After The Fiancée Visa ?

OK I'm just trying to get some more information straight in my head;

• after a successful fiancée visa application you then have six months to marry which by or before your six months are up you then have to apply for a 2 year FLR?
  • then during those two years you then have to collect at least 20 pieces of information spanning the two years eg. bank statements council tax etc ? then you apply for the ILR
  • Do you have to wait until the end of the 2 years to then apply for ILR ? or can you do it when ever you want ?
  • If you then get ILR at what point can you then apply for a UK passport ?

You may apply for FLR(M) immediately after marriage and before your Fiancé(e) visa expires.

See also Completing application form SET(M) (Section 10).

Before you can apply for SET(M), you also have to satisfy the Knowledge of language and life in the United Kingdom requirements. You may apply for SET(M) before your FLR(M) expires, but no sooner than 28 days (4 weeks) before your FLR(M) expires.

You may apply for a British passport after you become a British citizen. See also Requirements for naturalisation if you are married to or the civil partner of a British citizen and How do I apply for naturalisation as a British citizen? Suggest you use the Nationality checking service.

thanks Vinny thats all I need now and I think by looking at that site after you have been granted ILR and have been in england 3 years then you can apply for the passport,

Edited by bread

The form says the fee is £750 but the website says £395.. Which is it do you know?

Damm getting a fiancee visa looks expensive since you have to pay the same fee again in 6 months, wouldnt it be easier to get married like a few days before the application and get a Settlement visa?