Cooking Classes In Chiang Rai?

travelgirlatl

Can anyone recommend a good cooking class/school in Chiang Rai besides the one at the Anantara? Thats the only one I've been able to find any information on, but I would prefer to do one that is less expensive and closer into town (we're staying at the Legend). I read someplace that the Wangcome offers one, but have not been able to find any additional details. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Can anyone recommend a good cooking class/school in Chiang Rai besides the one at the Anantara? Thats the only one I've been able to find any information on, but I would prefer to do one that is less expensive and closer into town (we're staying at the Legend). I read someplace that the Wangcome offers one, but have not been able to find any additional details. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

There's an add for Thai cooking classes inside the night Bazar near a little bar which is next to the toilets. The girl speaks perfect english.

This might help.

There's an add for Thai cooking classes inside the night Bazar near a little bar which is next to the toilets. The girl speaks perfect english.

This might help.

She also speaks dutch for the dutch and belgium under us. never did her cooking class so can't say anyting about that.

There is a nice Thai lady who speaks good english and gives cooking classes.

Her name is Suwannee. I noticed her flyer at Doi Chaang Coffee House and had a little chat with her.

She also takes you to a local market to do some shopping for the cooking class.

Her cooking classes are not expensive at all, comparing to the ones at the Hotels/resorts.

She also mentioned arranging little trips around Chiang Rai.

That time I was very interested and saved her flyer, still have it.

Please PM me when you need her phone number.

I can recomend Suwannee's Thai cooking class. She is a very nice Thai lady and as mentioned in some other posts she speaks really good english...and fluent dutch.

You can also try her tourist tours in and around Chiangrai. She will sure take very good care of you. Ok, I'm a good friend of hers but I promise you that you not will be disappointed. Maybe I'll post some pictures from her cooking class later if it's Ok with her...She might be a little busy at the moment since she is opening her own café near the Night Market in april...

I also have her phone number if you are interested.

It is a fantastic experience. Suwannee has opened my eyes for the beauty of the market. I learned much about the Thai ingredients. The place where she is holding the classes (6 people maximum) is well installed. I took three classes,because I like cooking :D and was even able to manage to cook not too spicy :D . Absolutely recommendable :o

Phone 084 7407119, costs 750 BHT per person

This might help.

She also speaks dutch for the dutch and belgium under us. never did her cooking class so can't say anyting about that.

That sound's like K. Aye. When she and Hans lived in Ban Du(?) (maybe still do?), my brother came for a visit. He likes to cook so I gave him K. Aye's week-long cooking class as a gift. He couldn't say enough about how much he enjoyed the experience. She had her own cookbook, gave demonstration classes, etc, etc. Maybe she's too busy at her restaurant now? Maybe she gives classes there?

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Me and my friends took 1 day cooking couse with Suwannee , it was a wonderful experience, it's not only cooking course what we got from her but also market tour ,see the way of life from local people at the market and the temples around there, for us was a highlight of our trip, thanks you so much Suwannee angel woman. :)