$$ For Maids

brandie

• 3 years later...

Dear All,

I am Malaysian and I had a bad experience with Cambodian Maid on top of other negative comments on Philipine & Indonesia.

May I know if someone could recommend a real good live-in maid (Thailand) to work in Malaysia?

My budget is THB5000-7000.....

Email: <<Use PM>

Edited by thaiphoon
E-mail address removed per forum rules.

Very unlikely a Thai will go work as maid for that rate in Malaysia.

Thai women that go do domestic work in Malaysia tend to go to the small restaurants (often serving basic Thai food). They earn around 1,000 to 1,200 ringgit per month. Those that do the cooking make more Some meals And in some cases, accomm also provided by employer.

You'd have to offer better incentive than what they make in Thailand :) or similar jobs but better pay that they can get in Malaysia.

You get what you pay for. I happily pay my staff more than the usual rate and throw in some bonuses now and then (if they have been proven trustworthy and won't leave within a few months). A higher salary and bonuses usually keeps them motivated. A few thousand baht per month extra is nothing for most of us but can be a big impact on quality of life for the staff's family. To pay your live-in maid 5k per month (in Bangkok) is just degrading especially if she has a family to support.

Edited by differentbutsamesame

Im just curious here.

Are the Maid or Nanny jobs physically harder than other (service or industrial) jobs?

They work longer hours?

Do the living arrangements come in addition to the salary?

What about food?

And usage of the employer's washing machines, dryers, etc, for personal stuff? Is this ok?

The reason for the questions, is it seem to me these jobs are high paid jobs, when we talk about unskilled workforce.

Again, Im just curious about this. Have no knowledge in this

I guess it boils down to demand and supply

Domestic help is becoming more scarce to find (to my knowledge). Many now prefer to work in industrial factories, or basic sales jobs. Might not be more money,but has other advantages in the workers views.

Fixed hours

More freedom to come and go and have their own social life

More opportunities to meet people, dress up, meet the opposite gender (ESP those that work in sales, shop front, customer service)

And for Bkk, there is also the rise of part time / per hour/ per half day cleaning staff. These people can make more money than what used to be the conventional going rate for live in help.

To me at least, all the above would contribute to lower supply and hence higher price

(not factored in the rise of migrant workers - many of whom are also working as domestic help)

We have had 5 nannies all ranging from 5500 - 10000.

The best one was the cheapest but she started stealing so we had to finish her.

The one we have now is 10,000 because we wanted someone with experience.

I would not say she is the best but she is ok.

Be careful of nannies that know too much and push on the "feel sorry" factor to get their job higher paid and less work.

At the end of the day this is someone who will be in your house and aropund your families so make sure you get the right one.