Non"o" Multiple Entry Where?

Hello everybody,

I'm new to this forum. And read a lot here but finding the richt thing is difficult.

I'm an 44 year old (young) men from Holland. and now living for more than a year in the North of thailand.

The province Chiang-Rai.

My first visa NON"O" Multiple entry on base of marriage (got it in Holland) was expired last january.

A friend told me that i have to go to Penang for a new visa.

That was correct i get a new visa but only 3 months valid.

So at the end of April i have to go again. I have the cetificate of marriage and a bank account with over 800.000 THB.

That al is no problem.

Bur where can i for sure get again the NON"O" Multiple entry , Some speak Kuala Lumpur other Singapore.

It's no problem to go to one off them , but i don't want to come back again with only a 3 month visa.

Because it still cost a lot, sure when you have to go every 3 months.

With best regards.

Singapore seems to be a sure bet with anything over 400k in a bank account anywhere. You also need marriage certificate/copy and copy of wife ID card and home register. She should sign and date them.

You would probably also receive a multi in KL or Penang with that proof but Singapore seems to be more willing to list what is required.

Singapore seems to be a sure bet with anything over 400k in a bank account anywhere. You also need marriage certificate/copy and copy of wife ID card and home register. She should sign and date them.

You would probably also receive a multi in KL or Penang with that proof but Singapore seems to be more willing to list what is required.

Thank you Little Beer and Lopburi3 these are good answers where you can do something with.

Now is comming up a second question , Is there any experiance with how lang it takes to get this visa ,

When we go out from monday morning apply , wen would it be ready for pick up.

I ask this so i can calculate the flight back to BKK.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards easyman.

Sorry, but am I missing something here? You have the requirements for an annual extension of stay. A 3 month visa is all you need. Then you go in to Immigration in Thailand with the paperwork and have it extended.

The requirement is 40k family income - he has said nothing in this thread about having that; and he is too young for retirement.

You apply for visa in morning and pick up about noon next workday. Allow for any holidays of either country and late flights.

Sorry, but am I missing something here? You have the requirements for an annual extension of stay. A 3 month visa is all you need. Then you go in to Immigration in Thailand with the paperwork and have it extended.

Correct , but for an extension you also need an income off 40K a month. workpermit , job and all these i don't have.

We have an income but not enough.

The requirement is 40k family income - he has said nothing in this thread about having that; and he is too young for retirement.

You apply for visa in morning and pick up about noon next workday. Allow for any holidays of either country and late flights.

Oooooooopppps right you are, I was harkening back to days long gone :o

Thank you very much Lopburi3.

I will have to search the internet for those holidays of either coutry for that.

I was planned to go on Sunday 27 April and on Monday 28 April for aplly my visa.

Hi,

I'm new to this forum too...

I am Married to a Female Thai National, we have two children together in Thailand. I have a class O visa that I extended for a year nearly 12 months ago.

Is was told today that the rules have changed and that in order for a lass O visa extention, a work permit is required. Any one know if this is true?

Any advise will be well recieved.

Hi,

I'm new to this forum too...

I am Married to a Female Thai National, we have two children together in Thailand. I have a class O visa that I extended for a year nearly 12 months ago.

Is was told today that the rules have changed and that in order for a lass O visa extention, a work permit is required. Any one know if this is true?

Any advise will be well recieved.

Hello Callmetim,

By this i'm not sure , but what i heard about that was , wen you have the old rule , you can keep the old rule.

But if you want to be sure just call a immigration office ( better if your spousse call) and just ask.

And don't wait to long TIME FLIES. Better pick a smaller immigration office. They have more time than in BKK.

Good luck, easyman.

Edited by easyman

It is not required to have a work permit in order to get an extension of stay. If it is an extension based on marriage, you do not need a work permit. A work permit is only required if you are getting an extension of stay based on employment.

It is not required to have a work permit in order to get an extension of stay. If it is an extension based on marriage, you do not need a work permit. A work permit is only required if you are getting an extension of stay based on employment.

Correct JS :o

Thanks..

Out of interest I origionally applied a year ago in Siracha and was told "need a work permit" I went straight to BKK and got the year visa no probs. Today when I enquired for an extension at BKK imigration I received the work permit story again....

Seems like a lucky dip!!

Must be miscommunication on someones part.

If they require a work permit for an extension of stay, then everyone that is here on retirement extensions of stay will have to leave. Everyone that is here on the basis of family that do not work in Thailand but have a Thai spouse that works will have to leave. Everyone that is over 50 and staying with their Thai child and not working will have to leave. Everyone that is here studying on education visa, children and adults will have to leave.

On what basis where you applying for your extension of stay?

Did you have a current Embassy letter outlining your income? The income was above 40k? Were you told that was not usable? Did you have paperwork to support the letter? What exactly did you use for proof of 40k family income last year?

I visited the imigration office to enquire what I needed in order to prepare.

I wanted to know specifically if my wife needed to acompany me, if I needed bank statments or an embassy letter, photo copies or true certified copies, etc.

From the comments to date I think I'll prepare what I used for the oriinal application and see what gives.

One of tge forms is grey, it mentions a bit "If working need permit etc....."

Take originals of marriage certificate, bank books, wife's ID card (Photocopy) and any other documentation you think relevant.

As I have said before in many posts, "It's a long way back to Bangkok for that piece of paper in your top drawer".

The confusion for me (and it seems some officers) is reflected on Thai visa.com's info page: http://www.thaivisa.com/304.0.html

Documents to submit for visa based on marriage to a Thai national

• Application Form TM.7.
  • Copy and original of passport or substitute document.
  • One 4*6 cm photo
  • Marriage certificate
  • 1,900 Baht fee
  • If an alien is the supporter, he must submit financial evidence, proof of employment, work permit and tax receipts.
    THere are Thai and English forms at imigration that mention different requirements.....the English one has a part that says "In case of working " need work permit, evidence of 40k income/month. The Thai form mentions needing 400k baht in the bank

I'll let you konw how I get on.

The confusion for me (and it seems some officers) is reflected on Thai visa.com's info page: http://www.thaivisa.com/304.0.html

Documents to submit for visa based on marriage to a Thai national

• Application Form TM.7.
  • Copy and original of passport or substitute document.
  • One 4*6 cm photo
  • Marriage certificate
  • 1,900 Baht fee
  • If an alien is the supporter, he must submit financial evidence, proof of employment, work permit and tax receipts.
    THere are Thai and English forms at imigration that mention different requirements.....the English one has a part that says "In case of working " need work permit, evidence of 40k income/month. The Thai form mentions needing 400k baht in the bank

I'll let you konw how I get on.

No confusion. Look at this.

Read 7.17 (6)

Or get the Wife to read the Thai version

Edited by Lite Beer

Thank you very much Lopburi3.

I will have to search the internet for those holidays of either coutry for that.

I was planned to go on Sunday 27 April and on Monday 28 April for aplly my visa.

Im planning to go to KL on the 27th-29th April as well, does anyone know if there are any public holidays during this period?

decided to look it up, holidays in Malaysia 2008

http://www.qppstudio.net/publicholidays2008/malaysia.htm

It's good that you look it up, but don't forget to look also to Thai holidays, because then also is the consulat closed.

not only at malaysia holidays.

Good point easyman. I can see 2007 Holidays listed on Thaivisa but not 2008??

However after Songkran 13-16 April, I think the next one is 1st May (National Labour Day) so we should be fine for this trip.