Nasty Girlfriend Of Husband Keeps Calling.

BEENTHEREDONETHAT

Our housekeepers has a problem. Her husbands ex(?) girlfriend keeps calling her and getting her upset. She has changed her number several times but the husbands GF keeps getting it and calling.

Can a incoming number be blocked so GF can't call?

Anyone have any suggestions on what she should do? Divorce is not an option.

The husband has cleaned out the bank account buying GF house and van.

Husband supposedly left GF a couple of months ago as he was broke and came home. Never appoligised.

i believe that you can pay a small amount to have the offending number blocked. i suspect she is getting the number from the soon-to-be-ex-husband, so tell her to not give it to him. sounds like a prick anyway, so no reason to give it to him unless there are kids involved.

Donna

I agree whole heartedly with you that he is a pr!ck and is most likely the one giving her the number. There are to kids involved one just got married last week, very nice guy. And a daughter in college.

She has changed the number several times. So blocking the GF calls would seem like the solution.

Don't really know why she woun't divorce him.

But it is making a normally cheerful person very depressed.

i believe that you can pay a small amount to have the offending number blocked. i suspect she is getting the number from the soon-to-be-ex-husband, so tell her to not give it to him. sounds like a prick anyway, so no reason to give it to him unless there are kids involved.

A prick? Funny you did not characterize the GF as being a bitch?

And it is of course the husband's fault because he leaves her? He was broke. Why? Maybe he did not feel like apologizing? Maybe he did not need to? Maybe she gambled the couple's money? Maybe she had an affair? We need more information to condemn a person on hypothetical, bias, and flimsy circumstancial evidence such as the ones that were given. LAW 101.

Edited by rethaired

Blame is directly on the shoulders of the Husband, i.e., cleaning out bank account, buying a VAN for the girl friend, heck yeah that is more than enough to encourage the girl friend to harass the wife. Maybe if she could afford an inexpensive mobile phone, would help, for she could fairly easily monitor her call, while taking steps to move on with her life WITHOUT the husband.(consult a lawyer). :D:o:D Sound like a husband walking on the bad side.

Go directly to the police station, file a harassment statement.

Keep a record of the telephone calls, time - what was said - from which calling number etc.

Return to the police station with the futher evidence, ask for them to 'talk" to the offending caller.

If it continues visit a judge to take out a harassment case against the caller, this is not expensive. This should have the effect on the person causing the problem to understand that the matter is being treated seriously.

Seems like too much effort? Then the calls are not serious enough to bother about doing anything.

Since the GF is a 4 or 5 hour drive from here going to the police does not seem like a real option.

Our housekeeper is a rather timid woman and it would be difficult to get her to go to a judge (I think).

She has tried hanging up when the GF number calls but she continually keeps calling until answered and then is very abusive in her language, hanging up just means she will dial again. It is safe to say GF could be classified as a real Bitch.

We will suggest getting a restraining order and blocking the number.

Since my Thai is non existant and my wifes is limited, it is difficult to have a real meaningful conversation without assistance from a thai friend.

Give her a referee's whistle, every time she answers the offending call blow the whistle. See how long the calls last. :o

Filing the police report is probably the best option, even if you have to get someone to carry her to the police station. That way if the problem escalates the cops have a place to start looking if they can be bothered. :D

Husband supposedly left GF a couple of months ago as he was broke and came home. Never appoligised.

So hubby's returned with his tail between his legs and not a pot to p1ss in. Am I correct?

The wife, however timid, is in a position of strength and should be made to understand that if she doesn't use that strength she will continue to be abused and unhappy.

She should make it clear that he gets no money, food nor shelter until he :-

1. apologises profusely.

and,

2. takes the next call from his previous GF and tells her in no uncertain terms to p1ss off.

If he doesn't do both of those within say two days he can pack his bags and do a vanishing act.

Personally, even as a man, I think she should kick his sorry ass all around the neighbourhood but she must have her reasons for not wanting a divorce.

I never understand why they do not divorce a dog of a husband like this. They think that it would be too great a loss of face to divorce. I cannot see where it would any less loss of face to have a husband like this and to put up with it. I think the loss of face would be even greater. Not only is her husband making a laughing stock of her, she has such poor self-worth that she is willing to put up with it.

Our housekeepers has a problem. Her husbands ex(?) girlfriend keeps calling her and getting her upset

A twist on the more usual 'a friend of mine'?

--

Whatever, just tell her to only answer calls from numbers she knows are family members - ie here children - She's a house keeper, I think it fair to assume that calls from anyone else don't really matter.

Our housekeepers has a problem. Her husbands ex(?) girlfriend keeps calling her and getting her upset. She has changed her number several times but the husbands GF keeps getting it and calling.

Can a incoming number be blocked so GF can't call?

Anyone have any suggestions on what she should do? Divorce is not an option.

The husband has cleaned out the bank account buying GF house and van.

Sounds like divorce would be a very good option.

Give her an ultimatum - divorce him or find a new job.

Edited by ClaytonSeymour

I had a situation where an old girlfriend kept calling me. I'd answer the phone and then put it in my pocket. She soon got tired of paying for calls that no one actually answered.

I had a situation where an old girlfriend kept calling me. I'd answer the phone and then put it in my pocket. She soon got tired of paying for calls that no one actually answered.

Yes ... Answer and ignore :o Gee, they hate that.

Naka.

I believe she can try calling her phone service provider and get that number blocked. Of course, it won't stop the woman from calling from a different phone but it might slow her down.

It seems to me that divorce is the best solution, but that is really her decision. There are a lot of good suggestions here that we will pass on to her and let her decide which one she prefers.

She is a very nice lady and does a good job, is reliable and very honest. We don't like to see her get so distressed. I think she was happier after he had been gone for a month and she did not think he was coming back.

It has not changed her work habits other than her normal happy disposition. In a way it is none of our business, we are just trying to be helpful and offer her a few ideas on what she can do about it. But in the end it is her choice.

yeah I would keep answering but leaving my phone just on the table.. so the B&%@!h will spend all of her credit calling and takling to the air, like that SEVERAL times, till she can really see that she is just spending credit. well, she can leave it on the table, and continue talking with other person, sing a song, watch TV... have sex! haha, lol.. whatever.. I think that will piss her off... at night time just put it on silence or turn it off.. :o

ignoring can be very hurtful :D

chok dee!

I have a windows mobile based pda phone and have a nifty utility called call blocker that let's me define "white list" containing numsbers allowed and "black list" with numbers to block/ignore/answer+hang up etc.

Can only recommend although not sure the housekeeper can afford such a device and configure the utility correctly...

L

On my cell phone I can set it up to reject calls from any number I want - to include unknown numbers, or numbers starting with a certain prefix (area code) - that should the trick for her.

just answer then leave phone on chair and get on with whatever you want watch tv eat cook etc

then 30 mins later close call (caller will have stopped by then anyway) do that everytime if needed

for 1 day 3 days 1 week 1 month

Clever, Gary! I like it! :o

Another thing you can do with your phone in situations like this- if you can assign custom ring tones to numbers, give the offending number a mute ring tone and ignore them. You will still have the log of missed calls if you need the "evidence".

Faster, easier and cheaper than dealing with the phone company to block the number.

Can only recommend although not sure the housekeeper can afford such a device and configure the utility correctly...

Even a Thai housekeeper knows how to change the ringtones on their mobile. They love that sh*t!

Edited by bino

Guest Bellini

All posters talking about mobile phone/cellphone please note that the OP did not say that the person in question has a mobile phone and therefore it is safe to assume that she has a landline phone.