Police Pee Testing Drivers After Traffic Stop

Bluelotus

2 nights ago a friend was pulled over at a check point on the way to sara Phi from Chiang Mai . He had no helmut on . The police took a urine sample from him and said 6 weeks to know results. The cop said it is now standard operating procedure.

Anyone else had a similar experience recently ? Has the war started early ?

2 nights ago a friend was pulled over at a check point on the way to sara Phi from Chiang Mai . He had no helmut on . The police took a urine sample from him and said 6 weeks to know results. The cop said it is now standard operating procedure.

<deleted>, they get prelim results immediately.

<deleted>, they get prelim results immediately.

Well I know its Thailand and anything can happen out of the Norm! But this one sounds ridiculous because they would have to give you a sample as well so that you can do your own analysis :, and then as Peace Blondie states it needs to be refrigerated as there is a breakdown period: Even for Drug testing its ridiculous

Sounds a bit like someone was taking P....

Edited by macb

Another gem from bluelotus. Maybe your friend lost something in the translation??

The abuse of Methamphetamine - a powerful psycho stimulant - is a very dangerous and increasing problem. Even though use of Methamphetamine initially was limited now we have seen dramatic increases in its use. In addition, Methamphetamine use among significantly diverse populations has been documented. The Methamphetamine Drug Urine Test is a simple one step rapid test for qualitative detection of Methamphetamine and metabolites in urine with immediate results.

Also see the "decay" rates of urine samples below :o

chart.jpg

Another gem from bluelotus. Maybe your friend lost something in the translation??

The abuse of Methamphetamine - a powerful psycho stimulant - is a very dangerous and increasing problem. Even though use of Methamphetamine initially was limited now we have seen dramatic increases in its use. In addition, Methamphetamine use among significantly diverse populations has been documented. The Methamphetamine Drug Urine Test is a simple one step rapid test for qualitative detection of Methamphetamine and metabolites in urine with immediate results.

Also see the "decay" rates of urine samples below :o

chart.jpg

Again Maejo MAN misses the point , please reread the original post , I too thought the story sounded funny , my friend's Thai is pretty good , and so I thought members might help clear up my questions .

Why are you people so angry all the time ?

I know pathology toxicology test results can take weeks .

At any rate my friend is clean from drugs and doesn't use alcohol either.

Again Maejo MAN misses the point , please reread the original post , I too thought the story sounded funny , my friend's Thai is pretty good , and so I thought members might help clear up my questions .

Why are you people so angry all the time ?

I know pathology toxicology test results can take weeks .

At any rate my friend is clean from drugs and doesn't use alcohol either.

Au contraire mon ami....I did not miss the point. There was no mention in your OP that you found anything funny about the story. Me, angry :o

There's a large demand for old urine. It's being recycled into the new bio-diesel. Sounds like the cops have figured out a way to obtain unlimited supplies.

:D:D Very funny!

Careful now!

It might not be for bio-diesel!

It has the same colour of beer! :o

Edited by rethaired

sorry to burst a bubble but testing for Meth is an instant test, the urine changes color etc.

Sounds like a bogus story to me.

Maybe that's correct for a 'meth' test but depending on what is being tested for it may take a lot longer.

I gave samples which went to the US of A., for analysis. "Not quite instantaneous"

All depends..

as a copper who did this kind thangy..

If they are testing for THC/ BAC/ Meth for court purposes...( and then it all depends on how busy the court system is...)

It WILL take awhile...but HEY, that's in a different country where you couldn't slip a fin a get away with it..

and I concur...specimens have to be protected, sealed, refrig'd etc....evidence my friend..without that...your lier..oh excuse me..Lawyer could fight that and usually win!!

On the street you can use a chemical "RE-Agent" test kit, which is normally for substances found right there...ya know the small plastic looking pouch that turns a different color for which substance you are looking for ( pot, meth, coke, etc..) or even a notorious BLOOD DRAW...but again, a different country where "rules of evidence" apply. Seems to be different here ( DUH!!!)

( any lawyers on here schooled in the United States will confirm on the "fruits of a poisionous tree" defense )

BUT NOT ON A UA..

This will have to be sent to a "Approved " lab ( does that exsist here?) and rules of evidence will have to apply...( again, in Thailand??)

and can takes several weeks depending on how busy the said lab can be..

Face it...

you're FUC*'d.....

so best to play by the rules....

Nothing in the system...cannot foul the sysyem, unless the system is foul...

Unless you're in Thailand.

:o

( like mexico on steriods..only the cops are cleaner there...)

sorry to burst a bubble but testing for Meth is an instant test, the urine changes color etc.

Sounds like a bogus story to me.

Maybe that's correct for a 'meth' test but depending on what is being tested for it may take a lot longer.

I gave samples which went to the US of A., for analysis. "Not quite instantaneous"

if you are referring ti the chart above, it says nothing about how long the tests take to run! It only refers to how long a substance used is detectable via urine, hair, and blood!

Cocaine Metabolite test is also virtually instantaneous (urine) and will detect cocaine usage for approximately 72 hours after use (as an example), Meth is similar as it tests for a metabolite.

Blood tests and hair take time to run for almost anything, but a test for meth or coke they could actually areest you while you are still urinating if they put the reagent in the container and watched you pee into it :o

Methamphetamines, Tetrahydracanibinol and cocaine are all tests with virtually immediate results, and that's pretty well all the BIB are interested in. In your case you told me that it was a blood sample in connection with employment, in which case it would have been frozen for later analysis, and doubtful if they were looking for THC.

You have been to Mexico, right?

Too many times to count..dealt/ worked with the Policia and Federales and know how they work ( unless they are los drugas carteles...)

Whats your point??? :o

Thailand's bravest, brightest, most honest...

I give up.

Edited by Tony Clifton

Too many times to count..dealt/ worked with the Policia and Federales and know how they work ( unless they are los drugas carteles...)

Way off topic, just this once.

In Tijuana the Policia are regarded as the biggest menace to society and the reason many tourists won't return. Last year the Federales came in, confiscated the local policia's weapons and ran things for a month or so. It was nice to walk around without fear of shakedowns and false arrest.

When the local cops had their power reinstated, they became much more aggressive to make up for the income they lost while the feds were in charge. About one cop per day is killed by the drug gangs or maybe by some people who are just mad as hel_l and not going to take it anymore.

Granted, Tijuana is not really Mexico but it's what a lot of tourists see.

Way off topic, just this once.

In Tijuana the Policia are regarded as the biggest menace to society and the reason many tourists won't return. Last year the Federales came in, confiscated the local policia's weapons and ran things for a month or so. It was nice to walk around without fear of shakedowns and false arrest.

When the local cops had their power reinstated, they became much more aggressive to make up for the income they lost while the feds were in charge. About one cop per day is killed by the drug gangs or maybe by some people who are just mad as hel_l and not going to take it anymore.

Granted, Tijuana is not really Mexico but it's what a lot of tourists see.

Let's go twice...

TJ's small compared to what is going on in Juarez and Matamoros right now....

One police chief even crossed over into the US seeking asylum..

Sinaloa has been having major drug wars for going on 20 yrs now and they are now trying to control it all in the northern border areas...

Not one or two killed a day but last week they found more than 24 outside of Juarez..some policia, some just got caught up in it...includes women and children..

Try the Yucatan or Quintana Roo..nice and peaceful....

Heck, I wouldn't go into TJ 30 years ago, not because of the policia, just because it was and always has been just TJ.

:D

But all in all, I know where the mex cops are coming from...corrupt as hel_l...these thai ones..well, just can't figure them out yet..every one or just a few..the one I dealt with was up and up..maybe someone was watchin him.. :D

OffTopic: I've lived in Mexico and Thailand, and my subjective impression is that Thai cops are, overall, cleaner. No Thai cop has ever asked me for a bribe, while in Mexico it happened regularly. In Mexico City I was robbed by police twice, and I have friends who have had similar experiences. No comparison IMO.

I know this may seem off topic, but where are piss samples being given, is a port a potty furnished? Do you stand on edge of roadway behind car/ motorbike/ bicycle? What about the females involved? Who is watching if 2 or more are requested to pee in bottle? And finally do they use same type of bottle for male and female?The Thai, Mexican debate probably does not have a varifiable answer, except they deserve to protect, serve etc each other.