Ok This Is Me In Need Of Help

Ok, before all of you as I know some do come up with negative post please read and if you cannot give help or guidance then dont say anything please!

I am a 44 year old retired U.S. Marine living in the area of Burirum. I have a 2 story house a jeep and 4 motorcycles. I take care of a 5 family Thai family and have done so for the last four (4) years....

I spent 1.5 Million on my home and pay taxes on all my motorcycles plus my jeep.

I receive from the U.S. Government an equilivant of 51,000 Baht a month in retirement. I am not old enough for the Thai retitement Visa yet.

I love Thailand and I love where I stay at, however the last time I got a Visa it was only a tourist visa with triple entry (Penang). How can I or what do I need to do to get a better Visa Class

I want to know what is the best option for me to follow...

The normal age for a retirement visa is fifty.

You must show pension/savings of 800K baht, so that would mean your pension plus 200K in the bank.

No-one on this forum has reported getting a one year retirement extension at below fifty but it is worth asking as an exception to the rule is technically possible .

I assume you are single, so a marriage visa is not an option.

As said you can try for a retirement visa but you are still quite young. If not allowed and you are not adverse to working you could go the business route and set up company etc to obtain business visa and extensions of stay - several advertisers here could help in that process. If you have 3 million baht immigration seems to allow you to invest to lead to visa privilege. The Elite Card is another wild card and is a cash million to buy. Other options are to continue with visa trips.

Without legal marriage and/or children the options are limited.

If you travel back to US or OZ every 14 or 15 months and use an honorary Consulate you might still be able to obtain O visa valid for a year allowing 90 days between visa runs.

Have you considered a Non-immigrant O visa? It allows you to stay here for 90 day stretches instead of 30.

Should be easy for you to get one, though not whilst you are in LoS, but if you ever happen to visit USA, go to your local Thai consulate with the documents to validate your residency and finances.

As a side issue, the Thai consulate in El Paso is said to be most accommodating.

Good luck

keda