The Londoner & The Office

DavidS

The Londoner used to serve the best Chili Con Carne in Bangkok.

I went in there last week and ordered it for the first time in 4 years, it was bluddy awful, far too salty, tasteless and it looked like a child's portion, they were also charging 110 baht for a Tomaoto Juice.

I am not surprised its dead in there, I won't be going back anytime soon. :D

But I did enjoy a smoke outside :o

I ordered food from there last night to be delivered, in the past the food has always been good, but last night I was very dissapointed. I will look elsehwere in the future when looking for Western food. I'll agree with TP, as the Chilli was crap, the Shepards Pie was very average and Pork knuckle was so, so. Shame, as I have always thought the food was good, but last night............Profits, before product. :D

Ate in there last Saturday - the food was excellent, including the pigs knuckle - never had food delivered from there though...

Have to say the gaff was absolutely dead though - apart from the missus and I there were 5 other customers in there - with more staff than that hanging around kicking their heels (this was about 3.00pm I guess)

Can it really be to do with the smoking ban? Walked past the Robin Hood en route and it looked mobbed, and presumably they're subject to the same smoking ban? RH is a better place to drink than the Londoner imho but the food is nothing like as good...

CC

I did eat in there again last week, as I've normally had good meals in there, so was a little dissapointed with the previous order.

Anyway, the service was good, as it normally has been in the past. I ate the lamb shanks, which are one of my favourites and it was very good. All of us went away fully contented and full. Must have had an off day order the week before.

It was fairly busy, but not over crowded which was perfect. As for the Robin Hood, I think that is always a little busier for two reasons,it's more of a drinking pub, and it's a little bit smaller and lighter in that it has windows. If I'm off for a few beers in that area I normally go to the Robin Hood.

Edited by mrtoad

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wednesday's still seem to be a big party at Londoner's. The bar allows smoking and drinking out on the patio. The smoking patrons took the party outside when I was there. I personally stopped going to those bars for one reason....price. Tourists can pay western prices for food and drink, but locals take their money elsewhere. The price increases in tourist areas have gotten ridiculous.

Thanks for the warning. I was thinking of moving to the Londoner from the Dubliner - where I have my Sunday brekki sometimes. 380 baht they charge (without a drink). Sounds like the Londoner would be just as bad.

I hear the Dubiner brekkie is pretty good, but if you do fancy a change, try The Black Swan, the only place I've found with 'Real Sausages'.

I did eat in there again last week, as I've normally had good meals in there, so was a little dissapointed with the previous order.

Anyway, the service was good, as it normally has been in the past. I ate the lamb shanks, which are one of my favourites and it was very good. All of us went away fully contented and full. Must have had an off day order the week before.

It was fairly busy, but not over crowded which was perfect. As for the Robin Hood, I think that is always a little busier for two reasons,it's more of a drinking pub, and it's a little bit smaller and lighter in that it has windows. If I'm off for a few beers in that area I normally go to the Robin Hood.

Yes, I agree, the RH feels like more of a 'pub' than the Londoner which is a sort of pub / restaurant cross. RH even has Beer Lao Dark too :o so I guess I'll see you in there some time ... :D

Yes, I agree, the RH feels like more of a 'pub' than the Londoner which is a sort of pub / restaurant cross. RH even has Beer Lao Dark too :o so I guess I'll see you in there some time ... :D

:D Next time you're in town CC.