Scampy's Diary

Scampy , i would sincerely suggest you look at the oppertunity to go back to your famillie in the uk .

You're obviously losing it out there, jumping from one place to another won't solve it.

Maybe it's to late and you can't even get back anymore. If their ain't no job in bkk then there won't be one in phuket probably. Maybe employers just see you as a loose canon.

I have a ticket to go back valid until mid May.

Family?

Foster mum - We get on fine via e-mail once in a blue moon... That's about it. She cares about me but possibly feels guilt that she can't relate to me like she can her own, sucessful, conventional, 'normal' son (25).

The middle son, Michael, (26) is adopted and doesn't know who his real folks are. I'm the eldest and we're all very different and don't keep in touch but we get on fine when we're together.

Biological dad - He's that man who got Miss Shanklin up the duff in 1973 and his father never wanted him and treated him with as much affection as a businessman so why should he be any different? Despite not being my dad from the age of 2 he'd still disown me were he ever to read my informal and open hearted postings on such a public forum.

He's not a bad man but he couldn't be a dad to save his life.

I can see that everybody is the way they are for a reason and I can put myself in the shoes of others - I think I'm the only one in both my families who can.

Foster father - I had a good childhood, he died in 1988 and were he alive today, I doubt we would have got on.

Biological mum - She died a lonely alcoholic in HER mother's (Now 90) spare room in Sandown, Isle Of Wight in Feb 2001. After selling her flat I went travelling for a year and the rest is history.

I wish I'd known her more - she was talented, very popular, good hearted, funny, and scatterbrained and never did any wrong to anyone.

She wasted her talent, gave up and turned to drink.

I don't want to end the same and I won't let life allow it.

Half brother - Same dead real mum, different dad, five years older than me. I doubt he'll be in touch in the near future. For years he has tried and failed to make me see the light and accept Jesus into my heart and I think he now realises that I want no part of it and find religion at best, laughable, and at worst, infuriating and sick, so that's probably why I havemn't heard from him since my birthday. Lovely bloke but poles apart and blinded by 'the light'.

Blah, a local BG and her sister have just called me because they want to take me to a temple and ask Lord Bhudda to give me some more luck, seeing as the pendant doesn't seem to be working.

I've nothing to lose so I'll give it a go, at least Bhuddists are relitavely normal people.

Anyway, the point is I'm the ultimate black sheep of the family...

But aren't most of us out here?

Are we all not black sheep who are running away from our homeland to be among 'like minded' and REAL people?

No?

Yes?

Ok, I'm off to put on a new shirt, get on my bike and maybe clean windscreens at the Chalong circle.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it getting better

Or do you feel the same

Will it make it easier on you now

You got someone to blame

One love

One life

When it's one need

In the night

One love

We get to share it

Leaves you baby if you

Don't care for

Did I disappoint you

Or leave a bad taste in your mouth

You act like you never had love

And you want me to go without

Well it's...

Too late

Tonight

To drag the past out into the light

We're one, but we're not the same

We get to

Carry each other

Carry each other

Have you come here for forgiveness

Have you come to raise the dead

Have you come here to play Jesus

To the lepers in your head

Did I ask too much

More than a lot

You gave me nothing

Now it's all I've got

We're one

But we're not the same

Well we

Hurt each other

Then we do it again

You say

Love is a temple

Love a higher law

Love is a temple

Love the higher law

You ask me to enter

But then you make me crawl

And I can't be holding on

To what you got

When all you got is hurt

One love

One blood

One life

You got to do what you should

One life

With each other

Sisters

Brothers

One life

But we're not the same

We get to

Carry each other

Carry each other

ONE.................

A few minutes before the Phuket bus rolled into Hua Hin yesterday morning, she turned up on a bike and gave me a small brass Bhudda medallion with loop to attach string or chain and told me it would bring me good luck.

What a lovely thing to do.... this is why I love Thailand.... !! :o

Don't know about you scamp, but I'm moved... and it didn't even happen to me... :D

totster :D

Family?

Foster mum - We get on fine via e-mail once in a blue moon... That's about it. She cares about me but possibly feels guilt that she can't relate to me like she can her own, sucessful, conventional, 'normal' son (25).

The middle son, Michael, (26) is adopted and doesn't know who his real folks are. I'm the eldest and we're all very different and don't keep in touch but we get on fine when we're together.

Biological dad - He's that man who got Miss Shanklin up the duff in 1973 and his father never wanted him and treated him with as much affection as a businessman so why should he be any different? Despite not being my dad from the age of 2 he'd still disown me were he ever to read my informal and open hearted postings on such a public forum.

I can see that everybody is the way they are for a reason and I can put myself in the shoes of others - I think I'm the only one in both my families who can.

Foster father - I had a good childhood, he died in 1988 and were he alive today, I doubt we would have got on.

Biological mum - She died a lonely alcoholic in HER mother's (Now 90) spare room in Sandown, Isle Of Wight in Feb 2001. After selling her flat I went travelling for a year and the rest is history.

I wish I'd known her more - she was talented, very popular, good hearted, funny, and scatterbrained and never did any wrong to anyone.

Half brother - Same dead real mum, different dad, five years older than me. I doubt he'll be in touch in the near future. For years he has tried and failed to make me see the light and accept Jesus into my heart and I think he now realises that I want no part of it and find religion at best, laughable, and at worst, infuriating and sick, so that's probably why I havemn't heard from him since my birthday. Lovely bloke but poles apart and blinded by 'the light'.

Ok so you have a crummy definition of a familly, but i don't find that the biggest obstacle. What i actually meant was that according to my own experience it's incredibly hard to find a job in los as a farang. From the moment you become a complete social case without money you are worse of then the thais. You miss their networks of family and friends to help you along without money, They still will see you as a rich farang from which they can profit.

If you go for work you have two solutions.

You go for the Big jobs that expats get with your western knowledge only to find that 99% of the time your blocked by HR managers (thai) that play a sport called "delete the resume as fast as you can", or you bump in to a stupid policy of a multinational not to hire westerners locally. Or you don't get hired because of the workpermit administrative bullshit. Even then you have to compete with equally qualified thai's at half the price.

You go for the Teacher jobs for a loosy wage , just barely scraping a living with no security at all. You can live but that's about it. you're actually making your reentry in European society more difficult everyday. (loss of knowledge , funds ect..)

If you get an interview with a thai boss, go from the idea that he's doing it because he's curious about stupid farang come to thailand. He will very likely not hire you.

If you get an interview with a farang boss, go with the idea that he can hire you for half the price because "THAT'S WHY HE IS IN THAILAND, CHEAP LABOUR".

OR he will think you are just a sorry loser, trying to kid himself in a most oppertunistic system.

Blah, a local BG and her sister have just called me because they want to take me to a temple and ask Lord Bhudda to give me some more luck, seeing as the pendant doesn't seem to be working

I've nothing to lose so I'll give it a go, at least Bhuddists are relitavely normal people..

Sure they are but no "Good luck" will help you, rather common sense and seeing your own situation in a clear light. You will have more changes in your own country now since you don't have to put up with the racist, semi racist bull shit (from thai as well as fellow farangs) :o

But aren't most of us out here?

Are we all not black sheep who are running away from our homeland to be among 'like minded' and REAL people?

No?

Yes?

Ok, I'm off to put on a new shirt, get on my bike and maybe clean windscreens at the Chalong circle.

What you were running to was the "DREAM" , i think it's time to wake up...

You sound more and more like a mental and emotional wreck every time you write stuff here. You are grasping at dreams in the future and in the mean time shattering even small advances in the present.

I hope you do find a job and keep making it out there but i think you should get out now before you hit bottom.

I did long before the money ran out and chucked everything up to a nice holiday with added experience. I realised that Living in LOS "could" be heaven if you have money, but that working in LOS in shear h-ell. And of course if you have money enough you could live in "heaven" anywhere :D

Good and bad things on either side you know :D

Take care but think things through, you're only way will be up if you hit bottom anyway :D

Ps: Maybe you will see Ning again in the uk ? who knows.

I'm living in a nice bungalow down a muddy, puddly lane.

Today is Tuesday.

I have a cut on my head, two bruised ribs and a job starting tomorrow selling time share.

Good (happy) team, comission based and 100% legal.

:o

100 per cent legal Scampy ? You have a Non-Immigrant B visa and a work permit already ?

I'm living in a nice bungalow down a muddy, puddly lane.

Today is Tuesday.

I have a cut on my head, two bruised ribs and a job starting tomorrow selling time share.

Good (happy) team, comission based and 100% legal.

100 per cent legal Scampy ? You have a Non-Immigrant B visa and a work permit already ?

That all comes after the 1 month training period.

Today I had to get a medical certificate and new passport photos so they can send off for the work visa.

I'll also have to go to Malaysia at the end of the month.

It's not some dodgy Del Boy set up in a Kata back alley, the first thing they asked was if my passport was up to date.

I polished my shoes at 7am this morning, put on my best shirt and tie and was told I had a job if I wanted it within seconds of entering the most impressive office I think I've ever seen.

Apperarance is everything.

It's not a perfect job - what with being comission based and everything but it's a start.

Scampy , i would sincerely suggest you look at the oppertunity to go back to your famillie in the uk .

You're obviously losing it out there, jumping from one place to another won't solve it.

Maybe it's to late and you can't even get back anymore. If their ain't no job in bkk then there won't be one in phuket probably. Maybe employers just see you as a loose canon.

You do not know how close you are. :o

The guy is the most immature idiot I have ever met. He is known around the area as "looney" and only been here for two weeks.. I will predict that he will be killed or will commit suicide. He is the most unstable person I have ever met and how he got to the airport to come to Thailand in the first place is beyond me.

I was like many who read his pleas for help, felt sorry. wanted to help and tried to.

Now I have really met this imbecile, I have washed my hands of him and everyone I have introduced him to, thinks he is a loser.

This childish no nothing drip, should stop feeling sorry for himself and grow the <deleted> up. He cannot be alone for more than two hours and lives for this forum - a very sad man he is.

Please, do not lend him any money, as he does not have what it takes to pay you back. He bludges off of the local bar girls for drinks and takes them home to sleep with him and doesnt pay them.

Be careful on who you try and help!

You do not know how close you are.  :o

The guy is the most immature idiot I have ever met. He is known around the area as "looney" and only been here for two weeks.. I will predict that he will be killed or will commit suicide. He is the most unstable person I have ever met and how he got to the airport to come to Thailand in the first place is beyond me.

I was like many who read his pleas for help, felt sorry. wanted to help and tried to.

Now I have really met this imbecile, I have washed my hands of him and everyone I have introduced him to, thinks he is a loser.

This childish no nothing drip, should stop feeling sorry for himself and grow the <deleted> up. He cannot be alone for more than two hours and lives for this forum - a very sad man he is.

Please, do not lend him any money, as he does not have what it takes to pay you back. He bludges off of the local bar girls for drinks and takes them home to sleep with him and doesnt pay them.

:D .....no quarter given there!..............sounds like its home time Scampy!

Holy cow, finally this forum lives up to its name... :D

Scampy- maybe it is time to go home. Sort yourself out and look properly for a job back at home while you are making a good income. No dosh in LOS is a nightmare! Timeshare? Christ Scampy not going to be one of those <deleted> that pester you on a street corner to fill out an entry form for a prize then call u the next day telling u that they have won an all expense paid vacation back to Thailand? Come to a bbq today to collect your prize and its actually a hardsell for a timeshare? :o

Scamp, I'd have to agree with Britmaveric. Doing the time share thing is too demeaning. I still don't understand what turned you off teaching so much. Teaching is at least a respectable living in the eyes of most, especially those who matter most, Thai people. Most time share people are just maggots working the system for peanuts.

Family?

Blah, a local BG and her sister have just called me because they want to take me to a temple and ask Lord Bhudda to give me some more luck, seeing as the pendant doesn't seem to be working.

I've nothing to lose so I'll give it a go, at least Bhuddists are relitavely normal people.

Jeez, GS, with such background, Thailand is the worst place you could be in, coming without a job and without money.

There are thousands of men better off mentally and financially who lost it here.

But anyway, I really, really hope you will make it.

And listen to Darknight, he made quite a few very pertinent remarks... :o

Holy <deleted>, Torny... what's going on between you two? Well, I've met you both in person. I've known Scampy for some time. I admit he's quite sensitive, vulnerable and childish at times. Well, may be weak to you lot. But he's not a bad person. We all have our highs and lows. I have spoken to him once in a while and I know he's trying very hard to survive out there.

I know you tried to help him get through all this, and I know he appreciates everything you did for him. I know who he's borrowed money from. I believe I know him well enough to say that he will NOT just bugger off without paying people back. It might be hard for him to settle in. But no choice. He has to do it. And he knows that.

We're just different. We all have different ways to handle things. I'm keeping an eye on him from some hundred miles away. So.. take it easy, dear. The last option would be he going back to England. But for now... if you want nothing to do with him anymore, that's fine. I can understand that. But I don't think it's necessary to do this to him on here. He's been too open. I believe most of us can actually see he's no jackass. He's just childish sometimes.

Whoa :D

Scamp,

The following is the best and most genuine advice you will recieve please read it through. I mean it in a friendly manner...

Get out of Thailand now. Do not think about it. Do not stop at a bar to have a beer and think about it. Do not stop at a bar to say goodbye to any bar girls or so called friends. Do not pass go, unless it is to collect 200 pounds. Proceed directly to the Airport. Immediately sweet talk the check in clerk to place you on the first available seat to the UK within the validity of your fare type. Once you are seated, only then you ,may allow yourself a longing look out of the window at the land you are leaving behind.

Honestly, a return home is the best thing that could happen to you in your circumstances and I think you know it deep down. A while ago, I PM'd you saying as much, I Think you should have done so sooner.

I found myself at rock bottom a few years ago. It's truly aweful, winding back in the UK with 23 pence in my pocket, no friends there anymore, no contact with family... truly aweful feeling (and it was raining). However, it didn't take me long to turn the situation around. I was back in Thailand within six months with a wad of cash in my pocket :D and did the 6 months here, 6 months there thing for a while. Last time I came back to England, I decided I would not return to LOS until I could do it permanently. I now work very long and unsociable hours and have no life whatsoever... but I'm earning a good solid wage packet full of super strong UK pounds and credit my Thai account regularly. It might take a couple of years, hopefully less but I'll soon be out there for good.

I know it's the last thing you want to hear and believe me, it will feel totally rotten when you hit the tarmac at Heathrow... but from what I've read from you over the last year, I feel sure you'll turn things around and make something positive out of it.

In fact, your base in Herts, or was it Bucks? is not so far from me. I'd be delighted to buy you a drink on your return (you'll need it) and chew the cud. In fact I might even have an idea for the future you might be interested in. :o

There's no denying it. It is inevitable you'll be back home within weeks if not days. Do not get caught working with those time share scoundrels and get blacklisted, you'll never be able to go back. Get out now... excercise some damage limitation.

I know what it's like to have to come home and start again. I'm a very busy man but I'm happy to be an understanding friend for you when you get back.

Good luck to you Scamp.

Scamp,

The following is the best and most genuine advice you will recieve please read it through. I mean it in a friendly manner...

Get out of Thailand now. Do not think about it. Do not stop at a bar to have a beer and think about it. Do not stop at a bar to say goodbye to any bar girls or so called friends. Do not pass go, unless it is to collect 200 pounds. Proceed directly to the Airport. Immediately sweet talk the check in clerk to place you on the first available seat to the UK within the validity of your fare type. Once you are seated, only then you ,may allow yourself a longing look out of the window at the land you are leaving behind.

Honestly, a return home is the best thing that could happen to you in your circumstances and I think you know it deep down. A while ago, I PM'd you saying as much, I Think you should have done so sooner.

I found myself at rock bottom a few years ago. It's truly aweful, winding back in the UK with 23 pence in my pocket, no friends there anymore, no contact with family... truly aweful feeling (and it was raining). However, it didn't take me long to turn the situation around. I was back in Thailand within six months with a wad of cash in my pocket :D and did the 6 months here, 6 months there thing for a while. Last time I came back to England, I decided I would not return to LOS until I could do it permanently. I now work very long and unsociable hours and have no life whatsoever... but I'm earning a good solid wage packet full of super strong UK pounds and credit my Thai account regularly. It might take a couple of years, hopefully less but I'll soon be out there for good.

I know it's the last thing you want to hear and believe me, it will feel totally rotten when you hit the tarmac at Heathrow... but from what I've read from you over the last year, I feel sure you'll turn things around and make something positive out of it.

In fact, your base in Herts, or was it Bucks? is not so far from me. I'd be delighted to buy you a drink on your return (you'll need it) and chew the cud. In fact I might even have an idea for the future you might be interested in. :o

There's no denying it. It is inevitable you'll be back home within weeks if not days. Do not get caught working with those time share scoundrels and get blacklisted, you'll never be able to go back. Get out now... excercise some damage limitation.

I know what it's like to have to come home and start again. I'm a very busy man but I'm happy to be an understanding friend for you when you get back.

Good luck to you Scamp.

Take the above advice Scampy , get back home and re-group you/ll be back before long.

Well, if the Scamp needed a huge kick in the spagglepods, this was probably it. :D

You do not know how close you are. :D

Well, if the Scamp needed a huge kick in the spagglepods, this was probably it. :D

Not so sure.

A bit overboard, I would say...

Do not comment about a situation you do not want to live in.

Because you're better off.

Does not make you any better... :o

scamps i have to agree,i dont think your losing it exactly but Thaialnd is like a big fantasy land.i only spent 3 months there but in that time i went from being strong and confident to weak and being walked over.

Being home is hard of course but after 3/4 motnhs being back here all is good, and as much as i loved Thailand i now realise it's not somewhere to live perminatly(for me)but i would like to return for at least 6months for one last time, and then small holidays.

Give England a chance, make new friends and get your confidence and strength back, and if you still want to return to Thailand after 6 odd months do it.

Not so sure.

A bit overboard, I would say...

Do not comment about a situation you do not want to live in.

Because you're better off.

Does not make you any better... :o

Nobody deserves to be in his situation and nobody likes to receive extreme ridicule either, but if he's going to put his life on public display here, then we can comment however we bloody well like. If he can dole it out then he has to be able to take it as well. I think he is an idiot to go into time share. I'd rather clean sewers than pull that scamming crap on people. For f@@@s sakes, England can't be that bad, can it?