Longer Term Visit Visa 1,2,5 Or 10 Year

Going back to the uk with my wife of 18 months to sort out my business and a few family matters, which is going to take longer than 6 months to sort out.

Our intention is to to come back to Thailand after everything is done in around 12-18 months with maybe 1 or 2 visits to see family here in between.

Have just been looking on the British Embassy site and seen the "Longer term visit visa 1,2,5 or 10 year" Which seems to suit our needs, but not sure if i just fill in a VAF 1. If so due we submit the same paperwork we would applying for just a Visit Visa ?

Apart from the cost Longer Term Visit Visa 13,325 baht and the Settlement Visa 33,475 can we also apply for the L.T.V.V. as a multi entry so we can come and go easily without re-applying everytime.

Seems too easy ?

Anyone previous experiance of this Longer Term Visit Visa ?

The difficulty with the longer term visit visas is that although they still allow the holder to visit for up to six months at a time, if the immigration officer at the airport in the UK were to perceive your wife to be spending "too long" in the UK in this capacity, he might refuse her entry. Long term visit visas are more for a number of short visits, rather than back-to-back 6-month visits.

In the circumstances you describe, your wife will be better advised to apply for a settlement visa.

Scouse.

The difficulty with the longer term visit visas is that although they still allow the holder to visit for up to six months at a time, if the immigration officer at the airport in the UK were to perceive your wife to be spending "too long" in the UK in this capacity, he might refuse her entry. Long term visit visas are more for a number of short visits, rather than back-to-back 6-month visits.

In the circumstances you describe, your wife will be better advised to apply for a settlement visa.

Scouse.

Think this maybe be a catch 22 situation.

The problem with this is that when we come to LOS for a visit it maybe for more than the 6 weeks that the settlement visa allows which would put us back to the long term visit visa and this doesn't allow us to be more than 6 months in the UK.

So i can get a 10 year multi entry visit visa for my wife but she is not guaranteed a re-entry to the UK after a stay of 6 months OR i can get a settlement visa and she's not pemitted to be out of the uk for more than 6 weeks without losing her settlement visa ?

And people complain about the visa rules and regulations here, this makes me laugh !

As another option if i were to make my wife a non profit sharing, non paid, sleeping partner in my UK business would this change her visa rights in the UK ?