Changing From Non B To Non O Visa With Work Permit

Hi All,

I am looking for a bit of advise – I have a 1 year non B multi entry business visa with work permit and my visa expires on the 15th May. I have recently got married and I understand that it is possible to convert my Non B to a Non O marriage visa here in Bangkok at immigration as long as you have a work permit, a monthly salary of at least 40,000 B, proof of marriage ect……..This is something which is of great interest as I will not have to do a border run every 3 months with my current Non B multi entry and no dreaded visit to KL.

Has anyone had any experience in doing this or knows exactly what paperwork is needed and also how much time is needed to apply before the Non B expires?

Cheers

LP

The question is when does your permitted to stay (entry) end? Extensions of stay are normally accepted during the last 30 days of any 90 day stay. There is no change of visa required - you just extend your present entry for family reasons. Tax payments are the normal requirement for local income but you should be a list of requirements from your immigration office. It will include your passport/copies, work permit, tax receipts, departure card, marriage certificate, her ID card, her home register, photos together at home and showing house number, map to house, interviews, TM.7 form, 4x6cm passport photo taken in last six months and 1,900 baht. They will probably also want a local bank passbook/copies and letter of account balance to match it from bank manager. You will need signed copies of just about everything.

The question is when does your permitted to stay (entry) end? Extensions of stay are normally accepted during the last 30 days of any 90 day stay. There is no change of visa required - you just extend your present entry for family reasons. Tax payments are the normal requirement for local income but you should be a list of requirements from your immigration office. It will include your passport/copies, work permit, tax receipts, departure card, marriage certificate, her ID card, her home register, photos together at home and showing house number, map to house, interviews, TM.7 form, 4x6cm passport photo taken in last six months and 1,900 baht. They will probably also want a local bank passbook/copies and letter of account balance to match it from bank manager. You will need signed copies of just about everything.

Thanks Lopburi3

So it's just a question of filling in the TM.7 form "I wish to apply for an extension of temporary stay in the Kingdom of Thailand for another period of 365 days" as well as having all the other paperwork obviously?

Cheers

LP

I don't get what the benefit of changing from B to O is??

Sorry for hijacking your thread but... I currently have multi B with WP but I am shortly to end my job, my Visa will expire in June (I will get a further 90 day entry before it expires) so I need a new one. I am British but I emailed Perth as they issued the last one to me with just company docs and no WP, as an alternative I asked if they would issue a multi O based on living with a Thai partner (unmarried) and they said no problem just bring copy of her ID card and passport. They also said I would not be able to work on a O, but I am pretty sure this is wrong!

He is asking about change to apply for one year extension of stay based on family. He can continue to work on such a visa extension and if he lost his employment would not have to immediately leave as he would have to do if on an extension of stay for employment.