-to-late teens causes any hormonal changes? Isn't all that developmental hormonal stuff pretty much done by then?

The word Eunuch, while having contemporary meaning, I think derives not from the operation but more as a job description.

Who better to guard the harem than ole Nutless Joe?

Besides, any sixteen+ year old who wants to remove his testicles to be 'in vogue' probably shouldn't be reproducing anyway...

And, IMHO, the world is not divided up into Gay/Straight people, folks. In between those who are labeled/label themselves with these popular buzzwords are the masses of humanity who's sexual preferences are as varied as the grains of sand on the world's beaches.

The scrotum is not removed (so forget the coin bag idea) but split down the middle, forming a labia MAJORA.. :o

Just a couple of little points:

As you rightly remark, simple castration is relatively easy and surgically pretty safe even in historical times. Origen, an early Christian theologian, allegedly castrated himself based on his reading of the Gospel of Matthew 19:12 (For there are eunuchs, who were born so from their mother's womb: and there are eunuchs, who were made so by men: and there are eunuchs, who have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven. He that can take, let him take it.).

The job oportunities for the eunuch were so attractive that many families in Greece, Italy and asia minor in the early middle ages would have at least one sone castrated for the income they would bring in. Many civil service posts insisted on the postholder being a eunuch.

Most turkish rulers weren't satisfied that the simple eunuch was safe to have around their seraglios and insisted on the more drastic process called "swept clean" which involved removing the penis as well. These slaves were very expensive as the surgical mortality rate was very, very high and the subsequent wastage through suicide as high again!!

Many eunuchs in the Byzantine empire held highly important jobs and lived long, rich and fulfilled lives. Some even married and had heirs (by adoption, of course). Narses (478-573) General of Byzantine Emperor, Justinian I, was responsible for destroying the Ostrogoths in 552 at the Battle of Taginae in Italy and saving Rome for the empire. At the time of the battle, which involved a campaign over two thousand miles and 18 months in the field, he was already 74. He went on to live until he was 95!!