Driving Lessons For Thai

i would say a minimum of 20 hours, should cost no more than 5000 baht.

dont know where in thailand you are so cant give a recommendation.

i hear the going rate to guarntee a first time pass is 1000 to 2000 baht depending on where the test is being sat.

There is a school on the corner or LadPhrao and Ratchada, it looks like a real classy affair with the tin shack under the trees and witches hats everywhere.

I wonder do they actually take new drivers out onto the streets for practice, or is that deemed too risky. Or they they just set them loose after 20 hours.

The jalopies they use make a wreckers yard look good.

• 1 month later...

There is a school on the corner or LadPhrao and Ratchada, it looks like a real classy affair with the tin shack under the trees and witches hats everywhere.

School LadPhrao will help her to get the license, even if she fail the test (about 95% do!!)

The "extra fee" is 1000 Baht. The school is easy to find, just near the underground station.

WCA

• 10 months later...
any more comments about this school? do they have english language lessons?

My GF uses this place, too. Close to our pad.

The first time there she drove a seriously beaten up Pickup truck. After that a Vios. She has only driven 1st gear so far and reverse. They give you the license after 10-20hrs. Seems quite laxs. That is without ONE SINGLE minute on the street. Up to you practice with some one experienced or take additional lessons on the street.

She wants a twin turbo'd 5 series beamer :o

Elevated expressway, here we come... :D

I have a gauge that will tell on the quality of driving instructions, whichever the school: does the car used for coaching has a handbrake?

My wife took lessons and got her licence, and does not know how to drive off while stopped on a slope. She said the car used for coaching does not have any handbrake.

They give you the license after 10-20hrs. Seems quite laxs. That is without ONE SINGLE minute on the street. Up to you practice with some one experienced or take additional lessons on the street.

Seems like a license to kill...moving a 1 tonne object at 80-90 km/h in a public area.

• 1 month later...

I paid 4000 baht for 20 hours instruction for my wife about three years ago in Chonburi. It consisted of 16 hours instruction on the road and 4 hours teaching her the parking manoeuvres for the test.

One the day she took her test the worst failure I saw was a man who reversed into a pole while attempting to reverse parallel park.

A lot of people do that you might say.............. but he was taking his test in a TUK TUK. :)