Scampy's Diary

FOREWORD:

By The Gentleman Scamp

I never would have thought of starting something like this ten months ago when I first joined Thaivisa.com, but it's an idea that hit me today, one which I hesitated on at first when I considered the following qestions I could potentially encounter.

Why start a public dairy - who do you think you are?

I'm just a guy struggling to survive and find my place in expat society, in search of the contentment that many have done before me, many will do after and many are doing now as I am.

I've always had a voice and been deprived of many a creative outlet and from the recent postings on my love life it seems there is an interest and a slight demand even for the entertainment that 'reality TV' provides back in our homeland. It just happens to be me who accidentally started it and has recognised it's potential.

Finally, I could e-mail a link to any friends and family back home who want to keep abreast of whats going on in my life. That said, I've been so bad at keeping in touch that I rarely get any e-mails any more so interest has probably waned considerably.

Who's gonna be interested?

Not everyone, that's for sure - probably only those who know me and they who influenced the idea in the first place, those who were hooked on the Ning story and those who have suggested I write a book which is something I will consider one day. These people have given me a boost and made me realise that I should do more of what I do well, which is writing and being frank about it - not to everyone's liking but it's the way I am and has been mostly to my benefit.

Don't you have better things to do?

Yes, and I'm doing them... This will only take a few minutes a day when I'm online anyway. So long as the mods don't mind, I've started it in this forum as there's plenty of room here and it's not in everyone's face.

Is this forum your life?

No, but it's often my social life and it wasn't for Thaivisa.com then I wouldn't have the friends and contacts I have made as a result, I wouldn't have a canvas on which to speak or be creative. The original farangs I knew in Thailand before I came here have all moved on now and I have re-located, found work and made some very good friends as a result of this forum so I suppose it does mean more to me than it does many.

Privacy?

I will not be 100% open about everything and I will certainly not post any information on fellow members who I am associated with without their consent.

What can we expect?

I don't know, what can I expect from my life in the coming weeks or months? That's why it could be interesting. It may however sink like a stone but we'll see. :o

What to you lot think anyway?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SATURDAY OCT 2nd

It's 9PM on Saturday night and I have quit my soul destroying job (yesterday) as deputy manager of two local restaurants but departed on very amicable terms with my European boss who may even be able to get my deposit back for me, the one I put on the nice little house that 1 month previous I thought I would be sharing happily with Ning, the girl who for the fist time today actually rang to say she missed me (she's bored in Lampang see).

I plan to go to Phuket very soon and 'seek my fortune' so to speak and leave all this behind me.

I am very tired after my night out with Splitlid who is staying the weekend and he has just called to arrange to meet up in town.

That's actually it for now - I'm very tired from last nights shennanigans and don't know if I have the stamina to do it again.

I'll be happy with a couple of games of pool and some much needed rest.

I have to go now but I feel this first post hasn't been interesting enough, not all of them will be I suppose and next time I will put more of my thoughts down... Maybe.

If there is a next time that is. :o

Oh sweet jiminy... More from the Scamp.

Nah, only joking mate. The Ning story had me compelled, and if you make a habit of writing so well, then I´m sure ´Scampy´s Diary´ will too.

Good luck with your choices and as the irish saying goes,

"may the road come up to meet you kindly".

(it met my front teeth at about 70 kph a few months back!)

As the DJ in Res Dogs would have said had he known about TV.com...

"Keep on Posting here on WwwTVC"

Chris (kayo)

Finally, I could e-mail a link to any friends and family back home who want to keep abreast of whats going on in my life. That said, I've been so bad at keeping in touch that I rarely get any e-mails any more so interest has probably waned considerably.

Is that a good idea? Knowing life in Thailand, people on this forum will understand what you are going through but by telling your family and friends back home to visit this forum you become vulnerable to criticism or gossip, and your story might cause some of them to worry about you...

You could make a shorter version by posting on a site like opendiary.com (there is a free section) and people back home will even be able to leave you some notes...

(it met my front teeth at about 70 kph a few months back!)

Don't use the front break if it's wet... I once lost my front teeth when I was 10 yrs old. I was daft enough to use my shoe as a break by rubbing it against the front tyre. Within seconds the tread caught the rim of my sole and jammed my foot in the front fork, sending my bike and I cartwheeling down the road.

My face for the following weeks? Try rubbing a peach or a tomato along a brick wall - you'll get the general idea. :D

Scampy, just remember that Patong is not Phuket  Try Rawai

Whoa! Who said I was going to Patong RD?

As it happens, I am going to Patong but only for my short 'pre-stay' period to "check things out" as Americans say. Where i'll end up in a couple of weeks is anybody's guess, but given the oppertunity I would like to explore the nicer side of Phukers.

telling your family and friends back home to visit this forum you become vulnerable to criticism or gossip

Good point, I'm no longer in contact really with my mother and father (who are no relation and have never been together - I'll explain one day) and I may just inform a couple of close friends back home. You made a good point.

If I met another girl who was as tall as Ning and she turned out to be a winkletucker saving up for her op and exploiting me to pay for it then I would never live it down and I would only be a bigger and blacker sheep.

Jeez and I thought he was gonna run DAIRY cattle

Gumph! :o I was in a hurry 'cause Splitlid was waiting for me, but look, I've put an apostrophe to replace the 'be' at the beginning of because and I also realiz-oh nevermind. Doc, you wouldn't correct it for me would you? Otherwise I'll have Random Chances in here after my blood. BTW, did you mean dairy cattle farm? :D

It may however sink like a stone but we'll see.

So far so so. :D

That's actually maybe a little negative, I was dreading looking in here today but I'm pleasantly surprised.

Too bad you can't change the title scampy, I thought it was about dairy farming too! Thought you had followed ramdom's example. :o Then I find it's a blog. You should try blogspot or something similar. Maybe you'd get a larger audience that way :DBlog website

SUNDAY OCT 3rd

1PM

I'm so hungry I could eat a family pack of toilet rolls, not on their own of course. Shit rag and apricot jam would have been an original idea for the menu at the restaurant where I recently finished working.

It's a dull, wet and grey Sunday and the relentless Godpiss has dampened not only my two red towels that hang off my balcony but also my motivation for finding food.

I'm sitting in an internet cafe, which is pretty obvious really, I'm hardly going to be riding my bike to Cha Am as I type this am I, and it's common knowledge to most of those familiar with me that I can't afford a tuna sandwich, let alone a laptop or home PC.

Anyway, where was I?

Well I was in Hua Hin and still am here for now.

The German boss to whom I resigned so amicably had got his lawyer to ring the lady who owns the house I would have been moving into were I happy in Hua Hin and had I been earning more than 100bt an hour.

Nothing can be done. He now says that I hadn't told him that I had signed a contract, but surely that goes without saying doesn't it? He knew I couldn't find the reciept. What the #### did he think the reciept was for that I was talking about? The gasoline I put in the bike that day? The pot noodle I bought at Mamily Fart that same afternoon?

Anyway, I have lost 8 grand - UNLESS - I can get an interested farang who want's to live in a house in Hua Hin to give me 8 grand and I will take him there, see the lady and change the names?

I really need to eat now, and meet up with Splitlid who leaves today, and book a ticket to Phuket for tomorrow, and call Ning up in Lampang and say thankyou for, not once, using the phone in the apartment to make long distance phonecalls to Ireland - but I won't because she already thinks I'm paranoid and will just accuse me of not using my brain and listening too much to those idiots on Thai wissa dot com. :o:D

DAIRY
:o

Not surprised... Some people (even English teachers on this forum) don't make the difference between:

than then

were where

their there

weather whether

border boarder

thread threat

and the English language pronunciation of rough....bought, and many other O U GH T words.

Right off topic on page 1 - more postings like the above and I'll soon have the longest running thread no worries! :o

BTW - Cheers Doc r.e. title change. :D

UPDATE: NING JUST RANG TO ASK WHAT I'M DOING AND MAKE SURE I DIDN'T SHOW SPLITLID THE PART OF THE HOME MOVIE WHICH BRIEFLY REVEALS HER BOOBIES. :D:D

I think auld Splitty has seen them already scamp.

Right off topic on page 1 - more postings like the above and I'll soon have the longest running thread no worries! :o

UPDATE: NING JUST RANG TO ASK WHAT I'M DOING AND MAKE SURE I DIDN'T SHOW SPLITLID THE PART OF THE HOME MOVIE WHICH BRIEFLY REVEALS HER BOOBIES. :D  :D

I think auld Splitty has seen them already scamp.

Stop shit stirring Paddy.

I've done you a favour and contributed to your return, don't abuse it now. :D

Jessus Scampy!

I leave the TV off for a few weeks and what do I find when I come back, you've gained and lost a love and a job in the blink of an eye, and now you're off cattle ranching in Patong!

Slow down lad

:o

UPDATE: NING JUST RANG TO ASK WHAT I'M DOING AND MAKE SURE I DIDN'T SHOW SPLITLID THE PART OF THE HOME MOVIE WHICH BRIEFLY REVEALS HER BOOBIES. :D:D

No pomplem Scamp

... NING JUST RANG TO ASK WHAT I'M DOING AND MAKE SURE I DIDN'T SHOW SPLITLID THE PART OF THE HOME MOVIE WHICH BRIEFLY REVEALS HER BOOBIES. :D  :o

Send me the tape, Scampy, and I'll make you a five second moving avatar :D

... NING JUST RANG TO ASK WHAT I'M DOING AND MAKE SURE I DIDN'T SHOW SPLITLID THE PART OF THE HOME MOVIE WHICH BRIEFLY REVEALS HER BOOBIES. :D  :o

Kitty's reading, shhh! :D

I introduced Splitlid to Erco tonight and I have left them playing pool so I'd best be off.

Been on the phone to Ning too but I really think we should just stay friends. :D

Kitty's reading, shhh! :D

I introduced Splitlid to Erco tonight and I have left them playing pool so I'd best be off.

Been on the phone to Ning too but I really think we should just stay friends.

:D who me?