Extension To Non O Multi Entry

I'm in my mid 50's and currently have a non-immigrant o multi entry visa which I can use for 12 months plus.

I had one a few years ago and when it expired I just flew back to the UK and just applied for a new non-immigrant o multi entry at Birmingham,after spending 18 months back in England.

This time,when the visa expires,I want to extend my stay in Thailand,if possible.

Am I right in thinking that you can go to somewhere like Vientiane,Penang or Singapore to get a 60/90 day extension ?

If you can do this what documentation do you need to take with you eg.proof of income etc ?

Thanks for any help.

You can go to Immigration inside Thailand with proof of 65k per month income (embassy letterhead), 3 months proof of 800k baht in a Thai bank account or a combination of the two and extend your stay for retirement during the last 30 days of any entry.

You can not extend your stay outside of Thailand. You can obtain another multi entry visa with proof of 800k in a bank account somewhere at Royal Thai Consulate Singapore. Or you could obtain tourist visas for 60 day entry - Vientiane will currently issue a two entry.

You can go to Immigration inside Thailand with proof of 65k per month income (embassy letterhead), 3 months proof of 800k baht in a Thai bank account or a combination of the two and extend your stay for retirement during the last 30 days of any entry.

You can not extend your stay outside of Thailand. You can obtain another multi entry visa with proof of 800k in a bank account somewhere at Royal Thai Consulate Singapore. Or you could obtain tourist visas for 60 day entry - Vientiane will currently issue a two entry.

Once done are there any travel restrictions during the 12 month extension?

If you want to leave and return during that 12 month period, you would need to get a re-entry permit from immigration or the airport that would allow you to return and stay until the date on your original extension. So if you are allowed to stay until April 3, 2009, and you want to go somewhere next month, you would get a re-entry permit prior to leaving. Then when you come back, they would stamp you back in until April 3, 2009 again. You can get a single re-entry permit for 1000baht, or multiple for 3800 baht.

Thanks lopburi3,

My visa actually expires at the beginning of September.

So,say,at the end of July/early August I go along to Immigration with proof of my monthly income/bank account in Thailand on a British Embassy letterhead that should suffice?

Is 30 days sufficient time for them to process my application or do they stamp my passport to the effect that a visa application is under review ?

Cheers.

Your extension for one year is immediately (or overnight) issued. Once issued you can obtain a re-entry permit if you plan travel during the year. You could do on the last day of your permitted to stay but better to do with about 3 weeks remaining in case of any missing paperwork. For retirement the monthly income/pension would be on Embassy letterhead (for UK you some them some documentation and they provide the next day) or a bank passbook/copies and a letter from bank manager of account balance (proof of overseas source and three months in account should also be in letter or obvious by other paperwork).