Why Don't Bands Play Pattaya

DJ Pat

Should pop bands include Pattaya on their tour?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In the last three years, I've seen many bands play Bangkok that could have easily included a date in Pattaya due to the large farang population...

I mean the likes of:

Bryan Ferry / The Pretenders

Blue

The Eagles

Santana

Pet Shop Boys

Craig David

Black Eyed Peas

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Could have easily slipped in a date.

Do you think it'll become the norm soon?

The Pattaya Music festival is ###### with all the traffic, drunken kids etc.

There is simply no venue big enough for bands like that to play in Pattaya.

Nor would there be enough people to fill them up!

The fees the organizer has to pay to a band like The Eagles is so huge they need a venue with at least 10000 persons capacity. The Bec Tero hall in Bangkok can seat 10000 people and they still have to sell out and ask prices of between 1000 and 10000 Baht/seat to have a reasonable chance of breaking even/making profit.

It simply would be impossible to organize it in open air, the risk of being rained out would be a financial catastrophy for the organizers!

It is very strange you bring this topic up, because I have been thinking the exact same thing over the last few weeks. Why don't bands come to play in Pattaya? I think the venue issue could be solved soon, as they are building an indoor sports stadium in Pattaya. I am sure there are enough people both in the farang and local population to make it worthwhile. I think the Hard Rock Hotel should attract some big names.....but no...they like the Filipino bands. Maybe someone should buy The House of Blues franchise...and bring some big names to Pattaya. :o

What about the BLUES FACTORY Walking street

Bryan Ferry / The Pretenders

Blue

The Eagles

Santana

Pet Shop Boys

Craig David

Black Eyed Peas

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

They have a fantastic cover band playing nightly the lead guitarist is of the finnest on plannet earth, they cover a large amount of music including many of the bands listed above.

Free admission drinks about 100bht. Closes 2am

There are two bands that play.

On a wednesday night, it is better as only one band plays and it is a best of the two bands.

Give it a look

Do you think it'll become the norm soon?

No.

Bangkok is not far away and it would need a lot more than a few Westerners to fill any venue capable of holding enough people to make it pay.

Linkin Park was attended by around 30000 Thais and under a hundred Westerners. Outside with tickets 600-2500.

Pattaya Music Festival attracts ALL the major Thai bands for free but does have a lot of teenagers there. Like those in the picture you posted a few weeks back.

It is the same arond the world . big bands play big places.

It won't happen, as said before, there is no where big enough in pattaya.

The Blues Factory is too small for an advertised gig, (we're extremely lucky anyway to have great musicians join us occasionally, its nicer because they can relax without being hassled).

The Blues series will continue next month with Morten Golten "Dr Hammond" (we now have a hammond organ on the stage), then possibly Danny Hull (The Doobie Brothers) and in january "Mason Ruffner" :o

Having good acoustics makes the Blues Factory a nice place soundwise and obviously with Lam Morrison et al adding to the quality.

Its just that I've heard of bands cancelling Bangkok gigs when i've been so sure that more farangs woulda snapped up tickets in pattaya.

as far as i know The Blues Factory is the ONLY quality pure live music place in pattaya

Plenty of other places

i.e soi 7 beach road WE ARE THE WORLD BAR, fantastic music great band, drinks 50-60bht

Walking street cant remmber the name of the bar, but on the right hand side Fantastic band, playing similar stuff to the blues factory but more newer gear like Nivarna, Avril Lavene.

Futher up walking street on the right hand side before you get to TONY'S Disco (the deerest place in town) there is a band in an outside bar, i noticed that the keyboard player from the Blues factory played there early evening. yet another good band,

I have found some great bands in Pattaya, Jontiem and Bangkok. I love live music so for me it is heaven,

as far as i know The Blues Factory is the ONLY quality pure live music place in pattaya

Plenty of other places

i.e soi 7 beach road WE ARE THE WORLD BAR, fantastic music great band, drinks 50-60bht

Walking street cant remmber the name of the bar, but on the right hand side Fantastic band, playing similar stuff to the blues factory but more newer gear like Nivarna, Avril Lavene.

Futher up walking street on the right hand side before you get to TONY'S Disco (the deerest place in town) there is a band in an outside bar, i noticed that the keyboard player from the Blues factory played there early evening. yet another good band,

I have found some great bands in Pattaya, Jontiem and Bangkok. I love live music so for me it is heaven,

But surely they don't compare! :D

The band playing near Tony's were Lam Morrisons band, they've now (from last night) finished at The Blues Factory and starting wednesday on Lam's rock night is the new Lam Morrison band, trust me they are the nuts, (from The Rock Pub in Bangkok)

We won't be beaten when it comes to live music in Pattaya. :o

And music is only a small part of the entertainment.

The owner and his wife make the music even more pleasurable.

Not so often do you get the music, the ambiance and the right people.

All the power to you, Dave... :D

The band playing near Tony's were Lam Morrisons band, they've now (from last night) finished at The Blues Factory and starting wednesday on Lam's rock night is the new Lam Morrison band, trust me they are the nuts, (from The Rock Pub in Bangkok)

What time? :D

Plenty of other places

But surely they don't compare! :D

We won't be beaten when it comes to live music in Pattaya. :D

I didnt realise it was a competition,

the Blues factory is great, though a change is as good as a rest, some of the music played at the other bars is not played in the blues factory. Variety is the spice of life.

I enjoy all of the live entertainment bars.. :o

What time? :D

10 pm on wednesday and 1230am everynight except monday :D

Personally I prefer the duo's playing in the little open bars outside the Blues Factory - don't have to put up with DT then :D:D:wub:

ooohhh :D

Thats not fair! you have'nt even revealed yourself yet, your still a mystery. :o

-_-

I didnt realise it was a competition

it is in my eyes :D:(

While The Blues Factory is being discussed i might as well add some more info. :D

The new revised houseband "The Blues Machine" has 2 new members, Mary who was the front lady for "Tony's" is now performing with the band (work permits arrived :D ) and Morten Golton, better known as "Dr Hammond" will be twinkling the ivories of his Hammond organ (the only full restored Hammond organ in Thailand i'm told :o ), (when his permit arrives :D .for now he jams a couple of hours a week.

Worth a look, :D

if i say so myself :wub:

Thanks for the info Dave.

Will have to get myself down there again, it’s been quite a long time.

Got to agree with cutethaigirl about bringing back the dancing girls.

Spiced things up a bit, before and in-between the bands, and in good taste I might add.

While I was there mainly for the good music, my wife liked to watch the professional dancers more. :o

Thanks for the info Dave.

Will have to get myself down there again, it’s been quite a long time.

Got to agree with cutethaigirl about bringing back the dancing girls.

Spiced things up a bit, before and in-between the bands, and in good taste I might add.

While I was there mainly for the good music, my wife liked to watch the professional dancers more. :D

the problem with the dancing girls was customers barfining them to often or them leaving work to marry, then of course when your left with 2 girls it is'nt worth doing a dance routine with the risk of it looking cheap and tacky.

The other reason of course is not worrying about the girls as gladly the customers were finally coming for the music. :D

Agreed though, breaktimes need to be spiced up a bit.

:o