Non Immigrant O Visa

I'm in Thailand at present and will be needing to apply for Non O (my current tourist visa expires 24th) soon on basis of marriage to my wife.

Iv'e never applied for Non O before and am able to fly pretty much anywhere I can get a ticket booked. I'd like to apply for a Non O multiple, I don't have 800k in funds to show for Non O at Singapore so thats out of the question, which Embassy would you reccommend I visit? I can always fall back on Hull UK, but Im leaving it a bit late for flight tickets possibly leaving this month. Is Aussy worth a try as commonwealth citizen? Or anywhere nearer to Thailand to apply for non o multi? I have no idea and its time I booked things! Thanks in advance for any advice!

Best

DSG

Singapore requires 400k in a bank account anywhere with marriage certificate/copy of wife ID card and home register. KL may issue without financial conditions and Penang has also sometimes issued. Best bet in the area would probably be the Oz smaller Consulates Many people have also used Consulates located in the Middle East.

I'm in the same boat and would be very interested to hear from anyone that has renewed a non immigrant O from either Penang or Hong Kong.

By the way - I have had non imm O visas from Brisbane, and yes - they are a friendly bunch. There was no requirement for money in the bank when I was there a couple of years ago.

Edited by AlarmGuy