Non-immi "o" Multi Entry Singapore

I've seen on many of the threads about the Thai embassy in Singapore wanting to see 400,000 baht in the bank for a one year non-immigrant "O" multi entry visa, but have not see any info about how long the finances need to be in the bank. I know in the past individuals were putting sums of money in the bank, getting the visa, then withdrawing the money right away. I have the money in the bank, and am not planning on withdrawing it, but it only recently got deposited. Does anyone know if the embassy wants to see the money in the bank for a certain time period, or just wants to see 400,000 baht? Thanks in advance.

Yep, got mine couple of months ago with print out from my bank's online service so doesn't even have to be "official" statement by mail. They just asked me what currency the amount in the statement was. Once told them "Euros" they just went ok, you can pick it up tomorrow...

No time limit required. That is only for extensions of stay based on retirement within Thailand that they have the requirement.

is this your personal opinion or can you submit a reliable source?

It is fact based on a lot of posts.

Need the money in any bank in the world.

No time limit required. That is only for extensions of stay based on retirement within Thailand that they have the requirement.

I did my multi 'o', based on marriage, 3 weeks ago and they don't care where the money is. I had 2 deposits within 3 days of going for the visa. I used Thai and UK statements.

Question.. I see here that if you have 400.000 on the bank you can get a non immigrant "O" in Singapore.

Does this also go for a non maried farang of 27?

Or does this only have to do with retirement or mariage?

sorry litebeer, but "based on a lot of posts" is NOT a reliable source. they use to copy sheer rumors from one another.....and lots of 'wishful thinking' and lots of 'bragging'. reliable would ony be an offcial thai source, which you obviously don't have, or why don't you mention it?

Actually this is the most reliable source you are going to find for visa information. There is no requirement for the money to be in account for a fixed period of time for Singapore issue of a multi entry non immigration O visa when you meet the other requirements of marriage certificate/copy of spouse ID card and home register.

Actually this is the most reliable source you are going to find for visa information. There is no requirement for the money to be in account for a fixed period of time for Singapore issue of a multi entry non immigration O visa when you meet the other requirements of marriage certificate/copy of spouse ID card and home register.

However, the Thai Embassy in Singapore does ask for last 3 months bank statements. I don't know what happens if the statements show below 400,000 at any time. This is from personal experience, applying for non-imm O (spouse).

Cheers,

Mike

And that appears to be the first report of them asking for three months - we have many stating that only a current account statement anywhere in the world and made within 30 days is the requirement. Are you sure you were "asked" or did you just submit them? That Embassy has put there requirements out in emails and in none was such a requirement stated. When did this happen? All information is important so thanks in advance.

It only applies to marriage (marriage certificate/copy spouse ID card/copy spouse home register). For retirement the requirement is 800k.

Sorry I do not mean to pull this OT but....... I did not know this & wondered....does this rule apply only in Singapore? I am married to a Thai citizen & will be going back soon & we want to stay 3-6 months a year there if possible.

I would be applying at a US Thai Embassy & would like to know if this is the best option for me? I am 51 & could do the retirement visa too but wondered since 400k is half of that requirement.

Thanks for any help given.

Edited by flying

sorry litebeer, but "based on a lot of posts" is NOT a reliable source. they use to copy sheer rumors from one another.....and lots of 'wishful thinking' and lots of 'bragging'. reliable would ony be an offcial thai source, which you obviously don't have, or why don't you mention it?

Thats funny :o

Welcome to thaivisa.com

It only applies to marriage (marriage certificate/copy spouse ID card/copy spouse home register). For retirement the requirement is 800k.

Sorry I do not mean to pull this OT but....... I did not know this & wondered....does this rule apply only in Singapore? I am married to a Thai citizen & will be going back soon & we want to stay 3-6 months a year there if possible.

I would be applying at a US Thai Embassy & would like to know if this is the best option for me? I am 51 & could do the retirement visa too but wondered since 400k is half of that requirement.

Thanks for any help given.

That is a specific Singapore rule. It is for visa 90 day stay entry valid for entry during a one year period from issue. It is not extension of stay for one year (as you obtain in Thailand with proof of 40k family income). For your 3-6 month use it would seem a good option. But if you are in US it is likely you can obtain the same type of visa from a Consulate or Honorary Consulate there and probably not have to have any financial show. You should have the marriage certificate and perhaps the copy of ID card/home register just in case. If one Consulate says no try another. Let them know you plan to travel back and forth so not interested in normal in Thailand extension of stay if they recommend you do that.

That is a specific Singapore rule. It is for visa 90 day stay entry valid for entry during a one year period from issue. It is not extension of stay for one year (as you obtain in Thailand with proof of 40k family income). For your 3-6 month use it would seem a good option. But if you are in US it is likely you can obtain the same type of visa from a Consulate or Honorary Consulate there and probably not have to have any financial show. You should have the marriage certificate and perhaps the copy of ID card/home register just in case. If one Consulate says no try another. Let them know you plan to travel back and forth so not interested in normal in Thailand extension of stay if they recommend you do that.

Ah thank you very much lopburi! I do have a Royal Thai Consulate nearby I will give it a try.

Thanks for your help

Edited by flying

A couple of questions...

1. Does the 400K have to be in a bank account, or can it be in a brokerage account? I may have asked this question on another thread, but just want to confirm.

2. What is the turnaround time in Singapore? In other words, how late can I drop off my paperwork on Monday, and how early can I pick it up on Tuesday---or will it be later in the week? This info will help me choose which flights to book.

Thanks.