Anyone Recommend Nice Sea View Condo

rem888

I would also include Naklua, as it is near Pattaya, and in my opinion, nicer than Jomtien. To live in the center of Pattaya is I guess only for the real aficionados. Perhaps fun for 2 weeks, but over time, it might be a bit too much of a good thing.

Go and check it out, there are a few really nice ones, like Saranchol. You will not get a high floor there for 7M, but it is a well run place (was at least).

Start from the Dusit Thani, go through the hotel down to the beach, turn right, and just walk and observe. It is a nice walk, and refreshment readily available. So you can combine business with pleasure!

And pick up some trash at the same time... :o

Try Jomthien Condotel and Grand Condotel - both well constructed and, I hear, well managed. Nice gardens, swimming pools, tennis courts, etc, etc. On Dongtan beach and insulated by the villages from main road noise.

Edited by Tammi

I am moving to Pattaya. can anyone recommend a nice sea view condo in or around Jomtiem / Pattaya up to 7m baht.

You can just about buy something in North Shore with that budget.

Absolute beachfront, good interesting views down Pattaya Beach Road from South Side of building night and day.

Instant transport outside on Baht Bus main route. Active and able management committee.

Great sea views and breezes....use of air con optional. Fresh clean air free.

Noise..well its Pattaya. Not a quiet place.

People have moved out of Jomtien Grand Condotel because of noise from VT5 fitting out. Noise and Thailand go together like peaches and cream.

For peace and quiet, head up to Naklua as suggested above. The Sanctuary looks good but not finished yet.

// good interesting views down Pattaya Beach Road from South Side of building night and day //

Are you a reseller "Beginner" ? I do think so. :D

With such big windows facing south and west, these apartments must be like an oven all the afternoon and evening. I really doubt that you can get fresh air by only openining windows... :o

Moreover, plans of these apartments are really "tortuous" : Too many walls and corner for so smalls apartments.

And I do not speak about price : more than 100 kBaht/sqm is ridiculous (to me) for such a condo.

Pattaya46

// good interesting views down Pattaya Beach Road from South Side of building night and day //

Are you a reseller "Beginner" ? I do think so. :D

With such big windows facing south and west, these apartments must be like an oven all the afternoon and evening. I really doubt that you can get fresh air by only openining windows... :o

Moreover, plans of these apartments are really "tortuous" : Too many walls and corner for so smalls apartments.

And I do not speak about price : more than 100 kBaht/sqm is ridiculous (to me) for such a condo.

Pattaya46

I am not a seller or a reseller. I am just trying to assist the OP.

You are rather cycnical Pattaya 46. I am surprised that you haven't accused the OP of being a realtor trawling for listing material.

The price of 100kbaht/sqm may be ridiculous to you but the condo market is very diverse and many other people think that it is a bargain price to live in that particular buillding in that specific location. Some of the North Shore 250 sqm tower units have been sold for considerably more than 100k/sqm as have other front units. If the buyers stick to Thailand rule number one of only buying something that they can afford to walk away from, then no harm is done.

The unit designs are not perfect but show me some that are. There is very little choice on Pattaya Beach Road and VT6 is aimed at another cheaper market altogether.

No doubt the OP will look around for something that suits his particular needs and priorities and that is why others have helpfully suggested condos in Jomtien and Naklua.

My advice would be not to ever consider a purchase until you have lived in Pattaya for at least six month. After this period you should develop enough information about locations and the property market to make an informed decision

View Talay 2 has recently had a major new professional management shakeup and things are visibly and dramatically improving. As such, I think it represents an excellent value at present as the current prices don't fully reflect this turnaround. Although not anywhere near oceanfront, the sea views that do exist are not threatened at all. Between A and B blocks, A is the better location being closer to the baht bus routes.

Edited by Jingthing

Tammi recommends Jomtien Condotel.

At the present situation I would not recommend it. Within 1 or 2 years there will be only limited seaview.

There's limited seaview from all the side rooms or none at all from some rooms. Some of the sea view rooms will be affected by Regatta if it goes more than 14 meters or indeed does get built at all - the new condo act just might take care of that problem.

Jomthiem Condotel does have location being 200 meters from Dongtan Beach and buffered from Tappraya Road's noise by the village. And it seems to have decent management tho how the new condo act will affect that remains to be seen.

View Talay 2 has recently had a major new professional management shakeup and things are visibly and dramatically improving. As such, I think it represents an excellent value at present as the current prices don't fully reflect this turnaround. Although not anywhere near oceanfront, the sea views that do exist are not threatened at all. Between A and B blocks, A is the better location being closer to the baht bus routes.

Hey, nice to hear a good story about a condo. It's tough but if co-owners keep at it and pull together improvements do happen.

We have been in VIP Condochain, Na Jomtien for the last 8 years and absolutely love it. The condo is directly on the beach and has arguably the best views along the coast. New condos going up are 100k+/sq m, VIP is @45k. We are returning to England for our kids schooling and are selling ours (check new ads under aondos for sale/ one bedroom seafront condo (only 4.3m) A definite hidden gem.

post-28744-1207809433_thumb.jpg

post-28744-1207809466_thumb.jpg